2020 Olympic Games - qualification

• Thank God that 3rd set blackout didn't backfire eventually, and thank God we had a big enough lead in 4th or it would have been the same all over again :white:

But then... :woohoo:

After the third loss i would never surprised if we go in the 5. :whistle:

• Was it? The pool with USA, CHN, SRB and NED was all kinds of crazy. That group with USA, BRA, KOR, TUR and CHN in London too. There's always potential for some good entertainment in the OGs.

London B pool was pure gold. I loved almost every single match from that pool. But I said RIO 2016, not London.

I am talking about ALL POOL stage, not only one pool. If I merge the matches from both pools in Rio, unfortunately, for me, they were way boring. The average match was boring. From QF on, it was just great.

In London, even though there were Algeria and GB, if I merge all the matches from pool stage, the average match was more enterteinment.

It is just personal opinion :win:

• Martina Samadan had great performance, even better performance in attack than both Zehra and Eda :white:

I hope She will come back in stronger team next season.

• London B pool was pure gold. I loved almost every single match from that pool. But I said RIO 2016, not London.

I am talking about ALL POOL stage, not only one pool. If I merge the matches from both pools in Rio, unfortunately, for me, they were way boring. The average match was boring. From QF on, it was just great.

In London, even though there was Algeria and GB, if I merge all the matches from pool stage, the average match was more enterteinment.

It is just personal opinion :win:

I kinda agree, I think Rio was a bit disappointing level-wise untill the later stages, at least in my opinion. What I noticed is that a lot of people agree with this as well. Olympics because of the rules occasionally can become a bit less competitive obviously, and sometimes you have London like tournaments which are epic. But none is a guarantee.

But I agree that it is not a surprise if 2020 would be boring too, I do except it to be fun one though. Especially since a lot of teams worldwide are raising their game lately. (Win it Kenya <3)

• oh yea is there still the other Q tournament? Or is it over for CEV Olympics after this?

This is it. We will know all 12 teams by the end of the week.

• I kinda agree, I think Rio was a bit disappointing level-wise untill the later stages, at least in my opinion. What I noticed is that a lot of people agree with this as well. Olympics because of the rules occasionally can become a bit less competitive obviously, and sometimes you have London like tournaments which are epic. But none is a guarantee.

But I agree that it is not a surprise if 2020 would be boring too, I do except it to be fun one though. Especially since a lot of teams worldwide are raising their game lately. (Win it Kenya <3)

If Kenya and team from south america would be seperated in the group stage, it would be much funnier to watch from the pool stage!

• Lol if Russia doesn't show, and Korea takes their IOQT place, and if Korea beats Thailand and Thailand end up getting the AVC place, I can already imagine the drama :win::win::win::win:

• Lonneke Sloëtjes is ill?( Meijners will play as opposite and Daalderop as oustide hitter.

• Yeah de Kruijf is doing a good job in the block! Daalderop with good offensive work and Schoot with some good defense.

• I mean I just checked this voleyboldefteri guy’s tweets and he says Meijners is so good coach plays with Meijners instead of Lonneke. Do you know what you even say? It was said she was ill here and of course he doesn’t even have a clue yet goes and claim bullshit.

He also asked where Daalderop plays ahahha ever heard of “Google”.

• I mean I just checked this voleyboldefteri guy’s tweets and he says Meijners is so good coach plays with Meijners instead of Lonneke. Do you know what you even say? It was said she was ill here and of course he doesn’t even have a clue yet goes and claim bullshit.

He also asked where Daalderop plays ahahha ever heard of “Google”.

Daalderop plays for Argentina men's team as libero. Except she's a woman. And Dutch. And a middle.

• Dijkema should play more with the middles, but when she does, the connection isn't great.

Kudos to Balkestein-Grothues! She lost her starting spot, but she accepted it and is very positive to her teammates! When she comes on court, she is doing a great job stabilizing the reception.