Trash Can Thread: All Volleyball related discussions

• Does anyone know why Ngapeth called this player a Racist Traitor? Who is that? I only saw the video of Leal kicking? someone

Looks like Travica (the player in the pic) said something racist about Leal, who then tried go kick him after the match. That's the only thing I could understand from volleyball.it, I don't think there are enough info online about this

• Looks like Travica (the player in the pic) said something racist about Leal, who then tried go kick him after the match. That's the only thing I could understand from volleyball.it, I don't think there are enough info online about this

I've honestly never seen Leal get angry or even be that aggressive before. When I saw the video I couldn't make out the name on the back of the shirt but I never would've thought it was actually Leal.

I've been trying to find the whole video of the match online but there's none available

• Looks like Travica (the player in the pic) said something racist about Leal, who then tried go kick him after the match. That's the only thing I could understand from volleyball.it, I don't think there are enough info online about this

Wait apparently Leal received punishment for his behavior during that altercation with Travica but if Travica did indeed say something racist to Leal how is he not suspended? That also goes against their rules of conduct.

• If Leal says Travica was racist, I believe him. Why wouldn't I? We have to stop doubting the victims of these acts. Also Travica was never an easy going guy.

I can't understand why Travica hasn't received any punishment.

• what did travic say to leal exactly? or was it like that serbian libero that did a gesture towards the thai players?

As for now it goes like that:

The atmosphere during Modena-Perugia game was really heated -> even during the game, Leal was clearly upset about something and was reacting towards fans/Perugia players -> after the game he went to the other side of the court, kicked Travica and pushed Mengozzi -> he said that Travica used racist slur against him -> according to Perugia, there were only 'normal' under-the-net provocations from both sides, some eye contacts/provos -> as for now, there's no proof of this allegation, so Leal got suspended for the whole playoff series against Perugia for kicking Travica and pushing Mengozzi -> Ngapeth called Travica a racist and a traitor (they played together once in Modena) -> Travica denied any wrongdoing and said he'll exploit legal measures if these allegations are upheld.

Long story short: we don't know (yet).

• If Leal says Travica was racist, I believe him. Why wouldn't I? We have to stop doubting the victims of these acts. Also Travica was never an easy going guy.

I can't understand why Travica hasn't received any punishment.

Leal hasn't said anything yet. Webvolei said Legavolley banned Leal from posting anything on his account or they will extend his punishment that's why Ngapeth was the one who posted it (3 separate posts btw) on his account. Other than that there hasn't really been any kind of coverage or explanation of what's been said only that video of Leal lashing out.

• So they are also censoring Leal :wall: nice job

• No way Leal would just kick him because of normal taunts during the game. Travica said or did something that provoked Leal which warranted his motive.

Travica should also be suspended for the time being until further investigation. He should'nt even have been allowed to make that post if Leal isn't allowed to say his side of the story.

• Quick question to all my fellow SEA citizens, i there any thread for the SEA Games volleyball?

I will create a thread. I want to follow too. Starts tomorrow

Altinli

• Hello everyone! Do you guys know any apps that I can use for statistic and game analysis for indoor and beach volleyball? Preferably compatible with iPad 9th generation. I have been using Beach Data for beach volleyball. Please suggest me any other apps if you guys know. Thanks.

• It's funny to visit here and see some of your posts have been moved here for some reason, like it saved someone a breath, but whatever

It's also funny that I like Japanese volleyball because it's fast, and I like Japanese movies because they are slow. I just finished Ryusuke Hamaguchi's 5 1/2 hour epic Happy Hour. Maybe you've heard of the guy, as his most recent 3 hour Drive My Car won prizes all over the world

A favorite director of mine, to be sure. His films are all pretty freaking long, and they are often about the craft of acting itself. I like that meta quality. Another favorite director, Sion Sono also makes films about acting and film making -- some of his best stuff

I'm not recommending Hamaguschi's films to anyone who isn't already into this kind of thing (arthouse-y/actors workshop stuff). I was just blown away by the film and wanted to say it out lolud

• Meliha and her husband choose really nice location for their weeding + I was like 10 minutes away, probably a unique opportunity to meet KYK, too bad I wasn't invited, LoL.

I wouldn't feel bad at this table either.