Trash Can Thread: All Volleyball related discussions

• what happened to rich Russian clubs ? how were they able to pay Vasileva then ?

what happened to rich Russian clubs ? how were they able to pay Vasileva then ?

I don't think Kazan offer 1M to Vasileva. They can offer 500K not 1M maybe Mammadova and Vasileva together can get 1M not both of them. Kazan could pay Kosheleva instead of them if they really did. Kazan is the richest club in Russian league. I dont think they have much more money like Vakifbank and Eczacibashi. Even Male team of Kazan paid 500K to Leon and Matt I don't think Kazan women club is richer than male club of Kazan :whistle:

• Top Turkish teams are very rich. I think Conegliano is the richest team in Italy,but they couldn't keep Bricio because Fenerbahce offered her much more money.

i wonder if Fener offered her some amount of money that Conegliano couldnt really pay ? or they just didnt want to pay that money to her while they were able to afford ?

• Could be for many reasons. Only the big 3 teams in Turkey (maybe GS as well) can offer those huge amounts of money and they probably only want 4 foreigners maximum in their roster so the other players have to play in other countries. Another reason could be that a lot of players simply like playing or living in Italy better than Turkey or they don't want to be on the bench etc.

The actual difference come from the taxing system of the countries. In EU, as far as I know, taxes are quite high for elite players. In Turkey, teams like Eczacibasi and Vakifbank pay far less taxes or get refunds while clubs like GS, FB, BJK couldnt get such benefits. Now they changed the law again, allowing clubs like FB, GS and BJK to use taxes they pay for professional football players to support their amateur branches including volleyball. This is one example of news from a terrible newsletter from Turkey explaining it:

https://www.dailysabah.com/foo…-turkeys-football-leagues

Simply, a football player pays half of his salary to taxes in Europe while he/she only pays 15% in Turkey :down:

• Although Italian clubs pay less money they still have good players in their championships maybe not big names like Zhu or Kim but they still have similar power clubs and loads of strong foreigner and local players in it

• Although Italian clubs pay less money they still have good players in their championships maybe not big names like Zhu or Kim but they still have similar power clubs and loads of strong foreigner and local players in it

not similar..it was like :Conegliano+Novara + the others last season :whistle:

• If to be honest I think Congeliano is not interested in Bricio's staying. Why don't Fener try to sign with Fabris? She was much better than Bricio in her team. :whistle: Russian clubs are not rich even Gratcheva said that they didn't want to sign with more foreigners. Even Karpol said that our NT team need strong foreigner coach like Italians but federation is not interested :whistle: Even Zarechie could be closed last years. Pankov said that we worked here almost without money

• not similar..it was like :Conegliano+Novara + the others last season :whistle:

I'm really curious do you know Italian league better than me? Last year Modena was 5th place in regular season and they played in final and got 2nd place.

• Some days ago I've read an interview of Piccinini. She told that she had really high offers to play abroad ,like 5 times more than what she was earning in Italy (I think it's a bit exaggerated,but ok :rolleyes: ) but she preferred to stay in Italy.

• If to be honest I think Congeliano is not interested in Bricio's staying. Why don't Fener try to sign with Fabris? She was much better than Bricio in her team. :whistle: Russian clubs are not rich even Gratcheva said that they didn't want to sign with more foreigners. Even Karpol said that our NT team need strong foreigner coach like Italians but federation is not interested :whistle: Even Zarechie could be closed last years. Pankov said that we worked here almost without money

its sad to hear all of these..such a traditionally strong volley country cant sustain its clubs and cant develope its own coaches

• Thank you, that is very interesting.

• I'm really curious do you know Italian league better than me? Last year Modena was 5th place in regular season and they played in final and got 2nd place.

also Galatasay was the fourth and they played the final vs Fener after beating Vakıf with Zhu at the semis..which result was more sensational to you ?

• its sad to hear all of these..such a traditionally strong volley country cant sustain its clubs and cant develope its own coaches

Because it is not popular here and Federation didn't care at all and clubs play with low budget. Even tickets were free in VNL and most time :whistle:

• For me Italian league is always ahead if to be honest. I even watched Italian 2nd league where Brakocevic, Dumler played. I grow up with watching Rai sport, even Puglia channel broadcast some games. Tena Santeramo was their club if I am not wrong Soninha :lol: for me Italian league is always ahead for competition. But Turkish top clubs players are stronger than Italians. I even watch Italian 2nd league too if to be honest. Neither Turkish nor Italian clubs are mine. I must tell Italian league is really exciting and interesting for me