2020 Olympic Games - qualification

• Will there be another surprise!?!:cheesy:

• Wolosz sets to Medrzyk are way to low!

• Any news about Dobriana Raba???

• If Bulgaria protect her more in reception, I think Vasileva could win by herself... She was a machine when Novara was using false-Opp...

• Bulgaria don't want to lose this game, they are fighting with their life... It's not the most beautiful volleyball but it's beautiful nonetheless

• Stysiak is actually a pretty good defender :what: (I was about to write "...for someone her height", but in fact she's good independent from that)

I think in Italy they work a lot on her defence skills. ;)

• Stysiak is actually a pretty good defender :what: (I was about to write "...for someone her height", but in fact she's good independent from that)

I saw this in her from very first time I saw her. Despite her height she is very mobile player. She made small step up in Italy during last months, hopefully she’ll be progressing still.

She still has to improve her left wing spike and approach.

• Fun fact: in 2016, Koslowski and his team also started the tournament with a surprise win against Guidetti and his team (NED back then). However, back then Germany got eliminated despite winning two matches in the preliminaries, I hope this part of the fact won't repeat :whistle:

While checking this I had a look at the rosters from 2016 and was surprised to see that all teams except NED have changed very much. Here are the players that played in the 2016 tournament and play this year as well:

TUR - Naz, Eda, Hande

NED - Knip, Belien, Plak, De Kruijf, Balkestein, Schoot, Sloetjes, Buijs, Dijkema, Koolhaas

GER - Geerties, Lippmann

CRO - Bozicevic, Fabris, Brcic

BEL - Grobelna, Van Gestel, Van de Vyver, Ruysschaert, Lemmens

POL - Wolosz, Medrzyk

In other words: once the "old" generation of Dutch players will leave NT, it will be a very tough task to keep a high level team there. All other teams in Europe have a fair amount of talents, so the Dutch might no longer be among the top 4 there soon...