2020 Olympic Games - qualification

• I think it was Nehertland team.

Good fighting spirit from both sides.

Congrats to Poland !

Caprara was afraid to change and when he did, it was too late... NED fought really well, but when nothing is working, and your coach doesn't change, it's really difficult, specially without a go-to player... But well.. they are in the competition yet, let's hope Caprara decides not to be so stubborn... I want some Turkey x Netherlands action yet! :box:

• I really like how many surprises we've seen already in this tournament,I mean many were expecting Turkey and the Netherlands to be the favorites,but (unless Azerbajan or Croatia pull some kind of an upset tomorrow) Poland and Germany will be the ones finishing top of their respective pools.I'm rooting for one of them to grab that ticket!!

Same here! Hope to see both Germany and Poland in the final. :box:

• Tomorrow Poland will be able to choose semifinal opponent. Match Belgium-Turkey will be played before Poland’s match, so if Turkey will win, Poland to avoid them in semi will have to loose 0:3 as having worse set ratio than Netherlands.
    But I doubt it will happen as history taught us that choosing opponent won’t be profitable - in 2004 Poland lost for purpose semi match against... Azerbaijan to play semi with Turkey...

So tomorrow matches will be very interesting.

• I'm all in for underdogs. It would be cool if Germany grabbed the ticket.

• Why does not Caprara use Lohuis for serving? I remember her being a good server.

I will be happy to watch Netherlands-Germany, Poland-Turkey semi finals. If Netherlands don't solve their receiving problems, Germany can be very dangerous considering their performance from the serve line in this tournament.

• Dijkema's setting

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor my eyes gif

Why do you guys think both coaches play Dijkema? I don't think she is as bad as the hate on her but there must be some reason

Before he got fired, even Morrison prefered Bongaerts over Dijkema.

Caprara is her coach in Firenze and seems to like her a lot. It doesn't feel objective.

NL is not going to win the next 2 matches with this approach.

• Tomorrow Poland will be able to choose semifinal opponent. Match Belgium-Turkey will be played before Poland’s match, so if Turkey will win, Poland to avoid them in semi will have to loose 0:3 as having worse set ratio than Netherlands.
    But I doubt it will happen as history taught us that choosing opponent won’t be profitable - in 2004 Poland lost for purpose semi match against... Azerbaijan to play semi with Turkey...

This tournament in Baku 2004 is my nightmare. :wall::wall::wall:I don't want to repeat this, so lets won Azerbaijan! ::win:

• I was able to watch the game live in Apeldoorn :)

Schoot and Beliën did a good job. Dijkema was the weak link today. De Kruijf didn't help the team as she did in last two matches. Plak did a pretty job when she came in, not outstanding, but just ok. Jump serve was on point.

Are there any possibilities that the Netherlands will face Germany in semi final?

• The Netherlands should understand that: This is this generation's last olympic cycle and Dutch Girls can't play in this level for 4 years. Dutch team doesn't raise new generation so your time is over. Turkey and Poland will be stronger team than The Netherlands. No more easy match for Dutch team. Sorry Dutchies. You must rebuild your team like Turkey, Italy, Germany, Belgium and Poland because you play with the same team for a long time

I will consider this my personal brush with greatness :)

Congrats on being part of the great Dutch crowd :thumbup:

Schoot and Beliën did a good job. Dijkema was the weak link today. De Kruijf didn't help the team as she did in last two matches. Plak did a pretty job when she came in, not outstanding, but just ok. Jump serve was on point.

Are there any possibilities that the Netherlands will face Germany in semi final?

They are gonna face Germany in the semi finals unless Azerbaijan beats Poland tomorrow.

• Poland was a team that improved the most at the world IMO.

I remember the time that they were playing against Peru in Gran Prix 2 with no that bright future.

Now they established themselves a top team with a huge potential to become more dangerous.

Bulgary really had a good generation to with Vasileva, Dobriana and Nikolova as Opp but they failed as a team.

Netherlands still is a good team and i think that they must to look for a Opp for another cycle.

Lonneke its really far from the level that she had just a couple of years ago.

As per coach Nawrocki TV interview :

First of all he will discuss with players and Medical staff to choose opimal starting six for tomorrow so I think there will be mix on players and it also depends on result of each set.

• Dijkema's setting

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor my eyes gif

Same goes to Brcic, She is terrible

Trying to set to Fabris in second row and her set looked like for MB slied attack.

Croatian history of bad setters is not stoping.

• I'm still mostly attached to the Turkish girls, but the more I think about it, I want Germany to grab this ticket.

Will it take a little bit of the sting out of "TUR : NED : POL--only one of them can make it" ;(

If none of them make it?

I'm not wishing heartbreak on anyone. There's going to be sadness all around in a few days. Maybe this is the best solution. Get behind the team no one talked about.

• Once all this is over we can calculate groups and stuff

I'm hoping for some balanced groups, although I have a feeling the results will make the groups wildly unbalanced just like 16 and 12