2020 Olympic Games - qualification

• What is the European Quota? I missed that part.

Turkey should go if Russia can't make it. Last chance to represent Europe before moving to South America

• Yeah people, you can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't first argue that continental quota should be kept (primarily to preserve the presence of African teams), and than in the next moment argue that taking a European team's spot by Asian team is fine. Principles of inclusivity should also be applicable to European teams, just as same as African or Asian ones. Otherwise, you are merely paddling inclusivity as a particularly cynical self-serving device.

It’s not quite so simple though because Russia took an intercontinental spot not a European one. Despite that, I don’t think it’s very fair for Korea just to inherit the spot because they would have qualified just by beating Canada and Mexico which is absurdly easy.

• Well, hopefully Russia doesn't get banned, so this will all be irrelevant.

If they still do, the FIVB should have an additional qualifying round (LOL, not gonna happen, I know), or the highest ranked team that missed on the qualifying should get the spot. It would be far from ideal, but it's at least a somewhat objective criterion.

In any case, South Korea should NOT get the spot automatically for beating Mexico and Canada.

• Nor do apparently you...

• Best solution is to have a final lucky loser tournament involving all teams that wants to participate. My pick is 8 teams, at least 1 from every confederation, based on ranking.

• If Russia were ban, probably Russia x South Korea should be considered W.O, maybe? So I think the easiest way is to give the spot to KOR, especially because it is not feasible to find some schedule to some other qualifier... And I think it is fair, okay, Russia is European, but the spot wasn't given in European Quali... It is the best option, imo

• I thought it was this tournament but I guess not ... wasn't there a tournament this past summer where France kind of surprised everyone. Quality play. Good Libero. Or am I mis-remembering?

• I thought it was this tournament but I guess not ... wasn't there a tournament this past summer where France kind of surprised everyone. Quality play. Good Libero. Or am I mis-remembering?

Maybe thinking of the European Championship? They surprised everyone by beating Bulgaria, though the rest of the tournament didn’t got so well for them.

• Maybe thinking of the European Championship? They surprised everyone by beating Bulgaria, though the rest of the tournament didn’t got so well for them.

I was thinking I might have mixed up France with Bulgaria (ie, teams I'm not very familiar with), so that could be it but I just searched that thread too and didn't find what I expected. I remember commenting on a libero, and others made happy comments about a few other players, and the team in general.

• Yes! I just searched Euro Champ Thread for "Finland libero" ... Bingo!

Thank you

• what kind of rule is that? RUS didn't get a ticket from europe qual., they got it from the world qualifiers...

RUS won a OG spot representing the European continent, they won a European continent spot. You can't just *drum rolls* that and replace it with a random Asian spot lmao (unless an Asian team would beat the Europeans in another tournament for the ticket) many people were talking about the OG rings, their main argument of not expanding European spots. Now nobody gives a f about the rings LOL!!

Anyways, lets see if Russia will be banned at all. Maybe their flag will be banned from OG only or someth like that.