2020 Olympic Games - qualification

• Perfect match by Germany.

They are definitely prepared for this match, deserved win 100%.

It's really amazing to see them improving and they are soooo good as a team.

Hope Germany to go like this in the next match too!

• My God, this girl from Germany will take the last ticket for Olympics. They are playing so great !

Maybe Poland can surprise them

Lets go Poland :drink:

• Looks like CHN USA RUS ITA in group B.....:whistle:

And their is again chance that USA will stuck is the eighth finals as in last WCH. :wavy:

• My God, this girl from Germany will take the last ticket for Olympics. They are playing so great !

I bet only Poland can beat Germany. If Turkey wins today Germany is 100% into OG.

You know since you like teams where everyone gets involved and lots of MB action I thought you'd like Turkish NT even if you don't like the league.

Anyway let's see who wins Turkey vs Poland. This will be another tough one, may the bests go to Tokyo at this point.

• I bet only Poland can beat Germany. If Turkey wins today Germany is 100% into OG.

Hmmm... Let me guess... Is it maybe bcs ur Polish?

:rolll:

Turkey has a good record against Germany, but to me at this point Germans are equal faves against anyone because of this amazing game.

• First of all, congrats Germany! What a display! Really! Almost flawless! Germany played the pure vball style: AS A TEAM! It is a 6-player sport. They played in that way in all the extension of the word. Sure that Lippmann is their main weapon, but Orthmann really helped her a lot, as well as the MBs, even though they were bashed, they did more than what it was expected. Loved how Geerties and Pogany were always ready to cover the spikes of Orthmann and Lippmann in the OOS balls. German transition and counter attacks were really nice to appreciate.

Pogany has been great, but I do still think that Duhr would have been a bigger asset.

What a pity for NED. We always know that in the ECH qualifier, we will see A LOT of tears. It is the most balanced one. NED didnt have a good summer, I still think they should have pointed more in the World Cup. This tournment gives the same points than Olympics and it wasnt so clear if they would have been in Tokyo, like it happened now.

We have just watched the end of an generation now.

• Still sorry for the Dutch girls...I can't imagine how hard it must be to finish 4th in Rio and not even make it to Tokyo while playing at home... I teared up and I'm not even Dutch ;(

• Italy...will they ever become Olympic champion ???? Their best team was in 1996...but then they faced a bunch of crazy Dutch guys...

Let me be clear: Italy, as a nation of great volleyball-culture, both players and coaches, deserves an Olymic title...but I'm happy they didn't win today...simply because there was a Cuban !! on court (who's next??) and Zaytsev behaves like Cristiano Ronaldo.

This is something out of my usual character and I apologise for the bad taste, but this is a post that has been bothering me for 4 years almost, especially considering it was written minutes after a painful defeat that I probably will never get over with, and that has most likely killed my interest for volleyball. Anyway 4 years ago I wished the Dutch team to get some Olympic karma back and it finally happened.

Now it's my turn to rub the salt into the open wound immediately after the match. Good riddance Netherlands!

flyingdutchman

• Will Caprara lose his job? Who may retire from NT in The Netherlands?