Forum software upgrade - new/old features

• I also like that you get notified when a user mentions use, and yea all the extra futures. It has become a more modern forum overall even though I did need some time to get used to it at first. And the PM functions work properly finally!

• i miss the old one :(

I could navigate the old site much more efficiently than this new one, but I like the way this new one looks. That's the trend with user interfaces these days--usability down, someone's idea of sexy up.

• I agree it's a bit less practicle but with that it does look a lot better and more modern and it has much more and much better options/functions.

We also have to get used to it ofc, the other one had been familiar for so many years now seeing it so different will take some time to appreciate.

• YavorD

Is there any chance to support video embed?

Code
    1. [img]https://i.imgur.com/WTbvwod.gif[/img]

Although this bbcode works well for gif.

The problem is, gif size could be very large. (in this case: 27.1 MB)

While in mp4 format is only 3.53MB.

I've try this code in "Source Code" mode, but this only works in editor. Preview and Post will remove the video.

Code
    1. <video poster="//i.imgur.com/WTbvwodh.jpg" preload="auto" autoplay="autoplay" muted="muted" loop="loop" webkit-playsinline="" style="width: 728px; height: 408px;"><br><source src="//i.imgur.com/WTbvwod.mp4" type="video/mp4"></video>
  • Hi,

FIrst of all, this is the list with the supported (maybe more could be embedded, too) media providers in the admin panel.

That being said, there is an example of embedding a video once I click the Edit button of, e.g., Vimeo. Perhaps you can try and tell me if it worked.

Code
    1. <div class="videoContainer"><iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/{$ID}" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

This is also the way suggested in WoltLab's own forum here. I couldn't find any other docs or manuals for videos, so I guess searching WoltLab's forum if the above doesn't work might give you a jump start.

I hope I could help :)

• Is there a way to change the category designation that appears under our Avatars? I don't feel "Enlightened", but it's more comfortable than "Master". I'm "Goofyfoot".

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete.

• :sos:
    • :what:
    • :rose:
    • :mad:
    • :drink:
    • :white:
    • :super:
    • :down:
    • :whistle:
    • :wavy:
    • :teach:
    • :win: