Russia - Superliga 2018/2019

• Kazan lost a set against trailing Proton Saratov and currently Krasnodar is struggling a lot in Chelyabinsk (looks like 2:1 now for the hosts).

Proton made 39 errors (Kazan had 19) in this match, so about 10 errors/set. They gave away over 1.5 set alone through their own misstakes.

• Ana Cleger had 27/40 in attack today vs Leningrad; 68% hit rate. Prime-Boskovic kind of efficiency!

I am really really glad seeing Cleger doing so good. I've always been a fan of hers, even in 2010 when she wasn't even a starter for Cuba. After last season's great F4 semifinal, I've had high expectations seeing her in some top team. Looks like Lokomotiv built a strong team, and I hope the manage to win some trophies this season

• Moscow won in three sets against Proton as expected, at least aside from first and third one (-12,-14), Saratov resisted in second noticeably (-23), maybe Moscow took that one easier (with backup players)?

• Watching Uralochka-Yenisey I wonder if Russian players consider it indecent to tip the ball. They always hit hard, which leads to countless block points for both teams, and there are lots of attack errors too.

Ilchenko is playing the worst match I've possibly ever seen of her, but Uralochka doesn't seem to have a substitute for her.

• Watching Uralochka-Yenisey I wonder if Russian players consider it indecent to tip the ball. They always hit hard, which leads to countless block points for both teams, and there are lots of attack errors too.

Ilchenko is playing the worst match I've possibly ever seen of her, but Uralochka doesn't seem to have a substitute for her.

Uralochka is doing almost 2 players reception by Parubets & Podkopaeva because Garelik isn't a good receiver.

This system heavily affects to Parubets's attacking IMHO.

Watching Krasnodar- Leningradka, left-handed opposite Mariya Khaletskaya playing really well :cheesy::cheesy:

If she keeps this, she deserves NT spot instead of Malygina.

• At least we see some teams playing hopefully well - newbies Lokomotiv Kaliningrad are doing an outstanding job and that two times winner of both CEV Cup and Russian Cup Dynamo Krasnodar has hardly avoided going down to Vishaya league two years ago, is now playing much better with many new, often self-educated players again. It is the worst season so far for Kazan for many years indeed; but at least this league is interesting now, because it is no more so eays to predict or ruled by long-term rivals like it was until last season (Moscow and Kazan).

• After 8 of the 11 match days of the first half of the league round, year-end state, we have the following order of teams (only points listed):

1. Kaliningrad 21

2. Moscow 20

3. Krasnodar 20 (just two sets more lost than Moscow, and there was one formal 3:0 defeat attributed for not arriving on the road (more appropriate: on the flight) to Sakhalin in time)

4. Kazan 17

5. Ekaterinburg 15

6. Krasnoyarsk 12

7. Sakhalin 11

8. St.Petersburg 9

9. Odintsovo 8

10.Minsk 8 (one win less than Odintsovo)

11. Chelyabinsk 2

12. Saratov 1 (very bad season so far, after reconstruction of the team in different conditions their level dropped a lot, were usually 6. to 7. place in the last seasons)

• After first set each: Leningradka won this against Kazan 25:14 :white:and favourite Kaliningrad won first one in Krasnodar 18:25 (the betting quotes are not that one-sided, because Krasnodar played a pretty good season so far).

• The first three matches of the day went without surprises: Ekaterinburg needed four sets in the far east against Juchno Sakhalinsk, but Moscow won easily in Chelyabinsk as Krasnoyarsk did also against trailing Proton Saratov in three each.

• Kaliningrad is dominating against Karsnodar. They just won 3-0, every player gave a positive contribute.

One question: where are Cleger and Podskalnaya? Are they injured?