CEV Champions League 2019

• I thought it was a double touch... but anyway yeah, that should be Skra's point

Ebadipour was hilarious but I unserstand his anger

• Did you see Ebadipour blow up at the ref right after the match?

No. I closed stream right after the match. What happened with Ebadipour?

• today Kazan goes with the Roster A or will rest some players?

Kazan is playing with mixed A and B team. Verbov is coaching, and Butko and Mikhaylov is out at least in the second set.

• Kazan is playing with mixed A and B team. Verbov is coaching, and Butko and Mikhaylov is out at least in the second set.

Butko is back now. And NG set up a ball at pos 2 and Butko spiked... But got blocked. ^^

Kazan is playing now without any pressure.

• I'm watching Ankara. Pls win and qualify!! ;(:box:

Halkbank should win this game. They're a better team than Knack.

• Butko is back now. And NG set up a ball at pos 2 and Butko spiked... But got blocked. ^^

Kazan is playing now without any pressure.

Yes Butko is going in and out court, but I don't see Maxim even in the bench today maybe he's not there at all for today's match

• Yes Butko is going in and out court, but I don't see Maxim even in the bench today maybe he's not there at all for today's match

Yeah, Maxim maybe did not even follow the team to Frankfurt.

• Kazan 3:1 Frankfurt

NG played very well with solid reception and attacking.

Loran was not bad. But He needs to improve his setting. Some balls are too low to spike for OH/OPP.

It's another horrible game from Anderson. Maybe he's distracted by his GF recently. :/

• It's another horrible game from Anderson. Maybe he's distracted by his GF recently. :/

Matt always plays his best when both he and Maxim is on court #MattMax <3

• Kazan, Lube, Saint Petersburg, Gdánsk, and Perugia secure No.1 in each group and qualify for the Quarterfinals.

Chaumont and Moscow have advantages and play against weaker teams in their groups in the last round. So they are in favor for qualifying.

Halkbank plays against Kazan in the final round. Kazan is expected to win the match at their home court, and Halkbank is, then, out. Therefore, the competition for the last spot is among Skra, Zaksa, and Modena.

Modena can easily win 3-0 in the last round. Since they won 1 set against Lube this week, they have a slight advantage in the competition of No.2 in Group B. As a result, Zaksa needs to win at least 1 set in the last match against Lube to get No.2. However, Lube will probably win the match at their home court.

Skra plays against Berlin at home court in the last round. If they win, they will have a higher chance to advance to the Quarterfinals.

The match Skra-Berlin and Karlovarsko-Modena starts at 18:00, and Lube-Zaksa starts at 20:30. If Skra wins, Modena will know they are out. If Skra loses, then Modena’s fate is on Lube’s hand. In that circumstance, maybe they will cheer for Lube to win 3-0 against Zaksa.

• Helios That's a very good overview of the situation! Unfortunately, it means that perhaps only some of those last-round matches will be interesting and really intense. True, Chaumont and Dinamo Moscow hold their faith n their hands, however, they both play away games. Chaumont's task seems a bit easier, but ACH plays relatively well at home. Even a 3-2 win (the same what both Zenit SP and Friedrichshafen took in Slovenia) will be enough for Chaumont, though. However, Dinamo Moscow's trip to Tours is a risky one. I am sure Tours won't just give up the match and will cause the Russians trouble. Dinamo, on the other side, have chances of advancing further even with a 3-0 defeat in France.

• Unfortunately, it means that perhaps only some of those last-round matches will be interesting and really intense.

True. The interesting matches are Skra-Berlin and Lube-Zaksa. The most crucial match is Skra-Berlin and the result of this match matters the most.

True, Chaumont and Dinamo Moscow hold their faith n their hands, however, they both play away games. Chaumont's task seems a bit easier, but ACH plays relatively well at home. Even a 3-2 win (the same what both Zenit SP and Friedrichshafen took in Slovenia) will be enough for Chaumont, though. However, Dinamo Moscow's trip to Tours is a risky one. I am sure Tours won't just give up the match and will cause the Russians trouble. Dinamo, on the other side, have chances of advancing further even with a 3-0 defeat in France.

Chaumont has 3 wins and 10 points. Even if they lose with 0-3, they will still qualify as long as there is no other dramas. Moscow has 3 wins and 9 points. Even if they lose 0-3, they still rank higher than Modena (Even if Modena wins with 3-0). So they still have chances to qualify, as you said.

Actually Maaseik still has a little bit chance to advance. They need to beat Gdansk 3-0, and at the same time, Skra loses and Lube beat Zaksa 3-0. However, I would say this will highly unlikely happen.

• Attention, attention, tactics freaks! Roberto Piazza is doing another tactical switch! You just have to love the guy, don't you? :D He can be very unorthodox when he has players missing. I though it was a broadcasting mistake when they announed the roster in the beginning, but they are really playing with a single MB. Right now, Skra are playing similarly to Cuneo's 1-MB rotation used at the CL Final Four in Omsk. However, there are differences. Teppan is not forced to attack always in the middles, so far I have only see one rotation where he does it. Ebadipour is the actual opposite to Klos, the sole MB tonight in the starting line-up. When Ebadipour is in front, Teppan approached for a pipe, leaving Olczyk jut for cover next to the libero. Skra's block obviously suffers in these 1-2 rotations, yet Klos has been doing well from the service line to keep Berlin's reception busy. Berlin can't even exploit this deficiency properly, they rarely play in the middle when they receive well!

I wish I had a better-quality stream! I couldn't follow all rotations thanks to interruptions, too. I will try and watch the match again, Piazza's tactics seem weird but also interesting from a neutral perspective. And no wonder they might work against this shaky Berlin side.

By the way, why the need for such a delicacy? Where are Szalpuk and Kochanowski? Wlazly has also not played in a while... David Fiel is fit and entered the court for a poin but it seems all kinds of rotations will be preferred to fielding a healthy second MB...

• So, Teppan stays and approaches in the middle when he is in 2 and 3. When he is in 4, Klos is already back front. There is one additional rotation when Ebadipour is the one approaching in the middle but he hasn't, logically, been used as an attack option there. Katic is the guy with most time out of court during defense.

Skra has just won set 2 and based on the tactical experiment by Piazza, they deserve to advance further just because of that :D In pure volleyball terms that is, of course. Szalpuk entered the field briefly in the second set.

• Attention, attention, tactics freaks! Roberto Piazza is doing another tactical switch! You just have to love the guy, don't you? :D He can be very unorthodox when he has players missing. I though it was a broadcasting mistake when they announed the roster in the beginning, but they are really playing with a single MB. Right now, Skra are playing similarly to Cuneo's 1-MB rotation used at the CL Final Four in Omsk. However, there are differences. Teppan is not forced to attack always in the middles, so far I have only see one rotation where he does it. Ebadipour is the actual opposite to Klos, the sole MB tonight in the starting line-up. When Ebadipour is in front, Teppan approached for a pipe, leaving Olczyk jut for cover next to the libero. Skra's block obviously suffers in these 1-2 rotations, yet Klos has been doing well from the service line to keep Berlin's reception busy. Berlin can't even exploit this deficiency properly, they rarely play in the middle when they receive well!

When Ebadipour and Teppan are both at the front court, they have different arrangements for attacking. If one doesn't work, then they can change.