2020 Olympic Games - qualification

• Can someone explain me how the other qualification process works?

So 7 teams are qualified right? The 6 pool winners and the host Japan.

5 Spots are available and there will be 5 continental qualification with the pool winners qualifiying and thats it? So one more of South America, North America, Europe, Asia and Africa?

Yes, that is it.

• 1 milion EUR = 6.188.753 Turkish Liras Wow. Are we so rich?

Who invests in Turkish Lira anymore these days lol, sadly most big companies don't risk our governments bad decisions and either use Euros or USD which is also a reason why the Turkish Lira went from being 2.8 EUR to 6.2 in just a few years and only makes the situation worse.

Tbh I recently started a company as well and have to admit I'm using euros as well, there is just no point in TRY anymore.

To put it in into perspective for you, one of the main sponsors of Turkish NT this summer Turkish Airlines, they make like several BILLION USD a year nowadays... Turkey has many conpanies like this, even Eczacıbaşı, its just our government that invests the money in wrong places and probably don't even take tax money from some of these companies as some are their buddies or own owned companies. So the population is not that 'rich' and doesn't always see this money back.

• turkey needs a good setter and an oh who can spike some outsystem balls.Cansu is still too young and her mentality is weak. hope Naz can do this work better.Turkish ohs all can spike good balls,but your reception is not always perfect.also ,I think GUI can learn some special tactics from aisan teams ,such as ohs or os can spike more balls in zone 3,and mbs can learn from Yanni or KIm soji. i find they both have good skills and special tempo

• According to German fed, the participants for Euro qualifier will be decided according to the latest CEV ranking, updated after ECH. The best seven teams besides the host (minus those already qualified obviously) are going to participate. Right now these are NED, TUR, GER, BEL, BUL, POL, CZE and CRO. Considering that CZE failed to qualify for ECH they are going to lose many points, so some other team (BLR/AZE) might take their spot.

• I just wish it was a World Qualification.

Argentina, Colombia, D. Republic, Puerto Rico, Kenya, Germany, Netherlands,Turkey,Thailand,South Korea. With the top 5 qualifying.

Of course I would wish Poland instead of Germany, and I'm not sure who's ranked higher P. Rico or Canada.

• According to German fed, the participants for Euro qualifier will be decided according to the latest CEV ranking, updated after ECH. The best seven teams besides the host (minus those already qualified obviously) are going to participate. Right now these are NED, TUR, GER, BEL, BUL, POL, CZE and CRO. Considering that CZE failed to qualify for ECH they are going to lose many points, so some other team (BLR/AZE) might take their spot.

I guess the ranking might change. I'm not sure if they're going to include points from WGP 2017 :D

• Poland already host OQ this year, they shouldn't host European qualification too. I would prefer Netherlands to host.

Start wondering why all the big tournements are in China first before wondering why Turkey is hosting it for the 3rd time.

Ps; Turkey hasn't host major FIVB tournament yet. China/Japan host everything, Netherlands will host WCH'22. Not so much complain about this decision.

It's strange that Azerbaijan is still out of top 10 when they were 4th at the last ECh and also played at WCh. I guess it's down to not playing the GP/EL '17 and hopefully it will be fixed in the new rankings.

• You're right. It is because of 2017 WGP/EL. They have 0 points for that competition.

• saishuu can you sleep a little bit longer and tell us if FIVB will still let WGP 2017 count in the 22nd century while still pushing VNL?

Thank you in advance x

• saishuu can you sleep a little bit longer and tell us if FIVB will still let WGP 2017 count in the 22nd century while still pushing VNL?

Thank you in advance x

just woke up from my latest hibernation and shocker!!! Ary Graça is still alive and at helm of FIVB at the incredible age of 170 (all the money from the IOQT surely helps as a modern and endless source of permanent youth)! which means VNL is still a thing, the core teams are still the same, China is still hosting the finals (now held at the Lang Ping Memorial Arena in Ningbo) and the USA just celebrated their 50th consecutive title. unfortunately the WGP is still held as the main source of points for the ranking purely out of nostalgia, so fuck all y'all europeans