2020 Olympic Games - qualification

• meanwhile CAN gave DOM some trouble in the 2nd set but now the caribbean queens have recovered and it’s 2-1 DOM. earlier PUR beat MEX 3-0, so it looks like it’ll be another clash tomorrow between the two caribbean rivals for the ticket to the OG.

• Malwina is getting a lot of hate on social media omg.

Definitely because of her political posts at Ech 2019. Turkish people really didn't like her mentioning big ancient wars in 2019 in a sports match.

I always say you have to be 2x as careful with what you post when you're a public figure, especially political posts... It will not be received well and people won't easily forget.

Stysiak on the other hand doesn't get that hate and even a lot of respect for example.

• Yikes this is so complicated. So is volleyball switching to a Elo system entirely?

Seriously, world cup having less weight than VNL?

VNL is annual and hence more frequent. World Cup is not as important because it may not be an Olympic Qualifying event in the future.

• I believe this is wrong.

If you lost by more service errors, it is a narrative.

If you set someone a ton and they don’t score, it is a narrative.

Would the narrative be that the service errors were into the net or that they were trying to serve aggressively and did keep the opponent on their heels but they just let a few go through and out of bounds?

Same with the attacker stats. Were they blocked (un-killed) a lot, how kick-assly was the opponent playing defense? How good was the setter doing?

Stats add color and spice to a narrative. I use them all the time when they support a narrative I've already built. If they don't, I ignore them :)

• Would the narrative be that the service errors were into the net or that they were trying to serve aggressively and did keep the opponent on their heels but they just let a few go through and out of bounds?

Same with the attacker stats. Were they blocked (un-killed) a lot, how kick-assly was the opponent playing defense? How good was the setter doing?

Stats add color and spice to a narrative. I use them all the time when they support a narrative I've already built. If they don't, I ignore them :)

At least you're honest ;)

But I agree. if an attacker gets blocked, and the ball lands in, is it the attacker's fault or the other players' fault for not covering? Or is the set bad? Stats doesn't tell you this. Even if the setter sets under the net, as long as there is only one blocker there it's a good set.

• At least you're honest

Full disclosure, and brahmin knows already this: I believe the greatest stat of all, a teams W-L record, is not the best indicator of how "good" the team is :white:

• My heart is aching for Netherlands, Poland ;( and will ache again tomorrow for Germany/Turkey.

Everyone has played with so much heart and passion. All 4 finalist should be at the Olympics...All these amazing matches we have watched all week are to make it up for the boring matches we will watch in Tokyo for games involving such teams.

I love a Cinderella history, but tomorrow I`m Team Turkey :super:

Netherlands made a huge mistake by serving on Geerties early on, and can`t serve on Pogany either.

Turkey must serve on Orthmann every ball, and force Hanke to set Geerties more as Eda/Zehra can stop her. This will put a lot pressure on Lippmann. If Turkey can not put any pressure from the service line....well, that will be a big problem because the German trio is on fire.

Boz was incredible tonight....:box:. One of the best performances I have ever seen. Hande was awesome ( and that stupid Motta uses her as back OPP :mad:).

Stysiak 25 points :white:....so young and so good, like I said before she will be the next Zhu.

Turkey gotta show up tomorrow and playing with a lot of confidence right from the get go. Can`t show up feeling nervous, making mistakes and let German girls believe they can win. Germany looks better than Turkey right now, but Turkey can outplay Germany .......emotional aspect will be key for Turkey.

• just realize one thing, we will watch dead group again in tokey 2020.just like rio.

if Korea get the asian ticket,

Gruop A:Japan,Seibia,Brasil,Korea,dominica,kenya

Group B:China,USA,Italy,Russia,agentina,tuekey/germany

if thai get the ticket

Group A:Japan,Serbia,Brasil,Dominica,Kenya,Agentina

Group B:China,USA,Italy,Russia,Turkey/Germany,Thailand

Group B will play difficultly in group matches, Considering the history of fake balls between Serbia and japan,they can choose their opponents in QF

• just realize one thing, we will watch dead group again in tokey 2020.just like rio.

Gruop A:Japan,Seibia,Brasil,Korea/Thai ,+2 weak teams,and for the host,I dont think they will choose the eour team(germany/turkey)

Group B:China,USA,Italy,Russia,+2 weak teams

Group B will play difficultly in group matches, Considering the history of fake balls between Serbia and japan,they can choose their opponents in QF

Group B could wipe out group a again

• Group B could wipe out group a again

just realize one thing, we will watch dead group again in tokey 2020.just like rio.

Gruop A:Japan,Seibia,Brasil,Korea/Thai ,+2 weak teams,and for the host,I dont think they will choose the eour team(germany/turkey)

Group B:China,USA,Italy,Russia,+2 weak teams

Serbia is stronger than everyone in Group B besides China as they are same level.

Japan were points away from eliminating Italy in the WCH. Russia and USA barely beat Korea-Thailand WCH and OG QL. Brazil only team to stand a chance against China in the World Cup.

I actually like this Group. Playing against the host is always good because the crowd is crazy and that gets you ready for the finals when the pressure is higher. Playing against and beating Brazil is always a confidence booster. Turkey will be tough. And then Terzic can rest Boskovic and Mihajlovic against the 2 weaker teams without getting the heat of "cheating". He even rested Boskovic in Rio against the Netherlands. Only problem would be in China ends up in 4th again.....but I don`t see that happening as we saw how they destroyed everyone (not Brazil) in the World Cup.

• Serbia is stronger than everyone in Group B besides China as they are same level.

Japan were points away from eliminating Italy in the WCH. Russia and USA barely beat Korea-Thailand WCH and OG QL. Brazil only team to stand a chance against China in the World Cup.

I actually like this Group. Playing against the host is always good because the crowd is crazy and that gets you ready for the finals when the pressure is higher. Playing against and beating Brazil is always a confidence booster. Turkey will be tough. And then Terzic can rest Boskovic and Mihajlovic against the 2 weaker teams without getting the heat of "cheating". He even rested is

I still think OG is a different event.every team played so different .Brasil still is a good team.I dont think Serbia can beat them easily .but brasil should keep a healthy team.Natalia+Gabi+tandara cant hurt anymore.please give up shella.what they should think of twice is the middle blocker...Fabiana?Taisa?Ade?Bia?also other young mbs

• China hasn't lost to Russia in years and years. Even if lose to USA and Italy which is plausible (worst case) the other 3 matches shouldn't be a problem

The question is if Serbia doesn't finish first in the group, that's when shit gets interesting

• I still think OG is a different event.every team played so different .Brasil still is a good team.I dont think Serbia can beat them easily .but brasil should keep a healthy team.Natalia+Gabi+tandara cant hurt anymore.please give up shella.what they should think of twice is the middle blocker...Fabiana?Taisa?Ade?Bia?also other young mbs

I don`t think Sheilla will make it. She`s not improving and Lorene is playing for Ze`s team. He already said Tandara is fundamental for Brazil, so she`s certainly going. He will probably take Thaisa, Fabiana and 3rd people could be anyone at this point. With Tandara,Natlia,Gabi and Thaiza, Brazil can fight for a medal, even more if Fabiana plays good.

• I don`t think Sheilla will make it. She`s not improving and Lorene is playing for Ze`s team. He already said Tandara is fundamental for Brazil, so she`s certainly going. He will probably take Thaisa, Fabiana and 3rd people could be anyone at this point. With Tandara,Natlia,Gabi and Thaiza, Brazil can fight for a medal, even more if Fabiana plays good.

but we always see dramas in OG.in 2016,nobody can think the final is CHN vs SRB. nobody can believe China could beat Brasil and Serbia won USA.after a clean win in group and powerful 1st set in final,nobody can believe serbia lost .so many dramas will happen.OG always affects a lot.