2020 Olympic Games - qualification

• I just checked the stats and Busa had 43 receptions with 8/12 67% in attack. :super:

Boskovic 27 points 52%....Mina Popovic 12 points (4blocks)

http://odbojka-volleyball.com/…istika-Srbija-Poljska.pdf

I'm pretty sure that at some point in the 3rd set Bošković had fewer points than Mina Popović :D And then of course the 4th set was Tijana's show all the way :obey:

Brankica's spiking was pretty much on point today, especially compared to that non-performance against Puerto Rico the previous day, but her defensive work was abysmal. Honestly, at times she looked drunk, like when she collided into the pole when going after the ball :gone: For some reason she looked really tense all tournament long. And so did Maja, who was running the MBs extremely well for 3 sets until all of a sudden their connection totally broke down. Her serving streak was crucial in Serbia's comeback, though. That was some cool stuff.

And special thanks must go to Wolosz for that inexplicable set to Kakolewska at 23-23.

Smarzek's tears after the match were tough to watch. The girl really played her heart out.

• I think they did not look sharp, especially Maja was because they have not played together this year yet. According to the stats Maja did not even play during that game against Korea.

Thailand and Puerto Rico was just a warm up, while Poland not only is playing well but they played together during VNL, and Polish fans are a 7th player on the floor, so basically this was their first match of the season and it happened to be a big one. ( That first weekend of VNL was a joke and nobody was ready to play).

Did u watch on Sportklub? DId they mention anything about Stevanovic or the drama Terzic vs some players?.... Will be interesting to see if Stevanovic is invited back next year.

I felt for Smarzek too ;(

I'm pretty sure that at some point in the 3rd set Bošković had fewer points than Mina Popović :D And then of course the 4th set was Tijana's show all the way :obey:

Brankica's spiking was pretty much on point today, especially compared to that non-performance against Puerto Rico the previous day, but her defensive work was abysmal. Honestly, at times she looked drunk, like when she collided into the pole when going after the ball :gone: For some reason she looked really tense all tournament long. And so did Maja, who was running the MBs extremely well for 3 sets until all of a sudden their connection totally broke down. Her serving streak was crucial in Serbia's comeback, though. That was some cool stuff.

And special thanks must go to Wolosz for that inexplicable set to Kakolewska at 23-23.

Smarzek's tears after the match were tough to watch. The girl really played her heart out.

• to me, i think the biggest individual disappointment was rahimova. she really didn’t do much for her team.

any others? sloetjes? tandara?

This is Tandara's first match after a few months of absence. Plus, she is playing her second position. So I think it is understandable. I have always have this in mind that Tandara needs to lose a bit of body fat and gain more muscles to keep her power hitting.

Lorenne has been a good prospect since VNL. Hope Brazil will not waste he, especially now that Sheilla is back in the picture.

• At the end, no single upset happened, all the favoured teams go to Tokyo as forecasted. Some had smoother ways: CHN and ITA, some had the very tough way even the razor thin escape: RUS, some with more challenges like USA and BRA, as well as SRB too.

Thus the early birds: JPN BRA CHN USA SRB ITA RUS.

Just thinking, had RUS missed this time, they might not have made it in clashes against NED and TUR. The RUS team today is not as strong as the one in 2015 that I watched!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• I think Sloetjes was a disappointment too, she showed great things against Belgium, but forgot all her volleyball when NED needed the most :(

But, I think that is harsh to say that about Tandara because she didn't play in her natural position, but she could, at least, had lost some weight before showing up the way she did

Thats true in the casenof tandara but in the fifth set where she was in the inversions with roberta, she scored as expected. Setter relationship is her problem.

• I think OG qualification has a better choice.first,every continent makes the qualification .there we will have the host +5 continent chanpions. then we can make those OGQ in pools.then we will see more strong OG

• Can someone explain me how the other qualification process works?

So 7 teams are qualified right? The 6 pool winners and the host Japan.

5 Spots are available and there will be 5 continental qualification with the pool winners qualifiying and thats it? So one more of South America, North America, Europe, Asia and Africa?

• Loose translation of Zhu Ting's interview after match with Turkey:

"To prepare for this tournament, we have trained closed-door for six weeks, with countdowns to the tournament every day, much like preparing for the the National College Entrance Examination. We were really prepared to the fullest extent possible. Everyone of us can memorize the styles and habits of each player of the Turkish team."

Seems like after the allocation of the groups, preparing for the tournament has been all about Turkey for China, which turns out to be effective. Now that the tournament is over, I'm wondering which team will be Lang Ping's next "target" in the future:what:

• Loose translation of Zhu Ting's interview after match with Turkey:

"To prepare for this tournament, we have trained closed-door for six weeks, with countdowns to the tournament every day, much like preparing for the the National College Entrance Examination. We were really prepared to the fullest extent possible. Everyone of us can memorize the styles and habits of each player of the Turkish team."

Seems like after the allocation of the groups, preparing for the tournament has been all about Turkey for China, which turns out to be effective. Now that the tournament is over, I'm wondering which team will be Lang Ping's next "target" in the future:what:

Italy and Serbia for sure. USA and Brazil for me are not on their level.

Dutch team even prepare them self with MAN playing as Egonu. And still they couldn't stop her...

• Maybe somebody already posted it, Turkey will host European qualies for OG.

AGAIN, LIKE WTF ??

Sorry but this is not fair at all, Poland or Dutch should get it....

• At least as soon as VakifBank let her she wanted to play in AÜ Yesilyurt. Which means she knows how to take the right steps for her carreer its just the question if they really allow her(and others). Zehra, Yasemin and Tugba were so epic in BJK :love: new gens should be allowed to play in other teams as well.

For the best interest of Tugba, she should stay with VakifBank in the coming year. Gabi could be a mentor showing how a undersized player can still be a world class spiker.