CEV Champions League 2019

• they will lose 3-0 easily....i wish they would invest in the female team instead of the loser male team

So true!! Despite the bad results I actually believe the female team had potential to do well with players like Derya, Fulden and add some great transfers next to them.... But they chose to invest in these males that never win anything. So dumb

• So true!! Despite the bad results I actually believe the female team had potential to do well with players like Derya, Fulden and add some great transfers next to them.... But they chose to invest in these males that never win anything. So dumb

imagine >>they were spending the same amount of money for the female team that they have been pouring for the male team ...the female team would rock and be as strong as Fenerbahçe even Vakıf adn Eczacı with that investment..would be kinda Türk Telekom with Aguerro years ago

• is this Halkbank that weak? they are 0-2 down against Frankfurt

They needed a better two-way libero and Sket is underperforming as unexpected.

They always choke in CL

Halkbank W couldn't even get promoted to CL.

they seem to have a good roster but no result

It's a hard life. Halkbank undergone another facelift so the chemistry is off every year. Baranowicz wasn't even the desired setter of Halkbank.

they will lose 3-0 easily....i wish they would invest in the female team instead of the loser male team

Ok this is just a bad take. Halkbank M is the most successful club in Turkey?. Calling them a loser team because they can't win a european cup is just a rushed opinion.

Turkish level fluctuates a lot because of the renewal every season. It's hard to keep up when the foreign core is stronger than local players.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I can see where you are coming from but the women's team last season was pretty good having probably about 15% of the Male teams budget if not less. They almost eliminated GS in the play-offs with Kosheleva, Neslihan, Rabadzhieva etc. They have the best Turkish libero and one of the most solid local OHs, however they decide to invest 0% in them despite they had pretty good last season and the male's can only win locally. I find this unfair to the female team, at least split it a little more fair and invest a little in the womens team.

I hope they lose the league too even though I actually like the players in the team individually.

Sket was also underperfoming in FB so I don't get why Halkbank wants to make him main player in their team after that FB season.

Spending tons of money but bad management each season, it has been enough. Especially with HALKbank, I find this a waste of money tbh as a Turkish citizen I'm sure Canter and any other Turkish person can agree. Its not that we want them to win the cup, but they flat out choke vs almost any team thats coming their way until the pressure is gone.

• One other thing. German players are promising, some of their local core in Frankfurt are NT members. The turkish players are pretty meh besides Subasi comparatively speaking.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I understand your point as well but building a champion team is easier with men's volleyball compared to the women's volleyball which is even impacted with coaches, bad coaches affect women more than men because the physical nature of men's volleyball can win matches if you are superior in every way even without excellent reception.

Halkbank focusing on men's volleyball is just practical.

One of the reasons for this is identifying talent especially in pos 4.

Women's volleyball, you can only pinpoint a handful of talented and complete OHs but in men's volleyball, there's a lot if you know where to look for.

-------------

Didn't know about Sket underperforming in FB. That's a shame because he had a good season in Slovenia NT. I wonder what happened?

#FreeBritney

• It makes more sense to me investing on the male team and win at least the local league and the national cups. What can they actually do with VakifBank and Eczacibasi? Nothing. Even Fenerbahce is slowly giving up, trying younger and cheaper players.

• It makes more sense to me investing on the male team and win at least the local league and the national cups. What can they actually do with VakifBank and Eczacibasi? Nothing. Even Fenerbahce is slowly giving up, trying younger and cheaper players.

They have enough budget as VB and EczV actually if they are willing to invest, they also have a big youth team like VakifBank, they could achieve a lot actually. They could be the next VB but they don't care to... Actually I'm not sure if I'm correct, but Halkbank could possibly be richer then VB, if not then very close. VB doesn't even have a male team basically.

Also I don't get why people think FB is giving up vs VB and EczV, they literally just won the season 2 years ago. FB has simply decreased their budget for now, such multi-sport team has such ups and downs and many teams had financial struggles bcs of the financial problems in the country itself. FB has never been a team that struggled to become competition for VB and Ecz, only Gala has.

I mean I get why they invest in males but would be nice if they reversed roles for once, surely they can build an epic team just like VB, they do have that kind of money amd resources/youth teams etc. Halkbank is probably the only one that can challenge them and I want to see it happen! :D

• Volley branch is only a small part of Fener and Galatasary. They invest more money on soccer.

• they seem to have a good roster but no result

In Turkish Men's leagure, Halkbank is a strong team. But in CL, they are a weak team.

Zenit Kazan, Zenit St. Petersburg, Dinamo Moscow, Perugia, Lube, Modena, Zaksa, Skra...

At least 8 teams that can beat Halkbank without doubt.

• Arkasspor-Perugia

Kedzierzyn-Kozle-Lube Civitanova

UV Frankfurt-Roeselare

Chaumont-ACH Ljubljana

Halkbank-Zenit Kazan

Gdansk-Maaseik

BR Volleys-Belchatow

Friedrichshafen-Zenit St. Petersburg

Modena-Karlovarsko

Din. Moscow-Tours

Exciting week for the champions league this round. I guess I have to sign up to the subscription now.Sorry if i'm LTTP, guys.:wavy:

#FreeBritney

• Tbh Turkish men's league is still better and more balanced then the Italians :teach:

:rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll:

Sorry, I had to do it : P

Well, Superlega has always been the best league in the world. Italian clubs were just unlucky a phenomenon called Leon signed with Zenit Kazan, making them win Champions League - which is no goal for some clubs that rather win the scudetto - every year. :win:

• Lorenzo must be out of his mind. When Perugia led at 17:14 in set 3, he thought it's gonna be an easy win, and sent Leon to the bench. He did not expect Arkas could make a comeback. LOL

• Arkas Izmir gets the set, well done! Perugia is from another level maybe but lets fight and learn from this match, lets keep it competitive! :box:

Obviously Perugia is stronger than Arkas. But Arkas played a decent game so far, esp, in set 3 and set 4. They deserve applause.