Brazil - Superliga 2018/2019

• 5th match is happening next week. SESI just beat Taubaté 3-1 and tied the series 2-2.

Really cool that we're having 5 games the first year we're back to this format.

• 5th match is happening next week. SESI just beat Taubaté 3-1 and tied the series 2-2.

Really cool that we're having 5 games the first year we're back to this format.

Looks like Douglas' ankle injury was not bad. Saw him on court in game 4. That's a good news for Taubate.

• Looks like Douglas' ankle injury was not bad. Saw him on court in game 4. That's a good news for Taubate.

I think their medical staff is for sure rushing and risking it. He should be out. I'm not the only one who thinks that and any other reasonable health professional would agree.

• I think their medical staff is for sure rushing and risking it. He should be out. I'm not the only one who thinks that and any other reasonable health professional would agree.

I am no doctor but he was evidently uncomfortable in yesterday's match. I think Taubate's staff thought it could be the last match of the finals, so they've risked putting Douglas in.

• I am no doctor but he was evidently uncomfortable in yesterday's match. I think Taubate's staff thought it could be the last match of the finals, so they've risked putting Douglas in.

Look, I'm not there in Taubaté to know how things are exactly, but from my physical therapist experience and seeing how it happened, he should be out for at least 2 weeks. He'll end the club season with an ongoing injury that's likely gonna be exacerbated due to recurring stress.

• Look, I'm not there in Taubaté to know how things are exactly, but from my physical therapist experience and seeing how it happened, he should be out for at least 2 weeks. He'll end the club season with an ongoing injury that's likely gonna be exacerbated due to recurring stress.

It's terrible for Douglas then. I hate when clubs neglect the physical situation of their athletes. This can bring even more serious injuries (such as the Thaisa case in Eczacibasi).

• EMS Funvic/Taubaté is the new Brazilian champion! They just beat SESI-SP in the fifth game of the final series 3-1.

First Superliga title for both Lucarelli and Douglas!

YavorD another one for the books: 3rd place in the regular season won over the 1st placed team!

• Awards:

S: William (SESI)

OPP: Alan (SESI)

OHs: Lucarelli (Taubaté), Lucas Lóh (SESI)

MBs: Lucão (Taubaté), Éder (SESI)

L: Thales (Taubaté)

Coach: Rubinho (SESI) why is this award a thing

MVP: Lucarelli

• I guess Renan proved to Rubinho who complained about not getting the brazilian NT job that even with a messy constructed roster he took over during mid season he can still make do of what he have. Hate him all you want but this guy is all about winning.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains ().

• I guess Renan proved to Rubinho who complained about not getting the brazilian NT job that even with a messy constructed roster he took over during mid season he can still make do of what he have. Hate him all you want but this guy is all about winning.

Yeah, he even put lives of his players into danger and throw ball into the court when a rally is being played. That’s how awesome he is.

• well, nothing less to expect from one of the brightest talents in Brazil's men volleyball right now!

Douglas was brilliant in the fourth set. So were Lucarelli and Conte (up until his performance dropped) throughout the match. It'd be unfair to not say the three of them were all key in winning. I'm really happy for all of them, to be honest.

• Douglas was brilliant in the fourth set. So were Lucarelli and Conte (up until his performance dropped) throughout the match. It'd be unfair to not say the three of them were all key in winning. I'm really happy for all of them, to be honest.

Has they ever played with these 3 on court at the same time? Like maybe Conte played OPP and Douglas & Lucarelli played OHs?

• Has they ever played with these 3 on court at the same time? Like maybe Conte played OPP and Douglas & Lucarelli played OHs?

They have! If I'm not mistaken, it happened in the first or second game of the semifinals and it worked out pretty well.

• I just watched the final game and kudos to Douglas, he came in with a huge pressure but he did not succumb to the pressure. Those 4/5 points he scored continuously were amazing to watch. I guess he was so fired up being benched and when it comes to his time on court he turned it into a show. Renan must be one happy coach to have 3 amazing OHs at his disposal.

Are there rumors about the men's transfer already? Kinda excited to see where Lucarelli & Douglas duo will be playing next season? Will they stay in Brazil for Tokyo 2020? Or will they pull Natalia - Gabi and play abroad?

• Are there rumors about the men's transfer already? Kinda excited to see where Lucarelli & Douglas duo will be playing next season? Will they stay in Brazil for Tokyo 2020? Or will they pull Natalia - Gabi and play abroad?

Both Lucarelli and Douglas are staying in Taubaté. Conte is probably leaving. I don't think there any big guns going abroad, everyone's staying in Brazil.