2020 Olympic Games - qualification

• Weitzel is serving really tough:box:

2-1 for Germany:cheesy:

• Turkey making many errors and look very shaky. Their middles are not as good as they usually are, especially Eda today. Naz is not playing great and one can tell Hande has benched this season.

Maybe start with Meliha(or Fatma/Seyma)-Ebrar and Meryem with Asli Kalaç and Zehra as MBs and Cansu Özbay as setter?

• Turkey is better when teams have time to prepare like in VNL or ECH. When you have to play during season they are weaker as many of them are on bench whole season.

• Turkey is better when teams have time to prepare like in VNL or ECH. When you have to play during season they are weaker as many of them are on bench whole season.

It’s definitely a reason for Hande’s poor performance, but I’m not sure about the rest. Naz, Eda, Zehra, Ebrar and Simge have played pretty much all the time this season. The reason Meliha hasn’t played more is that when she has played she’s been really bad.

• Congrats Germany, great win for them!👏

• Well done Germany, well deserved win, Orthmann and Lippmann were queen but also the MBs performed today!

In Turkey basically only Zehra was good, Turkey always starts bad in these tournaments. (Ech 3-2 won barely vs Finland f.e.) I'm sure Turkey'll play better upcoming matches. Ebrar has to be on court at all times.

• The good thing for turkey is that neither Poland or Bulgary are in the same pool. Belgium with all their power could put Turkey in some trouble, bit without so many good players... i dont think so!

• Insisting on Meryem at 4th set:wall: This is not an experimental friendly tournament that you can use different starting players in every set Gio. I didnt have big hopes for the tournament but after I watched this there isnt left any. When was the last time Turkey had lost to Germany?

• Congrats Germany!It may only be the first match of the tournament but it definitely shows that there are no clear favorites and until Jan 12 no one can be sure which team we'll see in Tokyo!