2020 Olympic Games - qualification

• that means, there is no experienced player on bench at Opp, OH, MB and libero...good work Nawrocki :down: there should be Zaroslinska, Maj, one of Efimienko/Tokarska/Witkowska/Polanska, on OH hard to say but for sure not Fedusio or Gorecka (just one of them)..the girls from Palac dont even play champions league or some european cup, they will be lost on this level for now

There has to be some explanation why we lost - young and unexperienced team.

• Praying for Dutch going to Olympics, and Mejiners as top scorer..... :win:

• Azerbaijan new approaches in volleyball system establishment,

1. to absorb more talented neutralised players (14-16 years old) to play in Azerbaijan clubs, to copy the success of Uzbek Rahimova.

2. dispatch more players to higher leagues, especially strengthen the cooperation with Asian clubs, e.g.

Rahimova, formerly in Korea, now in Sesi Bauru Brazil

Mammadova in Liaoning, China

Kulan in Toray Arrows, Japan

Pozniak, in Philippines

Odina Aliyeva, in Jakarta Pertamina Energy Club, Indonesia

3. the experienced players shall work for the NT or clubs

e.g. Mammadova will be appointed the coach of a club called "Mubariz"

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• 3. the experienced players shall work for the NT or clubs

e.g. Mammadova will be appointed the coach of a club called "Mubariz"

Do you have any info about azeri league 2020? How many teams will compete? I see 'Mubariz' is a new one.

• Wow now I want Netherlands to win it if ever they face Turkey in the finals. Such a bad taste for having to speak about them. Not your team anymore Gio!

Mental games by Gui. He is a quintessential "cunning as a fox" type of coach, and just like a fox, he isn't above some (legitimate) dirty tactics, like trying to mentally derail an opponent he perceives to be a main rival.;)

Guidetti would like to emulate JLP’s record which is hard to beat or surpass. JLP is one of a kind. Hall of Famer - inducted twice one as coach and another as player. JLP is low-key and humble. Me too I would like the Netherlands to win.

• I mean we all know Guidetti is a great coach but has a very nasty personality. Indeed this is simply uncalled for...

However, I'm not surprised by these statements at all :lol: at least now the OQT will be even more exciting.

• Can I have the link to this interview btw?

• OMG :rolll: Giovanni did the interview with 'De Telegraaf' out of all newspapers he could have talked to :lol::rolll::lol::rolll::rolll: DEAD.

For curious people, here is the link to the article: https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport…e-zijn-een-beetje-verwend

Gio def tries to play the dark horse role and to some extent ofc he has a point. Netherlands are the best ranked ones and have had the biggest success. Turkey hasn't proven that much yet aside from Ech and are more in a Italy 2016 role I would say. Then again, Italy made it in 2016 so we will see.

• OMG :rolll: Giovanni did the interview with 'De Telegraaf' out of all newspapers he could have talked to :lol::rolll::lol::rolll::rolll: DEAD.

For curious people, here is the link to the article: https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport…e-zijn-een-beetje-verwend

Gio def tries to play the dark horse role and to some extent ofc he has a point. Netherlands are the best ranked ones and have had the biggest success. Turkey hasn't proven that much yet aside from Ech and are more in a Italy 2016 role I would say. Then again, Italy made it in 2016 so we will see.

You found it your yourself:)

• what club will Pozniak play in Philippines?

• Nice interview by Gio. He puts Netherlands as favorite, takes stress out from his players and makes Dutch girls even angrier to himself. Dutch girls are not like Brazilians, playing mental game with them works.

After QF game in ECH, Naz said that "Dutch girls were very nervous to play against Gio and they couldn't handle the pressure."

• Santarelli's 14 roster of Croatia

S (2): Brcic, Deak

OP (2): Fabris, Gamma (Popovic)

OH (3): Mlinar, Pavicic, Ikic

MB (5): Samadan, Dumancic, Strunjak, Butigan, Vucasovic

L (2): Sain, Bozcevic

to be me...

• Do you have any info about azeri league 2020? How many teams will compete? I see 'Mubariz' is a new one.

2019-20 Azerbaijan Championship "Super Liga" has 6 clubs to complete, Azerreyl, Lokomotiv, Absheron, Mubariz, UNEC, and Gurcustan.

But famous players are all palying outside the country.

Rahimova, in Sesi Bauru, Brazil

Mammadova in Liaoning Huajun, China

Kulan in Toray Arrows, Japan

Samadova in Leningradka, Russia

Hasanova in Volero Le Cannet, France

Yagubova in Lipetsk, Russia

Bezsonova in CSM Alba Blaj, Romania

Alishanova in Jaszbereny, Hungary

Abdulazimova in Vasas Obuda Budapest, Hungary

Aliyeva (setter) in Jakarta Power, Indonesia

to be me...

Edited once, last by pappi: adding info ().

• Gui has some points though. Morrison is not the only one to blame. Sloetjes is on a decline for a couple of years so as Buijs. De Kruijf has also slowed down. Plak never really improved to be an effective OH hence the result. Jamie could’ve used some tactical reinforcements but the bench is not really deep enough to do such things.

I’m betting a Poland win for a ticket to Tokyo.

• Gui has some points though. Morrison is not the only one to blame. Sloetjes is on a decline for a couple of years so as Buijs. De Kruijf has also slowed down. Plak never really improved to be an effective OH hence the result. Jamie could’ve used some tactical reinforcements but the bench is not really deep enough to do such things.

I’m betting a Poland win for a ticket to Tokyo.

I agree the players have to take some responsibility for poor results and I think Morrison has been a bit of an easy target as he is expected to get the same results as Guidetti did, despite a clear decline shown by some of the star players. But it’s not Guidetti’s place to be making negative public comments about the Dutch players, especially since he has worked closely with them, these comments will probably hurt.

Personally I think he should just focus on his own team but he is clearly playing mind games here and if the Dutch girls underperform vs Turkey then it’s a successful attempt to distract by him, even if some people don’t like it.