2020 Olympic Games - qualification

• I remember that Startseva provided fast setting to Larson and Del Core when they played in Dinamo Kazan. She is not the most spectacular setter but she is technically a good one IMO. She had also won some important titles in her career.

Startseva is maybe not the best setter on earth but she proved many times that she is the best Russian setter and I have not seen anyone close to getting her spot yet. We saw many alternatives like Kosianenko, Babeshina etc and the Russian NT never performed as good as when Startseva is setting.

• But Startseva really needs to improve her setting to Parubets and MBs, otherwise Korea will be tough opponent tomorrow. I am not talking about Startseva's achievements, I'm talking about her current shape and connection with players.

• Startseva is maybe not the best setter on earth but she proved many times that she is the best Russian setter and I have not seen anyone close to getting her spot yet. We saw many alternatives like Kosianenko, Babeshina etc and the Russian NT never performed as good as when Startseva is setting.

We have only one game against Korea tomorrow, not another chance. I don't know you have watched Rus vs Can today or not. But her setting to Parubets, MBs was horrible today, if she keeps playing like this we will have hard game against Kor tomorrow.

I know Startseva was the key player in 2016 OGQ in Turkey, she entirely changed our game. She played well in WCH, in Kazan etc. It seems she needs more time to improve her setting, still she has connection problem. If she keeps playing like this, her old achievements won't help us against Korea, her current shape and connection is important, it is not a long tournament to correct your errors. There is only one and last game tomorrow and that's it. Hope you get my point. That's what me and Emil wanted to write.

• USA not playing so well. What I don't like about Drews is that she can't mix it up, when it comes to attack. If she cannot pass the block hitting hard, she tries hitting harder.. it would be nice to see an off speed shot, tip, from time to time.. it would also give the opposition something to think about. Also Courtney is really unstable, not only defending, but passing too. She's even struggling to set the second ball. Larson solid so far, taking aggressive swings. Carlini great floor coverage

• Goddammit, I love Larson.

Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
    Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

Bronze - Volleyball Nations League 2019 (W) Prediction Game

• Just catching up on the CHN v GER match. The sound mix is just right for letting Yuan Xinyue's wails shine :rose:

Yan Ni, will you marry me <3 :?:

It's true, and a bit puzzling, the top teams aren't showing their top form in this tournament but I'm not worried for any of them.

• USA in the easiest poule and they have a lot of difficulties with Bulgaria. 2-1 for Bulgaria!!!:white::white::white:Robinson should definitely be a starting outside hitter!

• I can't believe it! Usa is not playing their best, but Bulgaria is having the match of their life. They came back after the disadvantage at the beginning. Amd it's not just Vasileva, they are all playing well.

I surely lost something.. where is Ogbogu?

• I cant remember the last time Ive seen Vasileva play this good.

• The whole Dominican Republic and NORCECA feeling Tyra right now. lol

giphy.gif

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

• I like Thompson. Did she sign somewhere? If not then some teams should at her.

She's still in college playing for the University of Cincinnati, but I'm sure some teams already have their eyes on her.

• Omg if Bulgaria will get a ticket, imagine How many european teams could play in Tokio

• Bulgaria was robbed. There was a clear net fault at US's 20th point.