Russia - Superliga 2018/2019

• Any news about Cleger, Podskalnaya and Kadochkina? They were all missing today. Can someone suggest a good russian site to find this sort of news?
    I am ready Sportbusiness Gazeta but is more focused on men and championat.com is very short about volley. Any other suggestion?

• Any news about Cleger, Podskalnaya and Kadochkina? They were all missing today. Can someone suggest a good russian site to find this sort of news?
    I am ready Sportbusiness Gazeta but is more focused on men and championat.com is very short about volley. Any other suggestion?

On Lokomotiv Kaliningrad website

http://www.vc-lokomotiv.com/ne…-krasnodare---posleslovie

I read comment of Ekaterina Orlova, that they have some minor injuries (includes obviously Cuban Ana Cleger), but they were concentrated in Krasnodar and the hosts were not playing as well as mostly in this season, so they won even without Cleger. I used deepl.com for translating from Russia to German respectively (preferably, it is better) English, which works well enough to fully understand the statements.

• I agree that the league is not top but interesting. Except Moscow no team is playing well the last few weeks.

- Uralochka lost to Enisey and had a poor game against Sakhalin. Garelik lost her form from the beginning of the season and they don't have a useful sub.

- Krasnodar is also struggling a bit after a good start of the season. They won their last matches mainly because the opponents made a lot mistakes. Sperskayte was not receiving well and the substitutes are mostly juniors and not reliable yet.

- Kazan is a disappointing. I was hoping that they would get better with more games but the opposite seems to be the case. No OH's is really reliable. Kadochkina is probably the best attacker and Bavykina the best receiver but none of the OH's seems to be able to play consistently at a good level.

- Minsk had a promising start, but the biggest disappointment so far. They need a second setter since they seem too predictable. Grishkevich is hardly playing since her injury and promising before.

- Lokomotiv is doing as good as expected. The reception highly depends on Kryuchkova. Zivkovic is doing well and they have good attacking options. Second libero Gorbacheva had problems when she had to take over for Galkina.

Hardly any club has good substitutes even Moscow has hardly any options. I think this is worse than in the previous years. I think the financial situation got worse or stayed bad for most of the teams (excluding Lokomotiv). The good thing is that we see a lot of young players.

Most interesting match of the day is Minchanka - Lokomotiv. Let's hope Minsk can up their game (and Grishkevich is playing). They might win a set or two depending on who is playing for Lokomotiv.

• Kazan won barely in Krasnodar in tie-break, so the expectation of a more balanced match was not wrong. Moscow won the top duel in Kaliningrad against those newscomers in three sets and took in the last moment of the first half of the league round the lead away of them.

• Ognjenović hasn't played so far this year either, hasn't even been in the roster for any of the matches. It looks like she was in Serbia around Orthodox Christmas, so maybe she's been given some time off, but it's a bit weird. :/

Also, Cleger is out.

• However, the most important results yesterday was the victory of Kaliningrad vs. Kazan in tie-break, which helped them to cement place two in the table now, and Krasnodars clear loss in three sets at home against Ekaterinburg. This lead to some changes, because Uralochka is now third and Kazan dropped to 4 and Krasnodar to 6. On Saturday Kazan hosts favourite and leader Moscow.

• Krasnoyarsk won today already in three sets at home against Krasnodar and increased their lead against their contenders this way (5. and 6. in the table).

• Kadochkina almost secures the starting spot :heart:

I'm not surprised she would be a part of 2019 VNL rosters.

• Kadochkina almost secures the starting spot :heart:

I'm not surprised she would be a part of 2019 VNL rosters.

She was Kazan´s best scorer today with 17 pts; Bavykina and Koroleva followed next to her with 16 and 14 resp. Goncharova had 23 pts for Moscow.

With regard to VNL, I must say it would be a rather unpleasing surprise for me in case she doesnt emerge somewhere in the roster. I´d still rate Ilchenko before her, and probably Voronkova as well, but apart from them I am not sure of who I would bring, for the moment at least, instead of her (apart from Kosheleva, that is, if she wants to be there).

• In an interview Kadochkina said that she will participate in WC U18 and WC U20.

Parubets, Voronkova, Kosheleva and Kadochkina should be in Tokyo 2020.

• And Lokomotiv Kalingrad capitalized on their chance to take the lead: after winning the first two sets in Ekaterinburg by the smallest possible margin, they closed them out already in third and grabbed the lead from Moscow, which lost yesterday. - This reminds a lot to the men's superleague last season: a newly founded team coming from nowhere with pretty enough money and a fairly good roster immediately shot to the two top places of the league (last season men's team was Zenit St. Petersburg, this season women's team is Lokomotiv Kaliningrad doing nearly the same thing).