2020 Olympic Games - qualification

• The Dutch seemed pretty good vs China at the world cup yesterday

The match of CHN v NED was done today 27 Sep by the hosting time zone :-)

NED--TUR--POL a three horse race most likely, with GER as the dark horse.

Being host will increase the odds of NED team. Had TUR hosted this event, most likely TUR would have been the hot favourite.

"The majority of men are not capable of thinking, but only of believing and are not accessible to reason but only to authority." -­ Arthur Schopenhauer

• It seems another Olympics-free year for Turkish team :down: The Netherlands are a clear favourite now. Being host was so cruical for Turkish team.

I wonder why Turkey did not strive harder to win the host bidding... I don't think the Turkish VB federation lacks of resources compared to the Dutch VB federation in this regard. It seems just a matter of priority or focus... or anything else that we may not know?

I think Turkey has a good team in this cycle, thus a good opportunity for a contest in 2020 Olympics.

"The majority of men are not capable of thinking, but only of believing and are not accessible to reason but only to authority." -­ Arthur Schopenhauer

• I wonder why Turkey did not strive harder to win the host bidding... I don't think the Turkish VB federation lacks of resources compared to the Dutch VB federation in this regard. It seems just a matter of priority or focus... or anything else that we may not know?

I think Turkey has a good team in this cycle, thus a good opportunity for a contest in 2020 Olympics.

I am quite sure the olympics are a great priority for all the players and especially for the federation. I am quite sure the current economic problems in Turkey and Turkish liras being down against € (sorry, dont know about economics terms much ) had an effect on this. 1€=6.19 Turkish liras rigt now. On the other hand I think the Dutch federation wanted this so much after seeing their ECH performance against Turkey so this may have an effect also. I wonder how much money they offered.

• Turkey has hosted a lot, such as 2012 and 2016 European qualifications iirc and also the last Ech. Maybe CEV wants to balance things out

• How is everything in China? Lol.

Because FIVB just care about money, they just pretend that they are advocating for volleyball

• I am quite sure the olympics are a great priority for all the players and especially for the federation. I am quite sure the current economic problems in Turkey and Turkish liras being down against € (sorry, dont know about economics terms much ) had an effect on this. 1€=6.19 Turkish liras rigt now. On the other hand I think the Dutch federation wanted this so much after seeing their ECH performance against Turkey so this may have an effect also. I wonder how much money they offered.

Yeah, your explanation does make sense. Under financial/economic stress (btw the decreased exchange rate is called depreciation) shifting the priority In TUR's case vis-à-vis the increased appetite by Dutch to host that event to jack up its odds.

I wonder whether CEV FIVB eventually makes it transparent or not the bidding conditions of the winner, at least by disclosing the amount of money offered and so forth... just curious :roll:

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• I think TUR still does have a fair chance to qualify! Of course it will be a tight match.

Why Apeldoorn?:hit:It is like in the middle of nowhere:what::aww::wall:

• Why Apeldoorn?:hit:It is like in the middle of nowhere:what::aww::wall:

:what::what::what:

I think it's the best venue to organise this tournament! It's not to big (such as Ahoy), but it's not a sports hall, so more possibilities to place some stands.

Apeldoorn is in the middle of the country and the Netherlands isn't that big, so everybody can come easily to Apeldoorn:whistle:

• :what::what::what:

I think it's the best venue to organise this tournament! It's not to big (such as Ahoy), but it's not a sports hall, so more possibilities to place some stands.

Apeldoorn is in the middle of the country and the Netherlands isn't that big, so everybody can come easily to Apeldoorn:whistle:

Apeldoorn is a good well known venue, even if I'd prefer Ahoy in Rotterdam. Netherlands doesn't mean only Holland. De Randstad always gets all the attention anyways, let the rest enjoy some fun too :lol: I'll try to be in Apeldoorn

• Netherlands hosting gives them a chance to go to Tokyo, but with Guidetti coaching it is a big advantage for Turkey. Not to say at times that watching him coach Turkey is entertaining, when they are losing and his is just exasperated as to “why are you not playing better?”