CEV Champions League 2019

• So all roads lead to Berlin for Zenit.. now I can only imagine what a Kazan x Lube finals will look like after the drama that happened at CWCH :rolll:

• I still can't believe we let Russell go for Lanza.:lol: Zaytsev is impossible given that all transpired but letting the american leave really made the domestic and the champions league much more balanced than it should've been.:teach:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Lube can beat everyone else but Perugia.

So all roads lead to Berlin for Zenit.. now I can only imagine what a Kazan x Lube finals will look like after the drama that happened at CWCH :rolll:

Lube can beat everyone else but Perugia so the nightmare is gone. There's definitely improvement for both teams after the CWCH but Zenit Kazan have the mentality and the talent to win. Lube I'm not sure but potentially they have all the requirements to destroy every team (if they don't choke). :teach:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Why would you set Atanasijevic at a such crucial time? He's known for his unreliableness:S

Only watch the second set onwards but both teams played it quite simple.

The difference that should've been there for Perugia is the attacks from the pipe. The taller block from Zenit Kazan is an obvious problem that needed a solution and the lack of it although De Cecco set his players very well in terms of discipline (percentage versus distribution) but a little freedom could've change the flow of the game.

#FreeBritney

• While me and other several users in this forum are busy watching Novara-Vakif, Lube won 3-0 and reached Zenit in the final. I just saw the score, nothing more :saint:

• I have been watching the men's. It was a dominant display by Lube. Won first two sets then brought substitutes in at different points to finish the match. Will be a repeat of last year's final. Should be a good final. Lube are playing much better now than at the beginning

While me and other several users in this forum are busy watching Novara-Vakif, Lube won 3-0 and reached Zenit in the final. I just saw the score, nothing more :saint:

• Kovar is looking strong but it's still against Skra's second team.

His performance is key to Lube if Leal reverts to his pre-second half form or if Juantorena gives another stinker in a finale.:gone:

#FreeBritney

• It's a modena escapee showdown. Stoychev must be a proud daddy. :gone:

#FreeBritney

• Kovar is looking strong but it's still against Skra's second team.

His performance is key to Lube if Leal reverts to his pre-second half form or if Juantorena gives another stinker in a finale.:gone:

Kovar played really well. Leal seems to be more confident and has been very steady. However Kazan function at a much higher leveI.

Personally I think in the final the person who is going to determine lot for Lube is actually Balaso. He will need to be at his passing and defending best because Kazan will target him and both outsides. His reception in particular can be very shaky and this will make a difference.

• Kovar played really well. Leal seems to be more confident and has been very steady. However Kazan function at a much higher leveI.

Personally I think in the final the person who is going to determine lot for Lube is actually Balaso. He will need to be at his passing and defending best because Kazan will target him and both outsides. His reception in particular can be very shaky and this will make a differencealso .

Emergency setting too.

Lube's transition is poor to average but if he could help Bruno in chasing balls then it can improve Bruno's decision making by not tiring him out. Lube and Zenit can quite possibly become a long and draining final as their match-up history suggests.

#FreeBritney

• DeCecco was the biggest issue for Perugia. He made some bad decisions on crucial points. Leon's little finger injury affected his serve and attack too.

Both Anderson and NG played great in these two semi matches. Perugia's block did not work effectively on Anderson and NG like Russia league did.

• You gotta give credit where credit is due! I was away and couldn't watch anything yesterday, yet Juantorena's numbers against Skra are insane! 12 points, 11 serves (no aces but no errors either), 7 perfect receptions, and 92% attack efficiency! I like to post such numbers because they don't come often. Although far from his prime, the guy is still a great player.

It's high time Lube won something! Whether the Italian League in a re-match against Perugia or now the Champions League in a re-match against Zenit, these lads shouldn't leave empty-handed this time around. You can't just waste so many chances... Berlin is still a month away and they both have domestic play-offs scheduled until then, but exactly because of results in recent years Lube's chances against the Russians will probably be determined on how confidently they finish the season in Italy.

• Berlin is still a month away and they both have domestic play-offs scheduled until then, but exactly because of results in recent years Lube's chances against the Russians will probably be determined on how confidently they finish the season in Italy.

So there you go, a month later we know how the situation looks like. 3 days before Berlin, Lube will arrive in a great mood and with a significantly better morale, whereas Zenit will have had more rest but also more to contemplate on. I am writing this also as a reminder, the final is set at 19 CET on Saturday. The newly created CEV TV won't air in Italy and Poland, as far as I read, and Eurosport got the rights for the men's final in some parts of Europe.

• So there you go, a month later we know how the situation looks like. 3 days before Berlin, Lube will arrive in a great mood and with a significantly better morale, whereas Zenit will have had more rest but also more to contemplate on.

What if they are too hungover