Russia - Superliga 2018/2019

• It was a little weird match - Ekaterinburg proved superiour in first two sets (-11,-7) against Juchno Sakhalinsk, than they relaxed a bit and won the third set 28:26. Anyway, everything went as expected in the end.

• Kadochkina is number 3 in hitting efficiency, I wonder if this is mainly playing as OPP or OH.. I think Russia has found their new rising star, she is still young I hope she gets to play as OH in NT, but seems like Kazan in making her into their next big opposite good news for Russian NT

• Kadochkina is number 3 in hitting efficiency, I wonder if this is mainly playing as OPP or OH.. I think Russia has found their new rising star, she is still young I hope she gets to play as OH in NT, but seems like Kazan in making her into their next big opposite good news for Russian NT

Primary as an OH.

Her father, Alexey Kadochkin, played as a spiker in the Russian SL not all too long ago, relatively speaking considering he is her father, and represented Prikamie Perm during the 06/07-season for example.

• Primary as an OH.

Her father, Alexey Kadochkin, played as a spiker in the Russian SL not all too long ago, relatively speaking considering he is her father, and represented Prikamie Perm during the 06/07-season for example.

Didn't know she came from a volleyball family. If her development with the NT goes well and avoid any major injuries, she could be the next big thing to come out of Russia, somewhat similar to how Boskovic started out playing at a high level and at a really young age.. She is 15 now imagine what a few years can add to her game.

• Two more rounds before the playoffs. Moscow and Kanliningrad have both 18 wins and will play each other in the last round in Moscow. Kazan has one less victory but should win the last two matches (Chelyabinsk and Krasnodar). So it should be Moscow 20, Kaliningrad & Kazan 19. Uralochka fourth with 16 and will probably play Krasnodar. Sixth place is between Enisey and Zarechye. Place 8 is still open with Sakhalin (7), Leningradka (6) and Minchanka (6) as contenders. Minchanka should end up with 7 wins (have to play in Kaliningrad this weekend and welcome Proton in the last round). Sakhalin has to play both games away against Enisey and Zarechye. Leningradka has two home games against Uralochka and Enisey. It really depends on wether some opponets are using substitutes are trying some things or going for the win. Could well be that we have 3 teams with 7 wins.

• Slađana Erić has been cleared, she's now allowed to enter Russia again and is already back in Saratov joining Proton again.

Good for her, I guess? =O Although she says she's not blaming the entire club and that most of the staff has been very fair and supportive of her, what happened was apparently a mistake of one single person.

• Didn't know she came from a volleyball family. If her development with the NT goes well and avoid any major injuries, she could be the next big thing to come out of Russia, somewhat similar to how Boskovic started out playing at a high level and at a really young age.. She is 15 now imagine what a few years can add to her game.

There are often many members in the same family playing volleyball, so this is not really a surprise, by the way.

• Both Maja and Bojana are having to perform miracles to save many of these passes.

• Today the preliminary stage of Russian superleague has finished...

And the quarter-finals are...

Dinamo Moscow (1) vs (8) Leningradka

Lokomotiv Kaliningrado (2) vs (7) Yenisei Krasnoyarsk

Dinamo Kazan (3) vs (6) Dynamo Krasnodar

Uralochka-NTMK (4) vs (5) Zarechye-Odintsovo

Statistics:

Best Scorer: Ksenia Parubets (Uralochka)

Best Spiker: Ana Cleger (Lokomotiv)

Best Blocker: Irina Fetisova (Moscow)

Best Receiver: Ksenia Parubets (Uralochka)

Best Server: Tatiana Romanova (Uralochka)

The winner of two matches will qualify for the semifinals...

March 30th: First game

April 6th: Second game

April 9th: Third game (if it's necessary)

About the 9-12 place, they will play two rounds...

The first one will take place in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk and the second one in Minsk (Belarus)... After this, the worst team will play some games against the first one of the SuperLeague "A" (second division) and the best team will be in the next edition...

• Uralochka - Zarechye is today, the other playoff games tomorrow. The favorites shouldn't have any problems in the QF's (no third games unless Uralochka messes up).

The placement games start April 10th. Any information wether Minchanka is going to stay in the Superliga? Is there a team in the second division that is interested (and financially capable) to play in the Superliga? Vladivostok could win the second league...

Proton or Dinamo Metar will end up last place.

Statistics:

Best Scorer: Parubets played 13 sets more than Goncharova/Kleger. Goncharova made 6.21 Points per set, Kleger 5.44, Parubets 5.22

Best Server: Melnikova and Havelkova were the best servers unless I read the statistic wrong http://www.volleyservice.ru/in…ic&act=main_stat&gender=f

Best Spiker: Kleger 51 %, Goncharova 49 % (with more attacks and less total errors); Kadochkina (had her 16th birthday last week) who played on OPP and OH position 48 %

Best receiver: Kutyukova, Frolova and Rusakova also at the top; Pilipenko (Chelyabinsk) and Kurnosova (Zarechye) best receiving stats for liberos

• Vladivostok? This is about as far away as Juchno Sakhalinsk team... would trigger a lot more long flights for the other teams.

• It's possible that there would be a new team from St.Petersburg in the league next season, an ambitious project like Lokomotiv Kaliningrad. I guess it could also be a new destination for Havelkova, as she's leaving Moscow.

Also, from next season on, players from Belarus will not be counted as foreigners.

• It's possible that there would be a new team from St.Petersburg in the league next season, an ambitious project like Lokomotiv Kaliningrad. I guess it could also be a new destination for Havelkova, as she's leaving Moscow.

Also, from next season on, players from Belarus will not be counted as foreigners.

If true they have to allow more foreign players. There are just not enough good russian players imho.

• No surprises in the play-offs so far as the top 4 all advanced to the semi finals.

It looks like Goncharova didn't play today, does anyone know if she is injured or just resting? Lazareva played a good game as OPP anyway.

• Semis start on Saturday. Second game Wednesday.

Moscow shouldn't have any trouble with Uralochka. A third match would be a big surprise even though Uralochka won this season 3:0 at home (it was in November...).

Lokomotiv-Kazan will be very interesting. Lokomotiv won both encounters but the last one was January 11th. First and possible third game is in Kaliningrad, but this might not be an advantage since Lokomotiv lost two sets at home against Enisey. Lokomotiv has to play better than in the QF if the want to make it to the final.