2020 Olympic Games - qualification

• Wow, no Beyza or Yasemin:white: And Tugba made it:lol: That's saying something about the OHs, no one's clearly superior than one another.

I don’t really see a problem here to be honest. These 3 MBs were the best that one could take, it would have been a shame not to take Asli. Beyza is still AWOL in terms of performances and Yasemin showed some progress but is not being used regularly. I hope it will change.

only surprise is Ayca but Aylin was terrible in the first half and I would take Gizem Orge although she has been shaky lately. It is rumored Gui and Gizem have problems and Gizem didn’t want to participate, wanted to rest during this time. Due to her divorce, she took last summer off but I do not understand this time why she didn’t come.

The Netherlands still is the favorite to me. With their new coach, they seem in better control of the roles, I am sure Meijners-Buijs duo will have lots of problems in the receiving but Maret will be the solution there. I doubt it will be as easy as it was in ECH. As I said when he was first announced, Caprara might take them to Olympics but he is not the correct coach to depend for the future.

• Turkish OHs are so weak. Neriman should be there.

• Turkish OHs are so weak. Neriman should be there.

yes but she wasn’t with the team for the last two years. She doesn’t have any chemistry with the girls and she wouldn’t be the solution in my opinion. She should have been in the team at least for ECH and it would have been really nice to see what she could bring to this team. It would be silly to bring her for a tournament that has only a week or so preparation time. Given the fact that she is rumored to be a bit troubled person. But also it is the last chance for the Olympics, management should have planned it better.

• Meijners is back after 12 years and is already playing as a starter.

• I expect Ebrar to play as OH unless Meryem screws up real bad at OPP and Guidetti needs her there more.

Seeing Ebrar handling good with the receiving I expect this way too. Meliha-Ebrar-Meryem will be starter and when the change will be needed Hande will come as OH and Ebrar to OPP. I wish Hande had more court time this season but Motta never uses her in big matches or Champions league.

Naz-Meryem, Eda-Zehra, Meliha-Ebrar, Simge looks like the best available now.

My favourite in this tournament is The Netherlands. Meijners coming bact to team is a great addition for them considering Plak,Grothues and Slötjes not in a good form.

• Do any of our Turkish friends know what are Eda's plans for the future, as far as NT goes? Will she retire after Tokyo, if they qualify, or continue to play?

• On one hand, it's a great symbolism to have OG as your last tournament in NT dress, but Turkey has a good chance of finally winning a gold, in Eurovolley 2021, so she might decide to stay for another year, to try to retire with the shiniest medal around her neck.

I also ask because Yasemin has very little chance of gaining a significant NT experience as long as Eda is there, so...

• Do any of our Turkish friends know what are Eda's plans for the future, as far as NT goes? Will she retire after Tokyo, if they qualify, or continue to play?

I believe she will retire after Olympics. If Turkey cant qualify even this tournament can be last;(

• south american Q happening next week. the below from ARG fed. website, with the ARG roster (no sosa?) and schedule.

La Selección Argentina Femenina realizó en la mañana de este lunes el último entrenamiento del año de cara al Preolímpico Sudamericano de Bogotá, Colombia, que se disputará del 7 al 9 de enero. El entrenador Hernán Ferraro dio a conocer la lista de 14 jugadoras que asumirán el desafío de la clasificación rumbo a Tokio 2020.

Armadoras: Azul Benítez y Victoria Mayer

Opuestas: Lucía Fresco y Sol Piccolo

Centrales: Julieta Lazcano, Bianca Farriol, Candelaria Herrera, Victoria Michel Tosi

Puntas: Yamila Nizetich, Elina Rodríguez, Daniela Bulaich, Daniela Nielson, Mariángeles Cossar

Líbero: Tatiana Rizzo

El equipo volverá a trabajar el próximo 2 de enero por la mañana, y atenderá a la prensa en horas del mediodía. El día 3 viajará rumbo a Bogotá para enfrentar los 3 partidos del cuadrangular clasificatorio.

FIXTURE (HORARIO ARGENTINA)

Enero 7 - 2020

20:00 hs. Argentina vs. Perú

22:30 hs. Venezuela vs. Colombia

Enero 8 - 2020

20:00 hs. Argentina vs. Venezuela

22:30 hs. Perú vs. Colombia

Enero 9 - 2020

20:00 hs. Perú vs. Venezuela

22:30 hs. Argentina vs. Colombia

• No knockout stage and just one round robin??

• 3rd match

GER - NED 2-3 (25-23, 14-25, 21-25, 29-27, 17-25)

GER: Hanke 3, Lippmann 27, Geerties 9, Orthmann 6, Schölzel 10, Weitzel 13, Pogany L; Möllers 0, Drewniok 2, Poll 2, Stigrot 0, Barber 0, Bock L.

NED: Dijkema 2, Sloetjes 8, Buijs 9, Meijners 13, De Kruijf 13, Belien 7, Schoot L; Bongaerts 5, Plak 8, Daalderop 11, Balkestein 9, Jasper 1, Koolhaas 8, Lohuis 3, Knip L.

Looks like Germany used the match to make the starting six play together as much as possible whereas the Dutch again rotated a lot. Orthmann only 6 pts in 5 sets worries me a lot ?(

Judging from the line-up today and two days ago, probably Ambrosius and Vanjak will be cut from German roster, though personally I think Vanjak can be more useful than Stigrot.