2020 Olympic Games - qualification

• omg is this true? Hello Poland insiders

"Hello !

We have a big scandal here in Poland on the eve of the European qualifier tournament in January ! 13 out of 15 players who participated on Eurovolley have signed the letter in which they demanded from the PZPS (Polish Volleyball Association)to sack coach Jacek Nawrocki immediately (only Magdalena Stysiak and Maria Stenzel refused to sign it). It's not clear when exactly the letter was presented to PZPS or what charges against Nawrocki it contains but according to some reports the players said it is impossible for them to work with him anymore because he doesn't communicate with the team, loses his temper during practices and abuses them and doesn't keep in touch with the players during the league season.

The letter comes as a big surprise, it seemed the atmposhere around the team was significantly better then few years ago.The part about Nawrocki being abusive is also shocking , he always appeared as a mild-mannered, respectful and humble person.

What was the reaction from PZPS : also shocking, they renewed Nawrocki's contract to 2022 , regardless of what the outcome of the January's tournament will be !!!

What a mess !!!"

• It was confirmed on the Serbian NT thread by WZP

• CRO had russian players in the past? naturalized ones?

Cuban players plays in more countries around the world, but Serbs mentioned only Croatian NT. Some Russian girl came to Mladost Zagreb in lately 80' before Serbian war agression against Croatia (when we live in criminal comunist Jugoslavia wiht Serbs) and stay here during the war agression time, and played for Croatian NT....

Italian NT have 3 african girls, if we talk honestly

• Cuban players plays in more countries around the world, but Serbs mentioned only Croatian NT. Some Russian girl came to Mladost Zagreb in lately 80' before Serbian war agression against Croatia (when we live in criminal comunist Jugoslavia wiht Serbs) and stay here during the war agression time, and played for Croatian NT....

Italian NT have 3 african girls, if we talk honestly

Why being so sensitive? Are you alright? Nobody's saying anything, no one's criticizing it, Jesus, get a life!

• did they represent the SU before or after that period?

Yes cebukhina sidorenko and kirillova plyaed for SU they were part of the gold medal team of 88 and they are also in the starting six...kirillova played till 1990 with the soviets..while.sidorenko 1992 with the cis team and chebukhina till 1993 with the newly formed russian federation

• Korea will qualify then!

It should be that way.

• Why? Russia is a European country, so European country should replace Russia :cup:

Yes Russia is european country but they qualified through the International qual tournament analogous to that it makes more sense that second place country from that group and tournament take a ticket to Tokyo.

• Winners of the Intercontinental OQT's qualify for the OGs. If for any reason the 1st place winner can't/isn't allowed to go, the first runner up should take its place. So runner-up Korea SHOULD take Russia's place for OGs.

• I'm sure that at least in case Korea qualifies in the Asian tournament, FIVB will award the vacancy to the highest bidder team from anywhere in the world most deserving to be at the olympics and not to Canada (third after Russia and Korea).

• I'm sure that at least in case Korea qualifies in the Asian tournament, FIVB will award the vacancy to the highest bidder team from anywhere in the world most deserving to be at the olympics and not to Canada (third after Russia and Korea).

As soon as the verdict is out for Russian NT, I hope FIVB already has a plan on how to take this matter on. To avoid complications, I hope it happens before Asian qualifiers.

• As soon as the verdict is out for Russian NT, I hope FIVB already has a plan on how to take this matter on. To avoid complications, I hope it happens before Asian qualifiers.

FIVB would probably use World Rankings to put the best team in that is not in, if they wait until after qualifiers in January. I think the FIVB cannot make a decision until the IOC makes theirs.

• No Korea doesn't deserves to go if they don't qualify from Asian QT.

Turkey or Ned May not be their but some middle level NT should go. Just no.

• If Korea doesn't qualify via the Asian QT, I still think that they should take Russia's spot as the 2nd placers in their group during the Intercontinental OQT. It just feels morally and technically right for them to be there if that ever happens.

• No Korea doesn't deserves to go if they don't qualify from Asian QT.

Turkey or Ned May not be their but some middle level NT should go. Just no.

South Korea is a middle level NT. South Korea is a more historically accomplished team than both Turkey or Netherlands.

South Korea is the runner-up of Russia of their IOQT group.

What more do you want from South Korea?

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda