2020 Olympic Games - qualification

• 2004 OG were great for Russia, but it was 15 years ago! That is what I mean that even 2013 or 2015 are long gone. Nobody says Russia is worse than Poland or Turkey, just that you really don't know what to expect from them. We don't know what shape they will be in. And you just talk about them like they are WCH or olympic champions, you cannot be sure if they would advance if they had Netherlands, Serbia , Italy, USA or China in their pool.

I never talk about them as if they are champion of WCH or OGs. I used those words in my previous post "Italy, Serbia, China, Usa, Japan, Brazil, Netherlands are better than Russia according to last performance in WCH". Also we got 8th place in last WCH, without Malykh, Khodunova, Goncharova and Kosheleva.

If we don't know their current shape, that's why I used those words in my previous posts "let's wait and see capabilities of teams in OGQ, ECH and World Cup. After NTs season we may discuss such topics. Yes, everything is possible Poland and Turkey also can surprise us in ECH. That's why I think it's better to wait and see. Russia played awful in VNL, but their capability is much more than that. We played 5 sets against Usa and it's not excuse Pankov said that Galkina got injuried after 3rd set in that game and Talysheva gave that game to Usa with her worse receiving skills. That's why she is out of NT this year.

• Those kind of calculations simply never work :aww: I agree with 7UP atm Russia didn't do much at all to prove they're better then Poland, Turkey, Belgium, Germany etc. You say we are just basing everything on VNL but you are doing something pretty similar by basing everything on 1 Wch where Russia still was not by any means much better then the likes of Turkey and Poland if I recall correct you had like 2 points more then us in the end in that 8th place.

Also no Goncharova, Kosheleva etc doesnt matter that much either especially when Russia clearly is in a generation transition period. I mean ofc it matters but it doesn't mean that you were gonna win much bigger if they were there necessarily. We called our NT done begin 2018, we had no Neslihan, Gözde, Naz, Neriman, Polen out of form etc. etc. we were gonna be done, but then suddenly they had one of the most succesfull NT seasons in a while.

Idk why you talk like Russia is for sure better then Poland and Turkey and possible Netherlands. Sure Russia is not a country to underestimate but I'd rather see them prove things, so far their younger generations couldn't do what the Turkish and Polish generation did whatsoever and Voronkova and Parubets seemed out of shape, we havent seen Goncharova and Koshe in a while either :teach:

• beri I don't talk surely. I talk about last performance in WCH. Which we were ahead of those teams. Your deleted post was like that Turkey is better than Russia NT and the fact Turkey defeat Serbia in VNL which they had Mihailovic, Boskovic were on court. For you Turkey NT is the best in world.

I talk about last performance in WCH which all NTs gave their best to that tournament not A or B mixture. Parubets and Voronkova are out of shape? Did you see their performance in OGQ and World CUP or ECH? We have even friendly games against Belgium, Poland and Germany from 24 to 26 July. Better to wait and see.

If you remember I wrote those words Turkey had a chance to make it OGs in continental qualification. You know what our agruement starts? You start using such things Turkey is better Italy, Serbia, Russia and the fact we beat them in VNL. I mostly skip those points and try to keep my coolness. But sometimes it aint working, but I found something unfair. I never underestimate Turkey, Poland, Germany or Belgium. I dont talk over speculations I talk over last performance in WCH.

I respected Turkey NT too unless you and other turkish users didnt use snide comments against Russia NT here. Even if Russia got any kind of medal you will write here they dont deserve that etc. That's why I found such topics pointless to discuss

• I literally never said Turkey is better then Serbia or Italy because we beat them in VNL :lol: stop lying and I think I said this 100000000 times now. I was very clear and you can go back and read my posts pls. I said its really impressive of the team and it shows they are growing after they beat Serbia. I fail to see whats wrong with that. Also Turkey only beat Italy first time in VNL I think (with full roster not B) few days ago and I literally said nothing about such things either back then.

Also like I said, I judge what I see from players, I can't judge performances on what I think will happen. I do hope the Russians play really well suddenly so it gets more exciting + Im a big fan of Koreleva and Parubets :heart:

Yes, sometimes I am a little blind for Turkish team but aren't we all with our fave teams :P

• beri you had an arguement with Serbian user or users here about such topics not only with them and some of other ones either. Yes, you are the person who is thinking Turkey is better than Italy, Serbia, China, Brazil etc. You sometimes use flattering posts towards Poland, China, Italy, Brazil, Usa etc and their players. You always step back when you see it won't work if you start arguing and then pretend to accept realities.

Honestly, I think you dislike Parubets and Koroleva. Sorry my speech is direct. I dont think you may like players from outside of Turkey, you pretend to like them here not much more IMO. Yes, your deleted post was like that "we beat Serbia NT in VNL, they had main players etc" I feel like you are convinced that Turkey even is better than Serbia. I feel like you are not a little bit blind for Turkey NT. You always compare them with world champion teams. Recently, I never think Russia is better than Serbia or etc. I only talk about reality not speculation. Nowadays, Russia NT playing worse if to compre with their past performance but we are still not the weakest opponent as we are depicted.

I invite you to watch next games and then we will find better way to discuss:roll:

• Wow this is actually crazy.

How many assumptions do you have about people you know nothing about like that lol it is really weird. Is this how you spend your free time, thinking about what kind of person I must be? :cheesy::lol:

When I first watched volleyball, I didn't even know there was a Turkish volleyball team, I followed and loved Brazil, Russia and Japan back then and players like Garay, Fabiana, Gamova, Sokolova, Godina (yes I liked this Russian team more) Sachiko Sugiyama. You don't have to believe me, I honestly don't care at all, actually Koroleva has always been my favorite player of all time, I can give you the phone number of my best friend and you can ask it if you dont believe lmao :rolll:

I won't make assumptions about you, because I've never seen or spoke you ever and didn't really even talk here much with you so :wavy: thats not how I am.

+ I never argued with any Serbian user, I discussed the match with them and we all agreed on the same things in the end. Who I argued with was pope but I think we have settled that as well and agree on a lot after a bit of arguing now and respect what we disagree with each other :drink:

• If you say so that's okay. You can lie everyone here with your insincere posts not me;) yes, you are very politic person in my opinion:flower: I bet you will dance if Russia or Serbia or Netherlands etc lose the game :lol: you like players when they play in Turkish clubs not NTs against Turkey :gone:

No, you are very popular here with your arguements;)  beri I even didnt start arguing with you. You always try to interfere with my posts ;) where you find me there you start arguing :rose:

I am used to you:gone:

• It takes one to know one

but the difference is you don't know me. Don't project your own feelings towards others, it only shows us your face ;)

*insert 1000 shady emojis*

I dont need to get to know you, I even wrote your deleted posts:flower: you are very politic person, you could be better head coach, you had B and C plans:roll:

• Emil it's not even a drama. I shared my thoughts here. I am not even angry/mad at anyone. Maybe it's working or not but it's a relief. People sometimes go to the place where they can break old cup and saucer and it's like that, afterwards you are relieved lol. We dont have a chance to scream at face of each others on cour like players did lol. Honestly, I'm not angry or something else, I'm tottally not agreesive while I share my thoughts here.

• Do not forget that written words are different than spoken words. We can’t tell what is a joke or not easily, let alone throw in a foreign language. We all feel that written words add permanence and we may not realize that it may be a different feeling by the author.

• Do not forget that written words are different than spoken words. We can’t tell what is a joke or not easily, let alone throw in a foreign language. We all feel that written words add permanence and we may not realize that it may be a different feeling by the author.

I feel like we are on the same page now lol.

Ofc I'm not native in english but I try to read newspapers etc. for improving my language skills. I'm a young one, hope my language skills will be much better than that. I am tottally aware of my grammer or etc mistakes in english lol, anyway try to do my best to correct it next years lol.

• Please stop it.

I saw/remember so many OG qualification. You should just wait and see. Now discussion is useless. Strenght (mostly mental) and team spirit will decide. Additional do not underestimate hosts. So many hosts finally qualified but before qualification they were absolutely not favourites.

• So the situation is, that I will be cheering for Russia to qualify to Tokyo to have there as many European teams as possible and make European qualies easier for Turkey, Netherlands or Poland. Their situation is effect of their successes in the past and after Tokyo, new Russian team will have to work much harder than previous one to get ticket to Paris.

• So the situation is, that I will be cheering for Russia to qualify to Tokyo to have there as many European teams as possible and make European qualies easier for Turkey, Netherlands or Poland. Their situation is effect of their successes in the past and after Tokyo, new Russian team will have to work much harder than previous one to get ticket to Paris.

Huh. It's 2019 and talking about 2024? Paris? We don't know which NTs will be strong in future. Last year, we took Malygina and Biryukova and this year they won't be on the roster of our NT. We have Kadochkina who is 16 years old, maybe we will have better players in future or not, it is too early to talk about such things IMO. Gorbunova, Zakharova, Pushina, Shevchuk, Pipunyrova, maybe Lazareva, etc. or maybe someone will suddenly come out and will be much more skillful than those players or Kotikova, Lazareva will improve their skills like Voronkova and Parubets. We don't which NTs will be better in world in future.

• Although, it's pretty early to talk about future but Kadochkina may be our life saver in future. She's only 16 and she played against Moscow with 21pts which is not easy in her case. I don't know who created this video, anyway thanks for that person.