2020 Olympic Games - qualification

• Never build a narrative from stats :teach:

• I do not agree!

Poland played with fighting spirit see 4th set 12-17 and finally first match ball 24-23. So many defences like "football" Stasiak etc. Have you watched the same match ?

Its an observation, not an opinion but Yes..I saw all of that. And you know what else I saw? Hesitations, break down of communication and lack of iniative at a very crucial point of the game. Poland is a good team with a chance and/or maybe on the verge of being a great one. But that aspect needs to be addressed for them to breakthrough.

• attacks of smarzek and stysiak could be stopped well by blocking. especially by turkish blocks. as mentally these two attackers are not solid. and smarzek could not conceal her attack choice. so todays result is predictable in many ways. and if turkish middle blockers could attack we would not watch 5 set game.

• attacks of smarzek and stysiak could be stopped well by blocking. especially by turkish blocks. as mentally these two attackers are not solid. and smarzek could not conceal her attack choice. so todays result is predictable in many ways. and if turkish middle blockers could attack we would not watch 5 set game.

Result was unpredictable. One killing point and your comments should be opposite. Block was good from both sides.

• Result was unpredictable. One killing point and your comments should be opposite. Block was good from both sidetoday

no my comment will be the same. today we saw that poland could get the match at 4th set. that is obvious. but turkish blocks did stop smarzek and stysiak before. even paralized. thats not about atmosphere of the hall. i said turkish victory is predictable because with paralized smarzek and stysiak poland won't have much chance for victory against to turkey.

• Its an observation, not an opinion but Yes..I saw all of that. And you know what else I saw? Hesitations, break down of communication and lack of iniative at a very crucial point of the game. Poland is a good team with a chance and/or maybe on the verge of being a great one. But that aspect needs to be addressed for them to breakthrough.

I saw some hesitation at Turkish team too but It doesn't change my opinion and observation both teams left heart on court. I'm proud of Polish team and their fight because as player I noticed huge progress in last year. Mistakes, lack of communication etc etc - nobody's perfect especially for such young players as Stysiak or libero. Turkey was clear favourite before tounament and nobody expected such equal match.

• I'm thinking to go to the gym to watch the final alive. Do you guys think I can still find a ticket or are they all sold out?:teach:  Let's go orange  Altinli

• I saw some hesitation at Turkish team too but It doesn't change my opinion and observation both teams left heart on court. I'm proud of Polish team and their fight because as player I noticed huge progress in last year. Mistakes, lack of communication etc etc - nobody's perfect especially for such young players as Stysiak or libero. Turkey was clear favourite before tounament and nobody expected such equal match.

Didn't people already lose their hope after the big drama with the coach last month? Poland showed way better performance than anyone expected before tournament so kudos to them! And yes Smarzek played a bad game, which should also be attributed to great Turkish block and defense system which kept her under control. But this game doesn't change the fact that she is a great player and will lead this team other important successes!

• https://www.volleybal.nl/tickets

There is still some left, go get em sis

Thanks! are you gonna be there as well?

I am actually happy that I wasn't at the gym today, I was almost getting a heart attack in front of my computer, I can't imagine the stress level while watching this in the gym:white:

• I saw some hesitation at Turkish team too but It doesn't change my opinion and observation both teams left heart on court. I'm proud of Polish team and their fight because as player I noticed huge progress in last year. Mistakes, lack of communication etc etc - nobody's perfect especially for such young players as Stysiak or libero. Turkey was clear favourite before tounament and nobody expected such equal match.

i agree turkey was clear favourite against to polansd. that also makes the result predictable. isn't it?

the reason for this equal match is about very poor meliha's attack performance. and at the same time lack of middle blockers attack. during whole tournament turkish middle blocker did not show such miserable attacking performance. and that cause such result which makes you proud..

• Thanks! are you gonna be there as well?

I am actually happy that I wasn't at the gym today, I was almost getting a heart attack in front of my computer, I can't imagine the stress level while watching this in the gym:white:

I really wish I could go and watch it (+ we'd meet) but I work till 17:00 and then I still have to go to Apeldoorn... (+ I have finals for Uni tuesday)

So I have to skip sadly.

Btw I also almost bought em for today but thank god I havent :lol: that atmosphere looked great though

• I am really really sorry for Poland and the Polish fans, my heart is with you, both teams did really deserve to be in the finals (as well as Germany), I am really thankful for such a great show. Meanwhile I really don't like the attitude of Wolosz, Smarzek and Stysiak. I always found Polish NT players very friendly and nice but this generation is not as nice as previous ones :)

Congrats to Turkey! Boz carried the team today, I really liked that Hande stood up time to time and Eda was trying to be useful with her blocks while both setters tried to destroy her confidence in attacking. Simge did well in the end as well.

For tomorrow's match, one big difference is, Turkey never played with this line-up against Germany in the group stage. Guidetti tried Hande as receiving opposite and Ebrar as OH for the first 2 sets which turned out terrible. So tomorrow's match can look very different than the group stage.

• I really wish I could go and watch it (+ we'd meet) but I work till 17:00 and then I still have to go to Apeldoorn... (+ I have finals for Uni tuesday)

So I have to skip sadly.

Btw I also almost bought em for today but thank god I havent :lol: that atmosphere looked great though

Bummer! I have a volleyball game myself tomorrow in Utrecht, I hope I will be able to make it:super:

Hit me up if anyone else from this forum will be in the gym tomorrow, we can have an inside-volley banner:rolll:

• Meanwhile I really don't like the attitude of Wolosz, Smarzek and Stysiak. I always found Polish NT players very friendly and nice but this generation is not as nice as previous ones :)

What did they do?