2020 Olympic Games - qualification

• Someday will we be able to discuss something without attacks and accusations? It will be a nice day :)

I'm Brazilian, I do support Africa's spots, but also I think not only the America's spot is messed up (okay, merge all the America could be a solution), but the whole qualification is horrible. I'm agree 100% with all of you who say that Continental qualification should be played first that this bullshit that was this qualification... But I'm not okay with the idea of "more Europeans = better tournament", i know you didn't say that, but someone said it and i'm tired to comment about it, so let's forget about it... And I don't want an easy tournament for Brazil. In Men's qualification, for example, i would enjoy so much more Bulgaria winning their ticket than Brazil because they played their hearts there, i can comment about volleyball without being blind about what is happening with my own NT and my country.

I'm used to ignore this type of comment but i'm tired to see people acting that they are superior or are 100% right all the time in comparison to someone from another nationality ("Bah, Brazilian want an easy tournament, Turkish users are difficult, or something like that")... Bring arguments, please, it is not difficult, and you can be right, you can be wrong, just be nice and don't bring the "nationality or ethnicity" card, please

I did not write anything showing that I am superior or 100% correct. I was just trying to understand the Brazilian users view and explanation, because they were the most remarkable group supporting the current system, relying on the "diversity card". Following that, I tried to come up with a potential reason of why such users would be supporting the OGs being an easy and boring tournament in sake of preserving diversity (which is preserved anyway in the new system).

Anyway, this was the only reason I brought the Brazilian card here.

• I made a promise that I would not come back to this thread but it seems like "Brazil" and "Brazilians" are the current subjects here. I feel amazed and loved by the Europeans from this forum. Thanks for loving us so much and for talking about us for so many days.

I never saw any Brazilian agreeing with the current system. Speaking for myself, I think the system is not fair; however, I do not think poor continents or lower level NTs should be totally out because in my opinion this is not the Olympics spirit.

:offtopic:

• How come did you get the feeling that we don't like Brazilians? I love them and I love the Brazilian NT. I am very happy to see players like Natalia, Gabi, Sheilla etc. in Turkish league. This was just a point I found out when I was reading this thread that Brazilian users had a certain opinion and I tried to understand why.

However I started to get tired of people misinterpreting my words and putting me as a target here, using almost racism or xenophobia as a card. Sorry, that won't work.

• that’s a good one. anyone that says that has no credibility. pathetic.

Can you explain to me how fun it is when you watch USA playing against a very weak team and winning the match with a clear gap, when the level is not better than a high schools volleyball team? If you find this entertaining and approve that it is good quality volleyball, that is what I would call "pathetic".

• How come did you get the feeling that we don't like Brazilians? I love them and I love the Brazilian NT. I am very happy to see players like Natalia, Gabi, Sheilla etc. in Turkish league. This was just a point I found out when I was reading this thread that Brazilian users had a certain opinion and I tried to understand why.

However I started to get tired of people misinterpreting my words and putting me as a target here, using almost racism or xenophobia as a card. Sorry, that won't work.

I said "Europeans love us" and you understood "Meatlballs hate us".

I mean...let's talk about misinterpretation, huh?

Please let's change the subject. :flower:

• I said "Europeans love us" and you understood "Meatlballs hate us".

I mean...let's talk about misinterpretation, huh?

Please let's change the subject. :flower:

Well, I thought you were being sarcastic babe, since I heard it the other way around so much "X are hating ussss" on this forum often.

Meatballs are full of love too :drink:

Who won the last season of Drug race? :call:

• Can you explain to me how fun it is when you watch USA playing against a very weak team and winning the match with a clear gap, when the level is not better than a high schools volleyball team? If you find this entertaining and approve that it is good quality volleyball, that is what I would call "pathetic".

when did i say anything like that? can you quote me on that? is there a problem with your reading?

i OTOH quoted you exactly as you wrote, calling the OG ‘easy and boring.’ so easy and boring no euro team has won it in more than 30 years.

• meatballs, i didn't mean to pick on you but this constant whining and bitching about "diversity" and "why is africa at the olympics" gets very tiring... i have already said, it's set in stone, every confederation gets at least a spot at the olympics. let's move on and stop this constant trolling (you know who you are) by immature posters here.

i wasn't happy about what happened in rio either... i wasn't too happy about ARG being there (and worst, being in the same pool as CMR, which meant that the 2 weakest teams were together -- again, just as in london -- but in the end, it didn't help the teams in that pool as they all lost in the QF). i wasn't too happy about 4 norceca teams on the men's side in rio, whereas strong teams like SRB and SLO didn't even had a chance to go to the WC. the disparity in which teams gets to the olympics is even worse for the men's tournament. we can argue about how fivb could make it better (and not muck it up like they did in rio), but there's no need to keep harping on 'diversity'. it's not about diversity, it's about representation, and each continent gets at least one spot at the olympic tournament.

• that’s a good one. anyone that says that has no credibility. pathetic.

What you say is pure pathetic

• We should put this thread to rest until end of December, when the teams and rosters appear for the continental qualifications, especially the usual drama in the European qualifer...

• wow. such a mature response. even more pathetic, but not surprising coming from you.

It is on the same maturity level since you call someone the exact same way just because he doesn't agree with you. Grow up

• listen, cretin, at least i provided an argument on why i said what i said, unlike you, who's here just to call names. talk about an immature troll...

Dude how dumb are you?

You just said:

"that’s a good one. anyone that says that has no credibility. pathetic"

That's the only thing you wrote in your post. Where is the argument?

If you're gonna be a.hole to others, be ready to hear the same thing;)