2020 Olympic Games - qualification

• Sorry but im not understand the "comparation part" Eda and Gunes maybe are better than Danesi folie ecc...but they are in the "Same League". Compare Egonu with Boz is simply ridicolous.

And the major problem for italy is the SETTER, i don't know who is the worst malinov and orro. In The oh position caterina and miriam already play together in past (gran prix 2017)

Serbia is really strong but If you want to know how to beat China call Italy. China isn't unstoppable. Italy beat them several times in these years

• Sorry but not understand the "comparation part" Eda and Gunes maybe are better than Danesi folie ecc...but they are in the "Same League". Compare Egonu with Boz is simply ridicolous

That's exactly what I meant. Why Turkey bashers pick Turkey's weakest position and compare it with other teams' best positions while they refuse to compare other positions. I think Turkish middles, Naz and Simge are not worse than what most other teams in OGs have in those positions.

• meanwhile CAN & MEX are battling it out in a meaningless match, 1-1, CAN looks like they’re taking the 3rd set.

the way it’s going no way DOM x PUR will start on time. i guess i shouldn’t be surprised. someone please share a good stream when it begins.!!!!!

AVC is the only tournament that had a 3rd place match. i guess they really love volleyball in THA. from wikipedia, KAZ beat TPE for 3rd place.

• That's exactly what I meant. Why Turkey bashers pick Turkey's weakest position and compare it with other teams' best positions while they refuse to compare other positions. I think Turkish middles, Naz and Simge are not worse than what most other teams in OGs have in those positions.

Turkey has potential (before people go on saying I said Turkey will win gold) to do well depending also on the upcoming months as you said. Naz-Cansu and Zehra-Eda are definitely Olympic level players. I mean Meryem's 36 pts were not something many players would have done either esp. at these tense moments even Egonu or Boskovic might have made the error at one of these mps (Haak 100% :rolll:), what's even better is that we have Ebrar which can perfectly take over when she has Germany matches. Naz-Cansu also are perfectly complementing each other. A lot of Turkey's performances will depend imo on how the OHs will perform the rest of the season.

• I am Greek American born and raised in Greece.I would be lying if I said that I like Turkey,or that I would ever just forget the past (and the present).But that's supposed to be the beauty in sports,to enjoy the sport and the players from every country regardless of what their goverment has done,or what their history is etc. I would also be lying if I said that I don't find annoying some Turkish fans,or the booing today every time Germany won a point,or the fact that Turkish fans go and bombard the Pollish and German players' instagram profiles with Turkish flags and sarcastic messages.But of course I don't think such practices are encouraged or supported from the NT players themselves.All in all,I may never cheer for them the way I cheer for the USA or Greece or even other teams that I like more than Turkey,but I would be wrong to not recognize their achievements,or underestimate their players.

• Btw, Turkish volleyball did not start yesterday, it started in 2003 women's european championship which Turkey hosted and came 2nd. After that, women's volleyball has always been popular in Turkey which explains why new girls keep coming with potential and Turkish league became so popular in world.

So yeah, yesterday...

They didn't play any WCh before 2006 and this will be only their 2nd olympics. Not to talk about Men's team, which has done literally nothing.

Compare that to Brazil, USA, Russia/USSR, Italy, China, Cuba, Japan, even Korea. Only Serbia has a similar short history like them but at least they have a strong men's team since a long time ago.

I mean, no disrespect, it's good progress for such a little time. But they are in diapers still.

• Ok, Boz is not world class, no one said she was, but there aren't many world class Opp out there anyway, so she is not such a downgrade like some people think she is... true, she is not Egonu, she is not Boskovic, but no one is, they are in another freaking level! And I would like to point out that some world class players already failed in do-or-die situations like yesterday when Boz prevailed like it was a walk in the park, you don't win with your name and your past accomplishments, you win playing the game... So even bashing Boz is pure BS.... Like someone already said today, saying bad things or sharing hate about any player that played this tournament is outrageous and I think if you feel so bad after watching these games, it's time to find another sport

• btw the contrast between Turkish posts in Stysiaks IG vs Smarzeks IG :rolll: comedy gold

The crazy people in IG are there probably bcs as I said it entered #1 in twitter and with that the mainstream and the toxic masculine hooligans that we see often in football, tennis, basketball and every sport all around the world have entered. It is also really about perspective and how you look at things really a lot of times. I wish we lived in a world where we could complete ignore things as ethnicity, color, sexuality etc. but we have a way too long road ahead of us for that.

• So yeah, yesterday...

They didn't play any WCh before 2006 and this will be only their 2nd olympics. Not to talk about Men's team, which has done literally nothing.

Compare that to Brazil, USA, Russia/USSR, Italy, China, Cuba, Japan, even Korea. Only Serbia has a similar short history like them but at least they have a strong men's team since a long time ago.

I mean, no disrespect, it's good progress for such a little time. But they are in diapers still.

What's the relevance of male team in this discussion?:what:

• So yeah, yesterday...

But so what? Who cares if they are a new team? What difference does it make?

• So yeah, yesterday...

Well volleyball is a sport of 100 years, so being popular in last two decades of it is good enough. Especially if we are talking about modern volleyball where it is being played on 25 points system (since 2000s I assume), Turkish Women's team has done some good work. I never write things about Turkish men's team since they have never been in the same level as women's and in this thread we are discussing women's volleyball.

• Oh God, post after post about same thing.

Can you know move you conversation to Turkish NT and about your history??

:gone::gone::gone:

• The hate for turkey is 100% political. The girls hasn't any responsibility. But yeah most european don't like at all Edogan and Turkish government and think that turkey never was European but just the "less fundamentalist muslim state". Lot of people even think Turkey (and israel) should participate at Asian competitions not european

• Oh God, post after post about same thing.

Can you know move you conversation to Turkish NT and about your history??

:gone::gone::gone:

Yeah, let's get back to how many European teams should be at the OG.

• YEAH I FORGOT ABOUT THAT

MORE SPOTS FOR EUROPE!!!!