CEV Cup 2019

• Tomorrow CEV Cup continues:Galatasaray is clearly favourite against Krasnoyarsk IMHO, depite the latter won the first match in Siberia in tie-break. Gala should win in three or four sets or tie-break and the Golden Set, I guess.

• I just noticed that laola1 doesn't have live streams of CEV Cup/Challenge Cup anymore. All of the CEV Cups are moved to Eurovolley TV. However, only very few matches will be broadcasted.

Yes, it is required by CEV only for semis and finals to air CEV cup matches.

• Does Martina Samadan can play for Busto after She was in roster for Conegliano in CL ?

• Samadan is not yet listed on CEV site with Busto Arsizio roster, but this is likely just a matter of time. Especially because Graz is a joke and not a real opponent, this doesn't matter in the current stage.

• She can. It is the same case as last year with Balkestein. She couldn't play in the same competition but in CEV Cup she can.

I'm not so sure about it. Maybe Balkestein was an exception because she never actually played for Chemik, but AFAIK if a player played in any European Cup for one team, she can't play in any other competition for any other team. I might be wrong though, but as Stefan said Samadan isn't registered (yet?) for Busto.

• Galatasaray with a safe four set win against Krasnoyarsk in Istanbul proceeds to the quarters as one of the few remaining favourites (the others are Busto Arsizio in the other half, and Alba Blaj in the same, which withwashed Prostejov).

• Now the quarters are determined, most remarkable were IMHO today Olomouc defeating Asterix (four set win) and Switelsky BEKESCSABA defeating Sm'aesh Pfeffingen (also in four sets):

1. Galatasaray ISTANBUL vs. Alba BLAJ (ROM; the latter have the advantage of return match at home, in CL semis last season Alba Blaj stunned Galatasaray)

2. Stiinta BACAU (ROM) vs. OLOMOUC (TCH), really hard to guess the outcome

3. Swietelsky BEKESCSABA (HUN) vs. St. RAPHAEL (FRA), I think the latter are slightly favoured

4. Yamamay Unet BUSTO ARSIZIO vs. ASPTT MULHOUSE, while Busto is the clear-cut favourite, after Dresden in first round this is only the second time a not too easy opponent

In the finals should be the winner of Gala vs. Alba and Busto Arsizio. I still think, that the Italian champions from 2012 have the biggest chance to win the competition and they won this competition already two times, by the way.

• The CEV confirmed now officially, that Martina Samadan is not eliglible to play for Busto Arsizio in this competition, because she was in this season already member of Conegliano playing CL. That is a slight disadvantage for Busto of course, because Samadan proved already to be way better than Roberta Berti and Alexandra Botezat. I still guess, that Busto will win the third title in this competition.

• what are your thoughts on Galatasaray - Alba Blaj match ?

Blaj has a good roster so it will be a tough match for Gala..particularly the return match

how are they doing in the Romanian league ? are their serves good enough ?

i guess Gala can win in a way today but i dont know what happens in the return match maybe they should push for a 2-3 loss or 3-2 win or a golden set ?

if Blaj is a good serving team then anything can happen

Meryem Boz and Leys should play a good match for sure..its a dilemma how Ataman will use Hande ? with Meryem or without her as OPP ?

i like Cansu Çetin recently..her serves are good too

im also worried about Gala's setters..i could prefer Nursevil..i hope she can use MBs bcz the most working offensive part of Gala is MBs particularly Jackson

• Alba Blaj is a good team, currently leading the fairly good Romanian league, and this match is fairly open IMHO, with only slight advantage for Galatasaray. The return match may decide even in Golden Set the outcome...

• Alba Blaj is a good team, currently leading the fairly good Romanian league, and this match is fairly open IMHO, with only slight advantage for Galatasaray. The return match may decide even in Golden Set the outcome...

thanks for the answer..i agree with you. what about Blaj's serve ?

if im not mistaken Galatasaray has played two finals at this cup against Yamamay and lost both of them..if they can pass Alba Blaj then can face Yamamay third time lol

edit : or one of the meets of Gala-Yama was in CEV CL ? :/

• I'm watching GS vs Alba Blaj. It feels like it can be a good match. GS setters are really bad, I notice that more every day

• I'm watching GS vs Alba Blaj. It feels like it can be a good match. GS setters are really bad, I notice that more every day

I don't agree. Nursevil did a very good job in such a short time. I agree that Cagla is really bad though. I don't know why Ataman insists on her.

• I don't agree. Nursevil did a very good job in such a short time. I agree that Cagla is really bad though. I don't know why Ataman insists on her.

I would like Nursevil maybe if she was a starter but her sets are really inconsistent as well, it could indeed be because she can't get her rythm as she always has to think about being benched again while entering. I don't see the point of playing with Çagla at all at this point but since Ataman will insist untill end of season I'm affraid Nursevil will never be completely in form also. Other then that Nursevil is more useful in other aspects anyways like blocking and serving so I truly don't get why Çagla is being insisted on.

• btw GS is playing pretty well so far aside from the setter thing, Alba Blaj is nr 1 in Romania and not a bad team at all. I wouldn't have been surprised if they'd eliminate GS f.e. they are above Bucuresti from CL in the ranking for now

• That last set of Nursevil to Leys! Cagla did not give such a set since the beginning of the season. Ataman should open his eyes, with Nursevil the score would not be even this close.

• That last set of Nursevil to Leys! Cagla did not give such a set since the beginning of the season. Ataman should open his eyes, with Nursevil the score would not be even this close.

But Çagla is back in :aww: I find her sets so annoying. The players all have to completely adjust their bodies to spike. Nursevil's set was :super: