Russia - Superliga 2018/2019

• And Kazan lost badly in three sets at home against Ekaterinburg, CL ticket in serious threat...

Uralochka is no pushover, Moscow was almost on the verge of not playing in the FInals. But I still want Kazan to win the series as they take CL more seriously than Ekaterinburg :whistle:

• Uralochka played another great match. They are really stepping it up in the playoffs. You can't do much better than Parubets did yesterday.

She played with Malova in a two-player reception most of the match (after Garelik made some mistakes in the first) and was flawless.

Kazan was again disappointing. Poor serving, no working strategy the first two sets (Startseva not with good decisions), troubles in reception. They played pretty decent in the third with Malygina as OPP and Kadochkina moving to OH (Bavykina with bad reception and worse attacking) but Kotikova with some crucial mistakes at the end of the set. Instead of Pasykova and Mykiskova they had some players in the team I've never seen (probably from junior team).

I hope Kazan has a strategy today and will still get the 3rd place. They have a strong team if the add a good foreign OH next season.

• So, Moscow won again, despite very close match today (tie-break) and is rather to close to defend the title. Kazan much better than in first match leveled the Bronze medel/CL ticket series with a clear win this time.

• Moscow won't lose the series. Had no problem in tie-break and only need one more win.

Far from a clear win for Kazan. Tight first set, clear second set for Uralochka and the led 17:7 in the third. Looked like they would win the game but they surprisingly collapsed. Kazan won 8 points in row on Startseva's serve and won the game. Parubets and Malova were not able to match the amazing reception stats from the first game. Kazan served better and the decision to play with Malygina worked out well too (20 points, 6 on block, 44 %).

• Moscow wins the match and the series 3x0 :cup:

I feel bad for Voronkova because she played very well but Cleger was just not up to the challenge in this series.

• It is a bit weird, considering she started her career in the youth team of Dinamo Moscow. But like Maja Ognjenović says "the Russians in Dinamo Moscow have all been there for 100 years, they're not going anywhere and they're not bringing in anyone new!", so I guess it's hard to get a chance there.

And now her father is the coach of Lokomotiv, so she'll probably stay there for a while.

• Goncharova got 23 pts (53%) and it means Voronkova was the best of match with 25 pts (56%). Fetisova 11 pts (4block), Havelkova 9 pts, Scherban 7 pts and Cleger 6 pts. Big frustration, I expected Cleger's support to Voronkova. She was the best one during whole season but in final game she reminded us she is typical Cuban player, didn't show determination she seemed as if she accepted silver medals.

I think playing a final is different. We saw it with Vargas as well.

• I expect such determination and performance by Kadochkina. I'd like Pankov properly adapt her main team too, maybe this year she won't have a chance to take Parubets, Goncharova or Voronkovas' spot but eventually she will take it lol, she has such potential, I mean next year for OG she can do amazing job although she is too young.

First let her cure her shoulder. With full recovery.

She's only 16 and she would be the key player for the NT for many years. Would be.

• Russian season is almost over (playout between Proton and Nizhni Novgorod starts this weekend, Uralochka should win third place today). Ranking is:

1. Moscow

2. Kaliningrad

3. Ekaterinburg

4. Kazan

5. Krasnoyarsk

6. Odintsovo

7. Krasnodar/Saint Petersburg

9. Sakhalin

10. Minsk

11. Chelyabinsk

12. Saratov

• I need to ask :lol:

So Kazan is officialy 4th, they will not play CL ?

Russian league is so uninteresting to me, but now I need to follow :gone:

• They are losing 2:1 in the series, the fourth game is played today. If they lose, they will be fourth and will not play CL

My God :aww: