2020 Olympic Games - qualification

• Can someone post official POOLs for Olympics. I opened new thread.

Not yet official.

We must wait Dom-Pur match if dom wins

A Japan, Serbia, Brasil, South Korea, Dom, Kenya

B China, Usa, Russia, Italy, Turkey, Argentina.

If Pur beat Dom

In A will be Argentina instead Dom

In B Pur instead Argentina.

• Yes but Italy, Serbia in 2012 when you have in your mind condition and list of the players vs Serbia and Italy(1st and 2nd from WCH) so diferent teams.

Italy and China for me are the best teams atm.

They have done a wonderful job in their youth program.

Serbia depends a lot of Brankica and Tijana.

• Not yet official.

We must wait Dom-Pur match if dom wins

A Japan, Serbia, Brasil, South Korea, Dom, Kenya

B China, Usa, Russia, Italy, Turkey, Argentina.

And if Puerto Rico win, Argentina go to Group A

• Serbia is lucky, as country they invest nothing to youth, sadly but true. Some clubs are talented and player maker but that is also because of our good volleyball tradition. One more sadly story is one and only specific hall for Volleyball are demolished few days ago because some political mafia construct on that place some luxury complex. Sorry for of topic but i must say this. We must be shame because we have world champions but we dont have volleyball hall. Sorry again for so of topic post

2004 generation seems pretty good

• Orthmann is serving all the time like a littel devil - she had nearly 100 km/h in serve today, nearly without spin, very dangerous service. But her two successive aces came too late to turn the tide...

I'm talking about the last serving fault. There was a challenge by Germany for the second ace and it probably affected her in a way when she went back to serve. Emotionally, she was in a high so it probably was a bad idea to risk it when she could've done a safer serve while Turkey is a mess after drawing level with them.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I can only laugh when I see about "guarantees" and "definitelys" and such when it's only freaking January! USA went to two Olympics being the favorite and still didn't win. China finished 4th at their pool and are the reigning Olympic Champions. A week ago we were imagining a final like Turkey-Ned or Poland-Ned and it ended up being Turkey-Ger.Turkey went from favorite to nearly missing the Olympics to quasil alifying for it. Winning an Olympic medal can drive even underdogs to do unthinkable things...Much more when the "underdogs" are teams like Brazil,Russia or Turkey....

what you mentioned before rio

China ever got 2 gold,1 silver ,and 3 bronze

Brasil 2 gold 2 bronze

russia after 1990,3 silver

not mentioned they have got many medals in world cup and world championshiop

what did turkey have?please be clam

• I can only laugh when I see about "guarantees" and "definitelys" and such when it's only freaking January! USA went to two Olympics being the favorite and still didn't win. China finished 4th at their pool and are the reigning Olympic Champions. A week ago we were imagining a final like Turkey-Ned or Poland-Ned and it ended up being Turkey-Ger.Turkey went from favorite to nearly missing the Olympics to qualifying for it. Winning an Olympic medal can drive even underdogs to do unthinkable things...Much more when the "underdogs" are teams like Brazil,Russia or Turkey....

100% agree. Sure there are favorites but this is sports and these are the damn Olympics, nothing is given to anyone. Let's just hope for some great volleyball :heart:

• Sis Sokolova and Gamova aren't coming back from the dead to play.

I agree that Turkey is a big underdog but all she said was nothing is 100% and I think everyone can and should agree on that.

• No one bet that South Korea and Dominican Republic would make such a great competition in London, but there they were, playing against the big guns, fair and square... It doesn't exist a thing called favouritism in Olympic Games

• No one bet that South Korea and Dominican Republic would make such a great competition in London, but there they were, playing against the big guns, fair and square... It doesn't exist a thing called favouritism in Olympic Games

I'm REALLY hoping DR can do that once more or more (and I feel they can) :cheesy::love: obviously I'm rooting for Turkey but the Dominicanas really stole my heart as well

• I don't think I said anywhere that I support Turkey,that I expect them to win a medal or anything like that.I placed them with Brazil and Russia because,compared to Serbia China and Italy,they are the "underdogs".I didn't compare them against each other.And just like I said,you can't rule out any team for a tournament that's months away,that you don't know which players are gonna go,heck that you pray that all these players are gonna stay healthy and in great shape till then. It's just a very very VERY unpredictable tournament.

• Last year the oficial account for the German volleyball posted this. Maybe they could change the caption to "looking for the last time Germany played the Olympics" LOL :lol::whistle:

• poor matthias, he won’t even get to see a set...

I got to see the last 1.5 sets, unfortunately...

The match went just the way I expected (and feared...). In matches like this, experience is 75% of the victory when one team has such a big advantage in it. As somebody said, that can't be trained. The tournament came 1-2 years too early for Germany, but I hope the players are going to learn from it once the first pain is gone and can see what they achieved here! If the team stays together for the next years and some talented youngsters make their way, they'll be a force to be reckoned with!

And of course, congrats to Turkey! They showed that it's not important to win the first match of a tournament but the last one, and they played very well today!

• How is USA stable? Even passing is such an issue. LIB position, TUR > USA.

Well they must be doing something right, cause I don't think they won 2 VNL golds and a World Cup Silver out of pure luck...

• Congratulations Turkey! I'm so happy for Eda! For three years she has fought so much to bring Turkey to the Olympics again. She was a great player, great captain and a great assistant for Guidetti. After Drama Queens left NT, she took the responsbility alone and it all paid off...

I'm so sad for Germany but they are fastly climbing to the top! I'm sure they will be much better in the next Olympics cycle <3

And guys please... some of you have no olympic spirit. Turkey can even lose to Argentina there but being a part of Olympics means much more any player.