2020 Olympic Games - qualification

• AFAIK, clubs are obliged to let players go for NT competitions, and there even is a fixed date for when they have to let them go, I think it's 14 days before the start of the competition. The license of players "belongs" to the federation, so if Turkey summons Neriman to NT there is no way her club can not allow her to go. Well there is a way, they could threaten to cancel her contract, but it would be ethically waaaaay wrong.

• The most important players for Turkey's success in last ECH were Eda, Naz, Simge and Zehra. This 4 are starters in their clubs and still playing very well. Wings were not decisive anyways so not playing full time doesn't make a huge difference for Turkey. By the way Ebrar has been playing as starter mostly but as OH.

I doubt that Guidetti would take the risk to take young and inexperienced players Tuğba or Derya to an important tournament such as OGQ. Only addition to the team would be Aslı Kalaç who has been playing amazing so far at both blocking and attacking, given that Kübra won't be ready yet after her injury. Or Yasemin Güveli could be taken as backup since she has shown good performances.

Neriman as OH would have been a huge addition to this young roster. We need experienced players at wings. I indeed would like to see Güldeniz with the team if Guidetti will be doing some changes in the roster. She is the best local receiver in the Turkish league

• she has not played for TUR for many years, or has played very little since london, does she still want to?

Yes she clearly stated that she wants to play in NT if Guidetti calls her:obey:

• AFAIK, clubs are obliged to let players go for NT competitions, and there even is a fixed date for when they have to let them go, I think it's 14 days before the start of the competition. The license of players "belongs" to the federation, so if Turkey summons Neriman to NT there is no way her club can not allow her to go. Well there is a way, they could threaten to cancel her contract, but it would be ethically waaaaay wrong.

Now that you mention that, I remember there was mention of a 'two week' time period in the negotiations with one of them at least. And more importantly, I'm pretty sure the issue came up during contract negotiations. As in, "we won't sign a contract with you if you want to take two weeks plus the length of the tournament off".

That might be crummy in and of itself, but it makes me wonder if there is a different set of rules for "in-country" NTs and "out-of-country" NTs.

Seems to me I've read about some Chinese players, maybe Li Yingying, whose club wouldn't let her go to NT, but I'm not sure.

Either way, I'd love to see Neriman on Turkey NT. And I'm always happier to see how well Japanese teams do sans foreigner.

ps - strangely, I don't think of Neriman as an OH :) She's this special thing that hits from the back court all the time. That's one of the reasons I like her so much. She's also a good blocker.

• The most important players for Turkey's success in last ECH were Eda, Naz, Simge and Zehra. This 4 are starters in their clubs and still playing very well. Wings were not decisive anyways so not playing full time doesn't make a huge difference for Turkey. By the way Ebrar has been playing as starter mostly but as OH.

I doubt that Guidetti would take the risk to take young and inexperienced players Tuğba or Derya to an important tournament such as OGQ. Only addition to the team would be Aslı Kalaç who has been playing amazing so far at both blocking and attacking, given that Kübra won't be ready yet after her injury. Or Yasemin Güveli could be taken as backup since she has shown good performances.

Neriman as OH would have been a huge addition to this young roster. We need experienced players at wings. I indeed would like to see Güldeniz with the team if Guidetti will be doing some changes in the roster. She is the best local receiver in the Turkish league

Zehra doesn’t play so well in ECH which Kubra replace her in several matches

• I was gonna write about that.

Some leagues will have a 2 week break for the OG qualification. I'm surprised Japan won't do the same.

But I don't think Toyota or any team can stop her or any player from playing for the NT. In this case she would have to leave her team when they need her the most.

Japanese national team doesn’t have to worry about other countries events. They moved the playoffs up this season to give the national team as much training time as possible.

Even if every team in Japan had a European player on their squad, it would only be 12 players. Even now, I can’t see Toyota releasing Neriman for these qualifiers.

• Oh, my mistake about the libero.

Japanese national team doesn’t have to worry about other countries events. They moved the playoffs up this season to give the national team as much training time as possible.

Even if every team in Japan had a European player on their squad, it would only be 12 players. Even now, I can’t see Toyota releasing Neriman for these qualifiers.

When does the japan league end?

• Sorry but Senna Usic coudn't play for NT for Olympics QT because her club didn't let go. She was in Chine in that time...

• But seriously, cant they move Toyota's matches a week later and such? Neriman is desperately needed in the NT knowing how our wings are doing/not doing currently in their clubs. This all depends on Guidetti's ego, lets see if he is becoming more mature or risking to miss Olympics.

I agree on serdar . My squad for qualifications would be:

Setters: Naz, Cansu

OHs and OPPs: Ebrar, Hande (not sure about her at this point unfortunately), Neriman, Meliha, Guldeniz and Meryem (having a good season)

MBs: Eda, Zehra, Kubra, Asli Kalac

Liberos: Simge and Gizem Örge

If Kubra cannot recover until the qualifiers, I would pick Fatma or Seyma Ercan (unfortunately) to have one more receiving OH (which she is not :S). Both are having a bad season so far in my opinion.

I think Neriman should be considered as opposite and come in with double substitution. Guldeniz is a very important addition since she makes really good defense in zone 6 and has consistent serves. When receiving fails, she can come in to stabilize it with her experience.

• Neriman and Guldeniz are like best friends. They played beachvolley together last year. If Neriman decides to come back Guldeniz can come back as well. She is playing in starting six in Galatasaray and she would be more useful than Seyma. She is a great server, defender and her receiving is a lot better. My ideal roster would be:

S: Naz, Cansu

OH: Hande, Meliha, Güldeniz, Fatma

OPP: Ebrar, Neriman, Meryem

MB : Eda, Kübra, Zehra

L: Simge, Gizem

3 middle blockers are enough for me. Aslı is always good when she is playing for Galatasaray but she hasnt showed anything good when she is playing for NT. Her height is definetely a disadvantage in international area. I would like to see Yasemin instead of Aslı who is joining the NT every year but being cut at the last minute.

Is this rule valid only for Olympics qualifying?

Some Brazilian clubs have refused to let their players go to the NT for a few times already.

• As far as I know, Matthias is right and in theory the clubs are obligated to let their players go to the NT competitions, just like players cannot refuse to play if invited, or they could be suspended. However, those rules are very rarely enforced, if ever.

• As far as I know, Matthias is right and in theory the clubs are obligated to let their players go to the NT competitions, just like players cannot refuse to play if invited, or they could be suspended. However, those rules are very rarely enforced, if ever.

That's weird. I remember Lucarelli was not part of last year's WCH because his club did not let him go. Thaisa has been denied by Osasco a few years ago too (in a smaller competition), among other examples...

Also, almost 10 players refused to play in Brazil NT this year. I do not think any of them got any suspension. I had never heard about that.

• All of the clubs and institutions are obligated to let players play at FIVB tournaments as they are under reign of FIVB.:/

I remember that some years ago World Grand Champions Cup was out of that rule and Italian Seria A2 didn't have to let players play at this tournament, but the rest was mandatory.