Brazil - Superliga 2018/2019

• Ricardinho retired and is gonna focus on managing Maringá. He said that the team applied for a spot in Superliga next season (the one Canoas gave up on), so we might have another team joining the league soon.

• Copel Telecom/Maringá got a spot for the next season (the one Canoas gave up on). Updated the original post and included their current roster above.

• I feel bad for Minas. This should have been their moment with a weakened and incomplete Sada Cruzeiro but still not able to break through the fourth place mentality.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Superliga has officially begun! With a surprising result no less:

Vôlei Renata - Sada Cruzeiro 3-0 (25/20, 25/18, 25/21) MVP: Gabriel Vaccari (OH) stats

Taylor Sander has not made his debut with Sada yet. He has a shoulder injury and will be out for the next 3 weeks.

• It is going to be hard watching Douglas get benched for Conte & Lucarelli this season. :wall::wall::wall:

He has already saved Taubaté's ass once this year. I don't think he's gonna get benched full time, Castellani would get a lot of shit if he did that. Things would've been different had Douglas not won the best OH award this last WCH.

• He has already saved Taubaté's ass once this year. I don't think he's gonna get benched full time, Castellani would get a lot of shit if he did that. Things would've been different had Douglas not won the best OH award this last WCH.

I really hope so. WCh gave him the much needed boost and it will be heartbreaking if this season he becomes a bench warmer. They need to let him play as much as possible. Tokyo is merely 2 years away.

• 1st Round:

Vôlei UM/Itapetininga - Sada Cruzeiro 0-3 (23/25, 17/25, 24/26) MVP: Rodriguinho (OH) stats

São Francisco Saúde/Vôlei Ribeirão - SESI-SP 2-3 (26/24, 25/15, 17/25, 20/25, 12/15) MVP: Alan Patrick (OH) stats

Copel Telecom/Maringá - Sesc-RJ 1-3 (21/25, 21/25, 25/20, 14/25) MVP: Thiaguinho (S) stats

Vôlei Renata - São Judas 3-0 (25/15, 25/21, 25/22) MVP: Michel Saraiva (MB) stats

Corinthians-Guarulhos - Fiat/Minas 1-3 (25/22, 17/25, 25/27, 13/25) MVP: Marlon Yared (S) stats

Caramuru Vôlei - EMS Funvic/Taubaté 0-3 (16/25, 19/25, 20/25) MVP: Lucas Saatkamp (MB) stats

• I saw a picture on Douglas instagram and he seems injured, does anyone know what happened to him?

• I saw a picture on Douglas instagram and he seems injured, does anyone know what happened to him?

No idea. Looks like an ankle twist, but don't quote me on that.

I don't think I'll be updating this thread any further. Brazil's latest elections and all the support our fascist president-elect received from a vast majority of players that take part in Superliga completely killed my enjoyment of the tournament and Brazilian volleyball as a whole.

If anyone is interested in stats, they can be found via this link: http://superliga.cbv.com.br/resultados-masculino

• Lucarelli always recovered from injury? Hope Funvic win the champion this year. They missed a big chance in playoff in last season. Being tired of watching Sada dominate superliga again. SESI-SP is also very competitive.

• No idea. Looks like an ankle twist, but don't quote me on that.

I don't think I'll be updating this thread any further. Brazil's latest elections and all the support our fascist president-elect received from a vast majority of players that take part in Superliga completely killed my enjoyment of the tournament and Brazilian volleyball as a whole.

If anyone is interested in stats, they can be found via this link: http://superliga.cbv.com.br/resultados-masculino

Tough about the election results man- commiserations:-(. Keep your head up. It’s a weird time I’m sure even for players themselves knowing about their teammates. Not that it’s a consolation much, but your updates and posts are really appreciated!!!

• Tough about the election results man- commiserations:-(. Keep your head up. It’s a weird time I’m sure even for players themselves knowing about their teammates. Not that it’s a consolation much, but your updates and posts are really appreciated!!!

I really appreciate that, thank you! I might resume the updates here if things start to look up a little bit, but right now I'm just feeling defeated and volleyball is not helping out that much. It just sucks to see I've been rooting for fascists and straight up horrible people for years.

• Yes, he's already been playing regularly for a while now.

It's a pity he did not recover before WCH 2018, otherwise Brazil might have a chance against POL in finals. Hope he'll be healthy for WC 2019.

• No idea. Looks like an ankle twist, but don't quote me on that.

Since 2014 election we knew it that there was a bunch of players who demonstrated to be xenophobic and despicable people, but right now did hurt me deeply, see all those players praising for a fascist, who will probably break up this country in the middle. This election show it a part of this people that I denied for all this years, but now I can't even look at their faces and don't feel a big dissapointment, for the kind of human beings they are. Sérginho, Lucão, William, Lipe, Lorenne, Natália, Adenizia, Tandara, Lucarelli, Fernanda Venturini, Fofão... and the names hasn't stop counting. The Superliga Feminina will start later next month, and I don't give a damn s***.

And about the election, I feel really sorry for this country, despite of all the kinds of violence that will take part on our society, against the social moviments, LGBT people, womans, black people and poor, he will create a dyplomatic crisis with neighbour countrys, that on terms will put our nation under serious danger. Sorry for the off topic, but this days hasn't been easy.

And about the updates, like Agguerro said, they are really appreciated!!