2020 Olympic Games - qualification

• Dimitrova, todorova and ruseva are very good to be benched 😶

• I know that DR is training in Brazil (I have no idea why LOL the qualifying will take place at their own home) at Ze Roberto's training center.

I saw Pena, Bethania and Eve practicing. I don't know about the others but they're probably the same 14 as usual. If I see any sign of Castillo, I will tell you.

• Poland for Apeldoorn:

Setters:

Marlena Kowalewska (Grupa Azoty Chemik Police)

Joanna Wołosz (Imoco Volley Conegliano – ITA)

OPPs:

Martyna Łukasik (Grupa Azoty Chemik Police)

Malwina Smarzek-Godek (Zanetti Bergamo – ITA)

OHs:

Monika Fedusio (Bank Pocztowy Pałac Bydgoszcz)

Zuzanna Górecka (Igor Gorgonzola Novara – ITA)

Natalia Mędrzyk (Grupa Azoty Chemik Police)

Magdalena Stysiak (Savino Del Bene Scandicci – ITA)

Aleksandra Wójcik (ŁKS Commercecon Łódź)

MBs:

Klaudia Alagierska (ŁKS Commercecon Łódź)

Agnieszka Kąkolewska (Savino Del Bene Scandicci – ITA)

Anna Stencel (Bank Pocztowy Pałac Bydgoszcz)

libero:

Monika Jagła (Bank Pocztowy Pałac Bydgoszcz)

Maria Stenzel (Grot Budowlani Łódź

• DR played two friendly matches in Brazil

3x0 against Osasco

3x0 against Barueri

Both teams were with their main roster.

Castillo is with the NT.

• sidney, are you able to go to this training center? or when you say you saw them training, do you mean photos/video?

any videos of these friendlies?

The friendlies were played with closed doors. Not even journalists accessed them.

I know these information from pictures of some players using instagram and from other sources.

• Guidetti:down::roll::

He says the Dutch NT is spoiled. If they are in difficulties and going to hard time, they blame the coach and not themselves. They should havr taken their responsability. I was lucky that I did a good job with the Dutch NT, otherwise they would have fired me also, just as they did with Morrison and Vermeulen.

He is talking the Turkish team in the underdog position. He is worried about his team, because most of them aren't starters in their team. He says the Dutch are the clear favourites.

He wouldn't have called Meijners back, because he believed in sacrifice. He says she doesn't deserve to be at the Olympics. That's the reason why he doesn't call Ozsoy, because she isn't loyal.

• The Dutch would be uncomfortable with his interview. He tries to underestimate turkish NT in case he got no olympic tickets.

Also he criticized the Dutch's fall is because of their players, not the coach. But I think Morrison takes huge responsibility for the performances of dutch NT.

Blaming other NT for their roster is ill-mannered I think. It's their choice, so there's no room for him to say some words about it. If he thinks it is bad choice, then it would be beneficial for turkey, why make some noise?

This interview is clearly aimed to provoke the dutch, and it doesn't seem very good.🤔

• As Agayev, new head coach of Azerbaijan criticised Caprara's leave and expressed his new target of establishment of a new NT system, this OQ is just regarded as a test tournament to the young players, so the veterans like OH - Aliyeva and MB - Hasanova will not participate in. But huge stars, Rahimova and Samadova were both back.

here is the final 13 players

S: Yagubova, Alishanova

OP: Rahimova, Kurbanova, Azizova

OH: Samadova, Salbishvili, Bashnakova

MB: Abdulazimova, Pavlenko, Kirilyuk

L: Karimova, Aliyeva

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• The Dutch would be uncomfortable with his interview. He tries to underestimate turkish NT in case he got no olympic tickets.

Also he criticized the Dutch's fall is because of their players, not the coach. But I think Morrison takes huge responsibility for the performances of dutch NT.

Blaming other NT for their roster is ill-mannered I think. It's their choice, so there's no room for him to say some words about it. If he thinks it is bad choice, then it would be beneficial for turkey, why make some noise?

This interview is clearly aimed to provoke the dutch, and it doesn't seem very good.🤔

I agree with you. He is trying to provoke the Dutch team. He shouldn't talk about other coach's player choices. He didn't take Ozsoy but he will be the main target in case turkey don't make it to Olympics. He knows that so he is trying to blame others already.

• Mental games by Gui. He is a quintessential "cunning as a fox" type of coach, and just like a fox, he isn't above some (legitimate) dirty tactics, like trying to mentally derail an opponent he perceives to be a main rival.;)

• I agree with you. He is trying to provoke the Dutch team. He shouldn't talk about other coach's player choices. He didn't take Ozsoy but he will be the main target in case turkey don't make it to Olympics. He knows that so he is trying to blame others already.

I mean Turkey with him has improved, but still have not gone on to win a major title. Watching him during timeouts looking frustrated at his Turkish team in the World Champs in 2018 was hilarious.

Hell, he has essentially an all star team at Vakifbank, that is really not Turkish. Is it taking a shot at Sloetjes?

I guess he wants to burn all of his friendships in the Netherlands then.

• that means, there is no experienced player on bench at Opp, OH, MB and libero...good work Nawrocki :down: there should be Zaroslinska, Maj, one of Efimienko/Tokarska/Witkowska/Polanska, on OH hard to say but for sure not Fedusio or Gorecka (just one of them)..the girls from Palac dont even play champions league or some european cup, they will be lost on this level for now