2020 Olympic Games - qualification

• I literally don't know where to post it, but DOES ANYBODY knows how much players are earning for playing for their NT???

Sorry for off topic, but this is question that I asked myself many time.

• Really? In Germany? Wow

In Croatia, Fed is in way better position with money. I think even the best days when it comes to finicans.

. I don't if they are getting some money or not but before 2012 or even later players needed to pay their own flying tickets for some tournament :gone:

• I literally don't know where to post it, but DOES ANYBODY knows how much players are earning for playing for their NT???

Thanks for giving us something else to talk about.

In china, a decent wage for NT. obviously, the bulk of the money is made when they win titles and they get endorsements, but the NT is pretty strict on it.

After the recent wc win there were many more endorsements from Lenovo, and big Chinese companies.

And part of the benefits that NT players and provincial team players get is job assignment after they retire. The value of the job depends on NT medals of course (OG > WCh = WC) followed by league and national games results (which is played by provincial team, and no transfers allowed, occurring every year after Olympics)

In Serbia also nothing, but for every medal on Olympic games, Wolrd champ and European champ they got a compensation depending on the shine and the competition.

For Olympic(compensation per player)

gold 35k€

silver 30k€

bronze 25k€

World champ

gold 30k€

silver 25k€

bronze 20k€

European champ

gold 20k€

silver 15k€

bronze 10k€

• The term second tier european teams was originally used to indicate teams like germany, bulgaria, azerbajian etc. some people here say asian teams wouldn't win against these teams, that's why this discussion starts.

• So, how do you divide the European teams into tiers?

For me it's pretty obvious that Serbia and Italy are a cut above the rest. Beyond that I've no clue.

• So, how do you divide the European teams into tiers?

For me it's pretty obvious that Serbia and Italy are a cut above the rest. Beyond that I've no clue.

I think they are in another level too. But we were talking about South korea, thailand vs germany, bulgaria, azerbajian before, and that was called a second tier european teams.

I think european team level could be divided into

Serbia Italy

Russia Turkey Netherlands Poland

Germany Bulgaria Azerbajian Belgium

• I think they are in another level too. But we were talking about South korea, thailand vs germany, bulgaria, azerbajian before, and that was called a second tier european teams.

I think european team level could be divided into

Serbia Italy

Russia Turkey Netherlands Poland

Germany Bulgaria Azerbajian Belgium

i agree with this division, so according to this, I believe THA-KOR are not better than second tier teams although they can beat them once in every 5 years but they're on the same level with third tier European teams. I hope this would make the discussion more clear

• I think korea's standing would be somewhere between turkey-netherlands or netherlands- poland.

And thailand's standing would be between poland-germany or germany-bulgaria.

I agree that two asian teams has lower chance to winning against matches with 2nd group(7:3, varying from which nations to compete),and higher chances of winning against matches with 3rd group. (3:7, varying from which nations to compete)

But I mentioned before, I was originally saying that 2 asian teams were better than this group 3, which was called the 2nd tier european teams in our previous discussion.

Also I agree that european teams get disadvataged from this OQ system, but please don't go so far like euros will get all the tickets if OQ were to be held worldwide. If we do that, I think 5(or maybe 6) tickets will go to europe except for host nation.

• Korean NT's entry is released.

OH Kim yeonkoung Lee jaeyeong Kang sowhi Pyo seungju

Opp Kim heejin Park jeongah

MB Yang hyojin Kim suji Han songyi Lee juah

S Lee dayeong Yeun hyesun

Li Oh jiyoung Kim haeran

Little surpsise that Han songyi came back to NT after 2014. She was OH before but now as a MB.

Lee juah is a surprise too, she has not been performing that well in league or NT.

Lee soyeong is injured so she is out.

Korean NT decided to start their training from 16th december which is one week earlier than expected. Thailand NT has been preparing for OQ since October and that makes Korean NT start training earlier than expected.

Lavarini will be joining team in 28th of december because of the schedule of Italian league.

• Han Songyi? Wasn't she the one who help KYK through their amazing Olympic run in London?

• Han Songyi? Wasn't she the one who help KYK through their amazing Olympic run in London?

Right. She helped Kim yeonkoung a lot in London Olympics and made it into semifinals.

She changed her position to MB a few years ago, and she works good very good this season, and that's why Lavarini called her as MB.

• I always like her calm presence on court. What happened that made her switch to MB?

As she gets older, I remember in 2014-15 her team's coach made her play as MB. She was quote not good for several years, and was not in the starting line up. However in this year she plays really good, and that's why lavarini chose her.

• Russia can appeal to the decision within 3 weeks which will take the case to CAS but as far as I know, cases take long time to decision in CAS. I will be surprised if they change the decision though.

• Russia can appeal to the decision within 3 weeks which will take the case to CAS but as far as I know, cases take long time to decision in CAS. I will be surprised if they change the decision though.

Wow... then how long does it take to make it into the final decision??

• Well, shit. This opens up all kinds of can of worms.

In any case, I think it is clear that FIVB cannot possibly reach a decision on how to choose the replacement before the continental qualifications (unless it goes openly to the highest bidder, which I doubt even FIVB will be shameless enough to do, but they can still do it behind closed doors, and think up some bullshit excuse afterward) .