CEV Cup 2019

• Buston won second set easily 25:17.

• in set 2 Busto showed their quality and won easily, still nice unexpected fight throughout this 2 matches from Dresdner. Busto has a lot to work on, they're lucky their Turkish opponnent in this tournament is shaky as well.

• What I like about German clubs they don't looks like amateurs, they have stabile reception and everythings looks okey with their game. They only don't have world class players to reach something bigger....

Busto is super young team and Mejiners can help them, She has a lot of experiences and She was (is?) great player.

• Busto managed to prevail in the end, but Dresdner gave a hard fight. Maybe in the last two sets Busto played better and controlled the game. I always like Gennari, she is so concrete, both in front and in the back row.

• Don't forget, that Busto Arsizio has about double the budget of Dresden - this is no comparison on equal height, the strong A1 also improves those teams because of the general high level. When Kaja Grobelna left some years ago (2016) Stuttgart and changed to (Budowlani) Lodz, she increased her salary already above German means, and now in Busto Arsizio (today top scorer with 18 points) even more - no team in Germany can anymore afford financially to hire players like Grobelna again. While I'm happy for Busto and Kaja to win, this proves fatal for VBL/German League teams, because they will earn nearly no points for the combined CEV Cup + Challenge Cup ranking this season - Dresden out in first round and Aachen in Challenge Cup without a chance to proceed further than quarters because of Monza... core reason is again, that Italian clubs did so little in European Cups below CL the last years, and this time Dresden and VBL paid the prize for it by this bad draw with expected outcome.

• So Saint Raphael played last night like nothing happened, naturally winning 3-0 and progressing further. :roll:

If the CEV lets this one slide like that, I don't see what's going to stop stronger teams from sending only 7-8 players to away matches in these early rounds and cut the travel costs.

• So Saint Raphael played last night like nothing happened, naturally winning 3-0 and progressing further. :roll:

If the CEV lets this one slide like that, I don't see what's going to stop stronger teams from sending only 7-8 players to away matches in these early rounds and cut the travel costs.

Everyday CEV breaks another record of ridiculousness!😱 I'm ashamed of the fact that CEV is the federation of my favorite sport😒

• Tomorrow first two home matches will take place - the French teams are the favourites, especially ASPTT MULHOUSE against Fatum NYÍREGYHÁZA (vice champions from Hungary), despite Hungarian clubs, especially the first three in current table (the others are Vasas BUDAPEST and Swietelsky BEKESCSABA) in Hungary are not that bad anymore.

• Both teams from France won 3-1.

Before some weeks Beziers beat Maritza, Cannes beat Minsk and Volero beat Olympiakos. Very good year for french clubs. Also Beziers and Saint Raphael are not in the top 6 teams in their league so far.

• Galatasaray again not with an easy match it seems, anyone knows about Yenisey Krasnoyarsk's real strength? They have beaten Kazan 3-1 in Russian Cup is what I notice. GS is still not perfected their game and struggle vs Turkish bottom 4 teams sometimes, who knows what might happen.

• Galatasaray again not with an easy match it seems, anyone knows about Yenisey Krasnoyarsk's real strength? They have beaten Kazan 3-1 in Russian Cup is what I notice. GS is still not perfected their game and struggle vs Turkish bottom 4 teams sometimes, who knows what might happen.

It's really hard to guess, what will happen, when Galatasaray from warm Istanbul meets Krasnoyarsk from very cold Eastern Siberia - both teams are not very constant in their level, so let's see, what will happen.

Krasnoyarsk is not very good, but should not be underestimated. They have a standout winger in Margarita Kurilo, who´s got a revival as a player since her arrival in Enisey, as well as a decent and very tall OPP in the pretty young ukrainian Kraiduba, which is too inconsistent for my taste and a liability in the defense. Besides, their libero is the ex-Russian NT starter Kryuchkova and both of their MBs are, although not vastly decorated and a bit under-sized, solid. This team is all-in-all just the epitome of something extraordinary ordinary. Certainly not bad, but nothing special either. I´d rate them lower than Galatasaray in terms of absolute capacity but higher in relation to stability as a factor. Enisey is like a machine, predictibable in terms of performance, you know what you get from them. Given the fact Enisey has the advantage of playing in a compact "Soviet-style" hall in Siberia during the cold winter, with massive time zone-difference for the turkish side on top of that, Galatasaray could be forced into deeper waters than under more neutral circumstances. Last year Enisey defeated Moscow 3-0 and snatched a set from Eczacibasi while playing at home in Sibiria. I think Enisey is one of the teams in Russia with best crowd support at home, especially in CEV tournaments its noticable.

• Yenisey beat Galatasaray 3-2 (20-25, 25-22, 19-25, 25-23, 15-11)

Proving the GS inconsistency even further. Well done to Krasnoyarsk, at the same time I can imagine GS will play a lot better in Istanbul then in Siberia. 2nd match will be even more interesting!

• CSM Volei Alba BLAJ - VK PROSTEJOV

Yenisei KRASNOYARSK - Galatasaray ISTANBUL

Stiinta BACAU - SLIEDRECHT Sport

Asterix Avo BEVEREN - VK UP OLOMOUC

Sm' AESCH Pfeffingen - Swietelsky BÉKÉSCSABA

ZOK Bimal-Jedinstvo BRČKO - SAINT RAPHAËL Var VB

UVC Holding GRAZ - Yamamay e-work BUSTO ARSIZIO

ASPTT MULHOUSE VB - Fatum NYÍREGYHÁZA

• From the first quarter Galata is the favourite but Yenisai and Alba are strong teams.

In the second quarter i think that they are in the same level.

In the third the team from Bosnia seems the most weak and in the last one Busto is the favorite. I dont know if Mulhouse can cause problems.

• As expected the match between Alba Blaj and Prostejov had no interest. In the middles of all the sets Alba had a big difference 16-8,16-6,16-7

• From the first quarter Galata is the favourite but Yenisai and Alba are strong teams.

In the second quarter i think that they are in the same level.

In the third the team from Bosnia seems the most weak and in the last one Busto is the favorite. I dont know if Mulhouse can cause problems.

Mulhouse is pretty good, one of the favourites (and currently on top in French league not for nothing) for French Championship, but they are not strong enough to defeat Busto Arsizio I think.