2020 Olympic Games - qualification

• I am so happy for Turkey. Eda and the other girls' hard work finally paid off. I hope they will great job in Tokyo. Also so sad for Germany. They really impressed everyone up to day in this tournament but their energy wasn't enough to beat Turkey.

• Angels are going home. Devils are crying because they are going to Tokyo.

Why be a xenophobic? As someone who was unfairly purged and had to flee from the current regime in Turkey, I can say that these girls did nothing wrong. They are chill, hard-working and friendly. My heart still beats for them.

If you think they're devils you got serious issues. Let's spread fair play and love on this platform. People like you and crovolley , who vehemently supports any team against Turkey or Turkish teams, act like total disgraces here

• True, true. So sad, Turkish girls were lucky ones more... after yesterday match and now again...

After the game i binge-read the comments and i highly suggest you do the same. So you can realize how b*tthurt, judgmental and biased you sound. I feel sorry for you and for me being exposed to such lame comments. I hope you grow better as you grow old.

• Because they are hatable.

It's either crovolley 's second account just to have at least one like-minded user for his sick thoughts or even worse we have hillbillies here. As a Turk, a persecuted one, i loved and admired the efforts of the Turkish, Polish and German teams. I would want to cheer for the Netherlands too. Please forget whatever indoctrination you get in school or on TV and just appreciate these hard-working women and what they bring to the court.

• I really don't like all this hate to the Turkish NT which extends towards racism against Turkey here. I read in many different platforms where Turkish users discuss volleyball and there are so many comments about insidevolley being weirdly hateful towards Turks.

Turkey wins a match and then all it is disccused is speculations of "oh now they think they will get gold in OGs", "Turkish girls were just lucky" etc. You might be 10 years old, but please learn that this is extremely rude and disrespectful. If you want to learn how to be a good sports supporter, please check German Volleyball Federation's last post, where they simply congratulate their opponent for making it to OGs. This is pure sportsmanship and love you Germany for being so civilised.

About OGs, in my opinion there are only 2 teams which are almost impossible to defeat: China and Serbia. Rest have some weaknesses which are easier to fight against. I don't see USA as a big contender this time considering Larson and Hill not being at their best and Karch failing to find a solid opposite and libero for many years. Italy might have some troubles considering captain Bosetti closed the season and now they have to change their receiving system with a new OH duo.

Besides all, Olympic games is months away. There will be injuries (hopefully not) but what if Zhu Ting and Egonu had ACL injuries all of a sudden? Will China and Italy be same? We know how easy it is to get seriously injured in this sport, so stop making silly comments and predictions already now.

Another point is, why do you compare Boz with Egonu and others while you don't compare their middles with Turkish middles?

In overall, congrats to Turkey! Thanks and a big applaud to Germany and Poland for making this preliminaries interesting and exciting! As someone else wrote, these two teams are really young and I hope in OGs 2024, we will see more european teams and at least one of the Germany/Poland will make it to there this time :super:

• Why be a xenophobic? As someone who was unfairly purged and had to flee from the current regime in Turkey, I can say that these girls did nothing wrong. They are chill, hard-working and friendly. My heart still beats for them.

If you think they're devils you got serious issues. Let's spread fair play and love on this platform. People like you and crovolley , who vehemently supports any team against Turkey or Turkish teams, act like total disgraces here

<3 can't wait to kick the dicks out of our country. Stay save.

Many people don't understand. I don't even root for Turkey in a lot of branches outside volleyball. These girls are truly legends. Them being not scared to voice their opinions on our current regime, From Meryem Boz yelling 'Yasha Mustafa Kemal Pasha' in Erdogan's very neighbourhood to Ebrar being an open dyke xd <3 Strong independent women (and men) have been missed in this country where people have been oppressed to the worst ends the last decade. Everyone is super scared to be judged but not these girls. For many people here it is just a match with their NT, for Turkey it was... hope, inspiration. 200k tweets and nr1 trending on twitter confirm that.

Let's leave that and Turkey aside and their bias against women and their homophobia. There is countries with muslim majorities worldwide like Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan where women aren't even allowed to wear what they want (watching Iranian womens NT is heartbreaking) and are literally seen beneath men, many there have looked at the Turkish NT and said to themselves: wow Turkey is a muslim majority. If these girls can achieve this, I can achieve this. The Turkish NT is watched well in some of these countries.

So yes I'm a bit biased and very emotional about our NT but I hope I made people understand where that's coming from. I'm not saying they're Ghandi xD but they are truly revolutionary and powerful women who deserve respect.

• I personally never post hate comments about anyone no matter where is he from etc. But some behaviour shouldnt be accepted and that is an example : comments under Smarzek’s IG photo. The girl just Lost her chance to play at the Olympics, she is heartbroken and that is what she receives :down:

Many Turkish social media users, especially the ones who exert effort to comment on everything and anything are ultra nationalist, delusional and offensive. But the team and the girls are not like those fans, nor the Turkish users on this forum. Don't take it out on the team members

• Btw, Turkish volleyball did not start yesterday, it started in 2003 women's european championship which Turkey hosted and came 2nd. After that, women's volleyball has always been popular in Turkey which explains why new girls keep coming with potential and Turkish league became so popular in world.

• My Bff is actually Croatian and she told many times how it's very common for people in the Balkans (outside of Turkey ofc) to be raised with Turkish hate, whether it's from school, family, news etc. but it is a reality. I mean it's normal, Ottomans invaded their countries at the time but yea. The indoctrination was there.

I'm not sure how real that is still in 2019, but it is for example why I love Serbian users here who are SO mature and intelligent. They clearly decide to judge each person individually anyways and recognize also the things that bring us together instead after living together for centuries.

I'm not judging or assuming on Crovolley but this is naturally why many people in the Balkans just feel prejudice consciously or unconsciously whenever Turkey comes up.

Ok thats that.

• Btw, Turkish volleyball did not start yesterday, it started in 2003 women's european championship which Turkey hosted and came 2nd. After that, women's volleyball has always been popular in Turkey which explains why new girls keep coming with potential and Turkish league became so popular in world.

Still remember this tournament, semifinals, final and totally unexpected results. :win: semifinals and final were similar to this qualification Tur-Ned 3:0, Pol-Ger 3:2 and finally Pol-Tur 3:0

• My God Beri go to sleep :cheesy::aww:

I'm sure you drunk some alchool after the match that would explain a lot.