2020 Olympic Games - qualification

• As I heard the news that KVA elected Lavarini as a head coach of korean national team, I can't belive my eyes because KVA had always pick one who is released from professional team(because of bad results).

Lavarini is really good coach as everyone knows and I see a lot of differences compared to the past. I hope we can keep him longer but I know it wouldn't happen😂😂

call me crazy, but if we had a chance to take him from Korea, even I would like to lose the game against Korea today. Because with Lavarini you can get the ticket for OGs in every continental qualification. + big achievements in OGs.

• I don't know anything about who Poland has in the pipeline but I don't see them improving with who they have. They are good, some quite good, but what could any of them improve on? I suppose that super tall young girl could turn into a receiving machine.

In polish league we have a lot of good players but our coach doesn’t like to change the roster, he wants to make a real team by playing whole time the same players :win:

Stysiak will play in Italy but as OPP so she won’t practice reception, Grajber won’t be better, we have one girl - Bączyńska who is receiving almost the same but she is taller (189 when Grajber is 180) but she was not called for NT and a lot of fans was very angry with it. Górecka (19 y.o) will play in Novara and she is a very promising option :teach:

Mędrzyk was playing fantastic this tournament she is our best OH, but the second one on the same level is needed if we want to play better.

• The problem for Poland is they cant have many scoring options without Stysiak but Medrzyk cant handle 2 receiving system. Grajber can be a good receiver but Medrzyk and Grajber duo is a little bit weak. And they dont have a scoring middle as well.

• The problem for Poland is they cant have many scoring options without Stysiak but Medrzyk cant handle 2 receiving system. Grajber can be a good receiver but Medrzyk and Grajber duo is a little bit weak. And they dont have a scoring middle as well.

totally agree about MBs, Kąkolewska was amazing last season but now she is out of shape, but we also need the second one who can score a lot, there is one girl from our junior team - Weronika Centka who was playing amazing during Junior World Championships, I hope she will join the team in the next season ;)

• call me crazy, but if we had a chance to take him from Korea, even I would like to lose the game against Korea today. Because with Lavarini you can get the ticket for OGs in every continental qualification. + big achievements in OGs.

So I think korea can make it. With main setter Lee dayeong and main opposite Park jeong ah (she scored more than kyk in last wch) back plus lavarini, OG games would be successful!!

• Yeah again. That is why Glass, Wolosz all the way over Maja. Sorry. I will never love high sets, She played the same in Moscow that is her way of game.

Just finished watching the Serbia v Poland match..

just saying but Wolosz set more high balls to Stysiak and Smarzek than Maja did to Boskovic and Mihajlovic, plus Maja used her middles more. So honestly if it’s high sets you don’t like you should really prefer Maja:whistle:

• I was quite anxious for Italy-Netherlands tonight: NED is a really strong team and they know how to get us in trouble.

I'm anyway so happy Italy managed to qualify now!!! The desth european tournament is avoided and we have an entire year to prepare.

Some considerations: Dijkema started tragically, Bongaerts did much better. Italy managed to contain Buijs and Sloetjes (let's give credit to the italian block-defense who was always ready on Lonneke).

I'm speechless about Egonu: so dominant, so few mistakes today. She wanted the ticket and there was no way to stop her. Physically she is impressive, her jump and her power were phenomenal, that we know.. but today, even if she attacked so much and the moment was hot, she NEVER made a mistake but always got the point. I love you :heart:

Sorry for the long post, I'm so emotional right now!

• It has been great to see such a volleyball show for 4 days. Once again no surprises with 6 favorites. Unfortunately Turkey was the only team who couldn't challenge to the favorites compared to what AZE, BUL, POL, NED and KOR did against the favorites.

NED seems to be the favourite to win European Qualification however, they don't have any good bench player other than Plak. So in the case of any injury of their starters, this team would downgrade drastically. Same is true for POL whereas TUR has deeper bench that can replace starters. I hope Ebrar will be playing full time Vakıfbank till January. On top of the experience in upcoming ECh, I believe she will develop into a more decisive player

• Poland played a outstanding match. I have never seen any team being able to slow down both Boskovic and Mihajlovic....Polish block was massive.

Serbia was not able to put any pressure on them from the service line and Medrzyk handled the passing very well.

Woloz outplayed Maja. But keep in mind Serbia starters did not play VNL. And the friendlys against Korea were cancelled as far as I know. This is basically the beginning of their season with the ECH as focus.

Mina Popovic did a nice job by touching a lot of balls. Serbia has so many good middles that it does not even matters who's in there as they are all outstanding on the net.

I was super anxious the whole match.

I'm so sorry for Poland. I believe they can challenge Turkey and Netherlands.

• China and Italy seemed to have a smooth qualification actually

• Busa had some great plays in the end of second set. She was MVP for me because had they lost that set god knows what would have happened.

Boskovic :rose::heart::box:

• to me, i think the biggest individual disappointment was rahimova. she really didn’t do much for her team.

any others? sloetjes? tandara?

I think Sloetjes was a disappointment too, she showed great things against Belgium, but forgot all her volleyball when NED needed the most :(

But, I think that is harsh to say that about Tandara because she didn't play in her natural position, but she could, at least, had lost some weight before showing up the way she did