2020 Olympic Games - qualification

• Why? Russia is a European country, so European country should replace Russia :cup:

Yes Russia is european country but they qualified through the International qual tournament analogous to that it makes more sense that second place country from that group and tournament take a ticket to Tokyo.

• Winners of the Intercontinental OQT's qualify for the OGs. If for any reason the 1st place winner can't/isn't allowed to go, the first runner up should take its place. So runner-up Korea SHOULD take Russia's place for OGs.

• I'm sure that at least in case Korea qualifies in the Asian tournament, FIVB will award the vacancy to the highest bidder team from anywhere in the world most deserving to be at the olympics and not to Canada (third after Russia and Korea).

• I'm sure that at least in case Korea qualifies in the Asian tournament, FIVB will award the vacancy to the highest bidder team from anywhere in the world most deserving to be at the olympics and not to Canada (third after Russia and Korea).

As soon as the verdict is out for Russian NT, I hope FIVB already has a plan on how to take this matter on. To avoid complications, I hope it happens before Asian qualifiers.

• As soon as the verdict is out for Russian NT, I hope FIVB already has a plan on how to take this matter on. To avoid complications, I hope it happens before Asian qualifiers.

FIVB would probably use World Rankings to put the best team in that is not in, if they wait until after qualifiers in January. I think the FIVB cannot make a decision until the IOC makes theirs.

• No Korea doesn't deserves to go if they don't qualify from Asian QT.

Turkey or Ned May not be their but some middle level NT should go. Just no.

• If Korea doesn't qualify via the Asian QT, I still think that they should take Russia's spot as the 2nd placers in their group during the Intercontinental OQT. It just feels morally and technically right for them to be there if that ever happens.

• No Korea doesn't deserves to go if they don't qualify from Asian QT.

Turkey or Ned May not be their but some middle level NT should go. Just no.

South Korea is a middle level NT. South Korea is a more historically accomplished team than both Turkey or Netherlands.

South Korea is the runner-up of Russia of their IOQT group.

What more do you want from South Korea?

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• What happened to all those snowflakes claiming the importance of diversity in Olympic games? Now it is about a European team, but an Asian team should take the spot. Hypocrisy at its finest!:down:

• Yes it should be European country, because Europe has stronger NT...

• He wants it to be European.

Turkey is going to move to South America so there's an opening :)

• What happened to all those snowflakes claiming the importance of diversity in Olympic games? Now it is about a European team, but an Asian team should take the spot. Hypocrisy at its finest!:down:

Yea omg this is crazy. Like ppl preaching a European spot should be taken by an Asian one. The exact same ppl desperately protesting a month earlier that we need to keep the continents initial spots. SIS wut! How do you take yourself seriously lmao.

• South Korea is a middle level NT. South Korea is a more historically accomplished team than both Turkey or Netherlands.

South Korea is the runner-up of Russia of their IOQT group.

What more do you want from South Korea?

Wtf History or Korean NT has to do with Olympics, if they are not on good level and when you have way better European countries waiting for their chance.

• Yeah people, you can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't first argue that continental quota should be kept (primarily to preserve the presence of African teams), and than in the next moment argue that taking a European team's spot by Asian team is fine. Principles of inclusivity should also be applicable to European teams, just as same as African or Asian ones. Otherwise, you are merely paddling inclusivity as a particularly cynical self-serving device.