Trash Can Thread: All Volleyball related discussions

• Anyone care to offer their opinion on how you would name these staff positions:

That's the list over at volleybox and I'm not sure how different languages would translate these positions to English. As an example, Japan google-translates translates "Head Coach" to "Supervise".

But beyond translation oddities, what are the English terms you're used to seeing?

I'm not familiar with all of them but these are what I'm used to:

1. Head Coach
    2. Assistant Coach
    3. Analyst
    4. --
    5. --
    6. --
    7. General Manager
    8. --
    9. --
    10. --
    11. --
  • Just to share. For those who also like to listen to talks with coaches to fill the time without on-court action.

"Volley Junkies" on facebook (hosted by Puerto Rican college coach Manolo Concepcion): https://www.facebook.com/volleyjunkies

Latest two episodes were with Antiga and Guidetti, scheduled are Athanasopoulos, Bernardinho, Barbolini among others.

• Question for the Turkish users (or any other Turkish speaker)

Here, Neslihan is talking about her Dream Team, but what did she say around 2:10 about Poljak? She is my...

• She says kanka. It means close friend in slang.

Yeah it is like 'best buddy'

• Dont you think there is a correlation between one team playing worst match of the season and opponent making them play that way? It is not like all of a sudden Conegliano decided to play a terrible match, especially Sylla, what a surprise she is a weak receiver and Guidetti loves to abuse that kind of opponents.

• Vakifbank is the one who, with his great game and strategy, prevented Conegliano from playing his recongnizable and dominant game, for me it was a great match where both teams played great (ofc with does of adjustment to the opponent), and in the end certainly, deservedly without any doubts Conegliano won.

Much more important than comperation between Vakif and Conegliano, is IMO big true, and i am not happy about that, and that is Conegliano IMO, even next to Novara, looks like big favourite (the same thing is with Vakif in VVSL - just to be completely clear, i am also don't happy with that). Also i hope that we will have a lot of chance to see this two clubs in fight with each other, and truly for me Vakif in the second half of the season show game with which they can beat Conegliano as well IMO, but instead of that and whether it turns out that I am right or not, I wish for quality volleyball and in that case I will definitely enjoy, whoever wins.

• Vakifbank was without Bartsch when they faced with Conegliano. We will never know the result if they would have a game. IMO Vakifbank could win cause they were amazing just before covid-19.

• Dont you think there is a correlation between one team playing worst match of the season and opponent making them play that way? It is not like all of a sudden Conegliano decided to play a terrible match, especially Sylla, what a surprise she is a weak receiver and Guidetti loves to abuse that kind of opponents.

A weak correlation IMO. I still believe Conegliano didn't play good that match.

• If Bartsch was there, would she replace Gabi? Will it make it possible for Vakifbank to beat Conegliano?

Maybe? Maybe not? Ebrar was doing really well that tie-break, but Maja kept using Gabi as a go-to player, and that didn't work as intended, maybe Bartsch could do better... Gabi is a clutch player though, so it was a good gamble nonetheless... it happens, that game was 50-50, anyone could win

• Yep... They kept all their starters... They already were scary dangerous, now they will be probably unbeatable. And even losing Ogbogu, they signed with Fahr, so they are good in the MB department once again

Vakifbank was somehow showing IMO a better game overall than Conegliano.

• Bartsch is much more terminal than Gabi. IMO she would have pulled a point in that 10-14 VAKIF MP.

Not fair with Gabi who played a really good game. She played a hell of a game, she didnt score the last point, but so far, imo she help the team alotto get this close of the final.

• I might be late but I'm shocked ppl are saying Conegliano played a bad match at WCCH vs Vakifbank, that match was absolutely epic! It was an amazing match of high quality on both sides imo :lol: the rest is luck