2020 Olympic Games - qualification

• I'm used to ignore this type of comment but i'm tired to see people acting that they are superior or are 100% right all the time in comparison to someone from another nationality ("Bah, Brazilian want an easy tournament, Turkish users are difficult, or something like that")... Bring arguments, please, it is not difficult, and you can be right, you can be wrong, just be nice and don't bring the "nationality or ethnicity" card, please

Well said. There is a lot of this type of thinking on here right now for whatever reason and I don’t think it’s very helpful for anybody.

• tenor.gif?itemid=13476432

:gone:

Literally noone:

QueenPiccininiLover: I would very much like to be excluded from this narrative

:lol:

• That's my way to tell you I'm reading, but I don't feel like joining the talk.

I actually don't know how you guys, with the heat of these days, can keep fighting over and over about the very same subject for days, then weeks.

You are my heroes.

So...

tenor.gif?itemid=13476432

• If the OGs are that easy as you guys are saying due to the presence of South American and African teams, then the European teams should try to manage to win it more often tho :whistle:

And I mean, I’m done with all this discussion. See you guys in the 2024 topic where you’ll present the same old arguments about fairness (that are just covering your xenophobia in a more polite wAy).

• If the OGs are that easy as you guys are saying due to the presence of South American and African teams, then the European teams should try to manage to win it more often tho :whistle:

And I mean, I’m done with all this discussion. See you guys in the 2024 topic where you’ll present the same old arguments about fairness (that are just covering your xenophobia in a more polite wAy).

China and Brazil are part of Europe now

• China and Brazil are part of Europe now

I've never paid attention to the OGs. Don't really care about them. So I just looked them up and it's weird, Europe hasn't done very well there --in women's volleyball, at least. I was under the mistaken impression they were big winners, best in the world ?(

• this discussion has obviously ran off the rails...

it's already been established that at the OG, each continent (confederation -- north america, south america, europe, africa, asia) gets one representative. no need to keep bitching about it. it's basically written in stone.

we can argue about whether it's better that continental Q comes first before world Q (which apparently will happen in 2024), but all this bitching and screaming will change nothing. unless you're a troll.

• I've never paid attention to the OGs. Don't really care about them. So I just looked them up and it's weird, Europe hasn't done very well there --in women's volleyball, at least. I was under the mistaken impression they were big winners, best in the world ?(

Europe hasnt won the golden medal since 1988 :!::!::!:

URSS was the last country which won it. Actualy, it is the ONLY european country which has gotten it.

• Qualification system for OG 2024 will be modified that continental qualification will take place as first. Intercontinental tournaments will be played after and it will give chance for 7 European countries in total to participate at OG. Having France as host it may be that in Paris 2024 even 8 European countries will play in each (men’s and women’s) tournament.

Also if FIVB will approve a new ranking system it may help to distribute countries to the groups much better way.i

i dont know if next world cup will give tickets to those top 2or 3 team.if that,China ,usa and brasil will totally work hard for this.because they want their neighbours to go to 2024.or Japan,and agentina,dominica or Canada will cry

• from the other thread, the rumor seems to be that WC might award 2 spots (for 2024).

so we'll have 5 continental representatives, host nation, 2 WC spots, and then 4 world Q winners?????

and btw, at the rate things are going, it'll be COL in tokyo representing S. america, not ARG...

• i dont know if next world cup will give tickets to those top 2or 3 team.if that,China ,usa and brasil will totally work hard for this.because they want their neighbours to go to 2024.or Japan,and agentina,dominica or Canada will cry

Yeah, the only reason this world cup doens't give OG tickets is because Japan is hosting both (and they want to participate in WC)

• Europe hasnt won the golden medal since 1988 :!::!::!:

URSS was the last country which won it. Actualy, it is the ONLY european country which has gotten it.

Though it was considered under Europe, lots of countries from the defunct USSR are actually in Asia.

This coming OG, Italy and Serbia are the only European countries that have an actual shot of winning gold.

• Qualification system for OG 2024 will be modified that continental qualification will take place as first. Intercontinental tournaments will be played after and it will give chance for 7 European countries in total to participate at OG. Having France as host it may be that in Paris 2024 even 8 European countries will play in each (men’s and women’s) tournament.

Also if FIVB will approve a new ranking system it may help to distribute countries to the groups much better way.

8 euros in paris???? really???? not counting the hosts, which 7 euro teams can for sure beat DOM, JPN or KOR?

• Eight out of 12 teams, if true, then volleyball in the 2024 OG will be more resembling a "ECH Minus" tournament than an Olympiad :-) lol

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• China, USA, Brazil, an African team, France, and 7 more European teams. lol

But I don't believe there are 7 European teams that can definitely beat teams like JPN and DOM, although who knows after 4 years

• i’d say at their current form, BRA’s chances are not any higher than the US’s.

but seriously, this discussion gets silly. there are only about 4 teams that are contending for the gold at any OG...

from 1988,all OG golds go to 3 times of cuba,2times to brasil,tow times to China.Russia and serbia are the only two eour teams who can go to final round .in 2020,Italy,serbia,Brasil ,USA and China ,those five have chances.but it all deponds on which team will play better and the draw lots