2020 Olympic Games - qualification

• Nice interview by Gio. He puts Netherlands as favorite, takes stress out from his players and makes Dutch girls even angrier to himself. Dutch girls are not like Brazilians, playing mental game with them works.

After QF game in ECH, Naz said that "Dutch girls were very nervous to play against Gio and they couldn't handle the pressure."

• Santarelli's 14 roster of Croatia

S (2): Brcic, Deak

OP (2): Fabris, Gamma (Popovic)

OH (3): Mlinar, Pavicic, Ikic

MB (5): Samadan, Dumancic, Strunjak, Butigan, Vucasovic

L (2): Sain, Bozcevic

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Do you have any info about azeri league 2020? How many teams will compete? I see 'Mubariz' is a new one.

2019-20 Azerbaijan Championship "Super Liga" has 6 clubs to complete, Azerreyl, Lokomotiv, Absheron, Mubariz, UNEC, and Gurcustan.

But famous players are all palying outside the country.

Rahimova, in Sesi Bauru, Brazil

Mammadova in Liaoning Huajun, China

Kulan in Toray Arrows, Japan

Samadova in Leningradka, Russia

Hasanova in Volero Le Cannet, France

Yagubova in Lipetsk, Russia

Bezsonova in CSM Alba Blaj, Romania

Alishanova in Jaszbereny, Hungary

Abdulazimova in Vasas Obuda Budapest, Hungary

Aliyeva (setter) in Jakarta Power, Indonesia

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

Edited once, last by pappi: adding info ().

• Gui has some points though. Morrison is not the only one to blame. Sloetjes is on a decline for a couple of years so as Buijs. De Kruijf has also slowed down. Plak never really improved to be an effective OH hence the result. Jamie could’ve used some tactical reinforcements but the bench is not really deep enough to do such things.

I’m betting a Poland win for a ticket to Tokyo.

• Gui has some points though. Morrison is not the only one to blame. Sloetjes is on a decline for a couple of years so as Buijs. De Kruijf has also slowed down. Plak never really improved to be an effective OH hence the result. Jamie could’ve used some tactical reinforcements but the bench is not really deep enough to do such things.

I agree the players have to take some responsibility for poor results and I think Morrison has been a bit of an easy target as he is expected to get the same results as Guidetti did, despite a clear decline shown by some of the star players. But it’s not Guidetti’s place to be making negative public comments about the Dutch players, especially since he has worked closely with them, these comments will probably hurt.

Personally I think he should just focus on his own team but he is clearly playing mind games here and if the Dutch girls underperform vs Turkey then it’s a successful attempt to distract by him, even if some people don’t like it.

• LOL, 3 OHs and 5MBs, it's like Karch taking 3 setters:rolll:

Vukasović is opposite (she was converted from MB)

And Popović-Gamma played as OH for national team

• BUL 1-0 2 points

FRA 1-1 4 points

SRB 1-1 3 points

NED 0-1 0 points

Pool B standings.

Man, Bulgaria got the short end of the stick. they play 3 straight games and the last 2 are both 1st-scheduled games (1400/1430). 😭 Hope they get to the semis. France, I think is assured of a semis slot now.

• Wrong thread.

• LOL, 3 OHs and 5MBs, it's like Karch taking 3 setters:rolll:

I don't get it, where is Klaric :what:

Vukasovic can play as OPP, but for me She is Way better as MB.

Popovic can play as OH.

We don't have good OH so this 3 are just fine :lol::gone:

Gui is right. Netherlands finished 4th at 2018 WCh and Morrison took over after Rio.

Poland has reasonable chances but I think Netherlands/Turkey is more likely to win. Assuming they don't choke as usual.

• I agree the players have to take some responsibility for poor results and I think Morrison has been a bit of an easy target as he is expected to get the same results as Guidetti did, despite a clear decline shown by some of the star players. But it’s not Guidetti’s place to be making negative public comments about the Dutch players, especially since he has worked closely with them, these comments will probably hurt.

Personally I think he should just focus on his own team but he is clearly playing mind games here and if the Dutch girls underperform vs Turkey then it’s a successful attempt to distract by him, even if some people don’t like it.

The way I see it, you are both right. The timing of Gui's jumping of ship was very fortunate to his reputation, because even he, with all his tactical brilliance, would not have helped the 2017-2019 Dutch team achieve more than they did under Morrison (and not just because of the decline of some of the most important players, but due to the competition as well). Maybe he would have found a way to punch his way to another silver at last year's ECh, but that's about it. However, there is no way to spin his interview as anything other than dirty tactics and mind play.

But that's yet another aspect of "Guidetti as a fox" type of coach he is. You can view him as an underhanded and sleazy man, or as clever and far-sighted, depending on who you ask. One thing he most definitely is not, however, is boring.

• I would still say Turkey and Netherlands are favourites. Poland is more of the 2-years tale, they have probably highest potential to grow and in 1-2 years time probably will be strongest of the 3. Also I think Poland has highest chances to cause an upset to favourite like Brazil or Serbia of the 3.

But considering the formula of the tournament and that of the 3 Poland is the youngest team I would say The Netherlands will make it unless Sloetjes is really bad. Turkey will be worse than in ECH and their OHs and Karakurt are really unpredictable.

• any link for today matches?

• For Asian OQT, the 1st match (Iran - Kazakhstan) is live on AVC's facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Asian…35536/?v=2208370246135536

For the 2nd and 3rd matches each day, it will broadcast on Amarin TV (Thailand TV).

https://www.amarintv.com/live-tv/ (May need VPN to Thailand)

Note that 1st match will play at 13:00, 2nd match at 15:30 and 3rd match at 18:00. All time is Thailand time (GMT+7).

• I would still say Turkey and Netherlands are favourites. Poland is more of the 2-years tale, they have probably highest potential to grow and in 1-2 years time probably will be strongest of the 3. Also I think Poland has highest chances to cause an upset to favourite like Brazil or Serbia of the 3.

But considering the formula of the tournament and that of the 3 Poland is the youngest team I would say The Netherlands will make it unless Sloetjes is really bad. Turkey will be worse than in ECH and their OHs and Karakurt are really unpredictable.

Poland's reception line is vulnerable with Sytsiak as OH and this will be easily exploited by good server teams such as Turkey and Netherlands. I don't really consider Poland with a realistic chance of qualifying