2019 Challenge Cup

• wow Congrats Aydin! Nice to see a non-Istanbul team from Turkey get success over an Istanbul one for once... Aegean sea power :box::lol: I want to see more Aegean and Anatolian teams reach sucess!

Though I have to be honest, I would think BJK had better chance vs Monza then Aydin, hopefully Im wrong...

• wow Congrats Aydin! Nice to see a non-Istanbul team from Turkey get success over an Istanbul one for once... Aegean sea power :box::lol: I want to see more Aegean and Anatolian teams reach sucess!

Though I have to be honest, I would think BJK had better chance vs Monza then Aydin, hopefully Im wrong...

AthSanCreIst.jpg

Santorini is very close to Aydin and maybe they will face each other in quarterfinals. Also aegean airlines is the sponsor of the greek team.

• AYDIN BBSK - Hermes OOSTENDE

AO THIRAS - Pölkky KUUSAMO

GEN-I Volley NOVA GORICA - Vasas Obuda BUDAPEST

Vitéos NEUCHATEL Université - Kanti SCHAFFHAUSEN

Vero Volley MONZA - VDK Bank GENT

Calcit Volley KAMNIK - Ladies in Black AACHEN

Beroe STARA ZAGORA - Volero LE CANNET

Hapoel KFAR SABA - Dukla LIBEREC

• Aydın surprised me..i thought Beşiktaş wouldnt give up after winning the first match..

i forgot Volero ..they are a pretty good team for this cup

apparently,Monza,Volero ..i dont know what to expect from Aydın..if they manage to set up an integrated game till the expected time then they can have a chance against these teams..

speaking individually, OPP Gaila Lopez should burden some of Brayelin's load..she's been inefficient at the crucial matches so far ( i dont mean Brayelin has been great though) ..OHs Desislava or Ecem arent great attackers so they need to do better at the other parts of the game : passing ,defending,serving etc..

btw...will Monza and Volero face each other at semis or new draw ?

• There is just one draw in the beginning in this competition, you know since then, which strongest teams one team will meet when... so Monza and Volero will clash at semis, if they go so far.

• ok.thanks..i thought it could have been changed by the format's being changed

so Monza - Aydın final is likely to occur at first sight

Could Volero eliminate Monza ?

What I have seen at WCWCh doesn't suggest, that Volero is strong enough to kick Monza out - but they may improve and were missing their Cuban Opposites at last.

• What I have seen at WCWCh doesn't suggest, that Volero is strong enough to kick Monza out - but they may improve and were missing their Cuban Opposites at last.

they had very ups and downs...they were good at first set against Vakıf..they lost 3-2 to Minas..if they could play that game then they have chance..Monza isnt a superb team in the end

• With Bujis back I don’t believe that any team in this competition can beat them. Even without her. They have some great players in their team...

This would be total fail for them as club, but this is volleyball everything can happend...

• Aydin BBSK is kind of hard-to-calculate contender and IMHO favourite at least in the upper half of the competition now, after eliminating Turkish compatriots of Besiktas.

• With Bujis back I don’t believe that any team in this competition can beat them. Even without her. They have some great players in their team...

This would be total fail for them as club, but this is volleyball everything can happend...

which great players do you mean ? they are good players but "great" ? i couldnt be that sure..i checked their roster and they have a bunch of "good" players.. i mean they have "more good player" than Aydın (a better bench).. i dont think their OHs are better than e.g. Brayelin Martinez but they could make the difference with their good bench..also, they have the american backup setter..she must be better than Aydın's setter Duygu who i find good amongst the mid-level local setter in turkey

they beat the Current Aydın no surprise but they can have some problems against a good Volero which also has a good bunch of players in its roster.

• Adams, Bujis, Ortolani, Arcangelli are great players, very good players Hancock and Orthmann, Begic.

They have the best individual players here, but this is team sport. That is the most important thing.

Martinez would be back up player in this team.