CEV Champions League 2019

• What a match!!! Egonu, you are a monster. Piccinini had a great match too, big fan of her. At 40 yrs old playing like this, just outstanding.

For Vakif, Cansu and Robinson are not for the level of this team and Sloetjes and Rasic just a shadow of what they used to be. But, despite all of this, still was able to fight really hard and give us this spectacle.

Hope we have a good Italian final and Egonu/Picci MVP.

• And Egonu finding the right services in the hardest moment. I was so scared she would have made another mistake, but this girl is just a phenomenon!!! :super: the best!

And of course Picci :heart:

• What a match!!! Egonu, you are a monster. Piccinini had a great match too, big fan of her. At 40 yrs old playing like this, just outstanding.

For Vakif, Cansu and Robinson are not for the level of this team and Sloetjes and Rasic just a shadow of what they used to be. But, despite all of this, still was able to fight really hard and give us this spectacle.

Hope we have a good Italian final and Egonu/Picci MVP.

Sloetjes had pretty much the same attacking efficiency as Zhu and Egonu today. Honestly Guidetti should have trusted her more at the end of the match.

• So happy that Novara is in and Vakif is out. I actually like Vakif a lot but it is good to see the Turkish dominance going down this year. It evidenced that there are really good teams in other leagues as well.

PS: From the third set and on, I was wondering why has Sloetjes disappeared? She was doing ok today... Awful choices by Cansu.

• Egonu and Piccinini seem to be getting the credit here (and rightfully so) but I think we also have to say Bartsch had a great match because even Egonu can't score all the points and the American made a good contribution.

• So Italian teams are 3/3 this years with CEV competition !!

And they will win even silver medal at CL.

What a year for Seria A and Italian volleyball, after winning silver at WCH !!!

• Great work from Egonu, kudos to her!:obey:

I had awarded Vakifbank another final, but all of them are not in their best shape at the moment. They could have past to the final with a better setter IMHO.

I'm rooting for Conegliano in the final, because they are a real team!:super:

• Both teams in the final have been playing some really good volleyball, that's really what you want to see. Hopefully they can bring the best out of each other. Good to see Piccinini in the final!!

• Sloetjes had pretty much the same attacking efficiency as Zhu and Egonu today. Honestly Guidetti should have trusted her more at the end of the match.

I know, but I think is not about only statistics. Zhu attacked 13 more balls than Sloetjes while Egonu attacked 38 more, so it’s normal for them to have a decline in their efficiency. Added to this, we have to remember that Zhu and Egonu receives many more balls out of system than Sloetjes does. But I’m not saying she had a bad match, she didn’t, she just wasn’t a factor for Vakif, like Picci and Bartsch were for Novara, in my opinion (and both of them scored less points than Sloetjes).

• Really really sad for vakifbank. 14:12 in the golden set, 2 match points...still lose.

I have not much expectation from VB in the beginning of the season because it’s formed by a branch of young inexperienced local player. But when the victory comes so close, I still feel disappointed.

• I agree Sisko : Bartsch had a great game too, I was quite worried when she clashed with Egonu in the golden set and let the free ball fall.. anyway she gave her great contribution, much better than Robinson!

• The golden set was very intense. When Vakif led at 6:2, they wasted chances of keeping the leading gap. Egonu's big serves at the end saved the team. She made big impacts on Vakif's reception, which made it hard for Cansu to set good balls for Zhu.