Brazil - Superliga 2018/2019

• just watched Minas VS Taubate. amazing match with the team going back and forth especially on the 5th set. Douglas did really well and awarded with MVP. Lucarelli is still Brazil's best OH as for now. i don't really follow men's superliga but it seems like Minas is one of the top teams? i am guessing these 2 plus Sada wil round up the top 4, with the final spot being SESC or SESI.

• just watched Minas VS Taubate. amazing match with the team going back and forth especially on the 5th set. Douglas did really well and awarded with MVP. Lucarelli is still Brazil's best OH as for now. i don't really follow men's superliga but it seems like Minas is one of the top teams? i am guessing these 2 plus Sada wil round up the top 4, with the final spot being SESC or SESI.

No, Minas is a middle class team in Brazil league.

The top 4 teams are Sada, SESC-RJ, SESI-SP and Taubate.

• i don't really follow men's superliga but it seems like Minas is one of the top teams? i am guessing these 2 plus Sada wil round up the top 4, with the final spot being SESC or SESI.

Yeah, as said above, the other 4 are the best teams. Minas is the best out of the rest, as usual. They might grab a win from the big 4 here and there, but they always choke when it matters. And by that I mean the Superliga quarterfinals.

• Yeah, as said above, the other 4 are the best teams. Minas is the best out of the rest, as usual. They might grab a win from the big 4 here and there, but they always choke when it matters. And by that I mean the Superliga quarterfinals.

Maybe it's only me coz I don't follow men's game quite often but I don't really know anyone playing in Minas. Sada has some huge stars and Taubate has Douglas, Lucarelli, Uriarte, Conte. SESI has most of Brazil's ex-NT and SESC has Wallace, Mauricio.

• Maybe it's only me coz I don't follow men's game quite often but I don't really know anyone playing in Minas. Sada has some huge stars and Taubate has Douglas, Lucarelli, Uriarte, Conte. SESI has most of Brazil's ex-NT and SESC has Wallace, Mauricio.

Minas has Marlon (former Brazil NT setter, WCH 10 gold medalist) and Maique (current NT libero, WCH 18 silver medalist) as their biggest names. Most of the others are young talents from Brazil's past and current youth squads (Flávio, Honorato, Davy, Rogerinho, etc).

tl;dr Minas is basically the team that has the most young talent that can make it into the senior NT in a few years.

• Minas has Marlon (former Brazil NT setter, WCH 10 gold medalist) and Maique (current NT libero, WCH 18 silver medalist) as their biggest names. Most of the others are young talents from Brazil's past and current youth squads (Flávio, Honorato, Davy, Rogerinho, etc).

tl;dr Minas is basically the team that has the most young talent that can make it into the senior NT in a few years.

It is a good investment on their behalf. These young players can stay with the team in a long run, if they choose to stay. What's your thoughts about the MB Flavio? Is he good?

Judging from this current season of Superliga, who do you think deserve the spot for the next edition of World League? Do you think we are finally going to see Lucarelli-Douglas duo?

• It is a good investment on their behalf. These young players can stay with the team in a long run, if they choose to stay. What's your thoughts about the MB Flavio? Is he good?

Judging from this current season of Superliga, who do you think deserve the spot for the next edition of World League? Do you think we are finally going to see Lucarelli-Douglas duo?

Flávio is great. He should be with the senior NT already.

I haven't been following the league that closely, but I'm not sure we're gonna see the Lucarelli-Douglas duo as there'll probably be Leal there too. As for other names, I'd like to see Flávio, Honorato and Davy (from Minas), Pureza (SESI), Abouba (Taubaté) and Vaccari (Renata). Birigui (Itapetininga) too, but he's already played last VNL. I don't know who else. lol

• Flávio is great. He should be with the senior NT already.

I haven't been following the league that closely, but I'm not sure we're gonna see the Lucarelli-Douglas duo as there'll probably be Leal there too. As for other names, I'd like to see Flávio, Honorato and Davy (from Minas), Pureza (SESI), Abouba (Taubaté) and Vaccari (Renata). Birigui (Itapetininga) too, but he's already played last VNL. I don't know who else. lol

Any of these can be succesor to Wallace? From what it seems, he has passed his prime. I completely forgot about Leal. Guess Douglas is gonna be 3rd option again. 😭

• Any of these can be succesor to Wallace? From what it seems, he has passed his prime. I completely forgot about Leal. Guess Douglas is gonna be 3rd option again. 😭

Ehh, not really. Not yet, at least. Alan (SESI) looks like the best bet for a proper replacement, not any of the ones I mentioned. But knowing how the NT works, we're gonna be seeing Wallace in the team until I don't know, 2024?

• Ehh, not really. Not yet, at least. Alan (SESI) looks like the best bet for a proper replacement, not any of the ones I mentioned. But knowing how the NT works, we're gonna be seeing Wallace in the team until I don't know, 2024?

I really hope Brazil learned from Coach Ze's 2016 mistakes and preoare the youngsters early. I watched some of Alan's matches and he seems very good. He is tall and athletic. Hope he gets more time. Any prospect on setters? Or we'll be seeing Bruno & William until Tokyo?

• I really hope Brazil learned from Coach Ze's 2016 mistakes and preoare the youngsters early. I watched some of Alan's matches and he seems very good. He is tall and athletic. Hope he gets more time. Any prospect on setters? Or we'll be seeing Bruno & William until Tokyo?

Unfortunately yes. Maybe after Tokyo Cachopa will join the NT along with Bruno.

• Unfortunately yes. Maybe after Tokyo Cachopa will join the NT along with Bruno.

I wouldn't mind William or Bruno as long as they change their game play a little bit. With Lucarelli, Leal, and Douglas on the OH, this team is looking pretty solid. Wallace needs to step up his game. I won't mind seeing Lucas for another year but we need fresh faces as well as MBs. Flavio is a good prospect.

And they can keep the 2 liberos from the WCH. They are both really good and did well as far as I watched.

• Ehh, not really. Not yet, at least. Alan (SESI) looks like the best bet for a proper replacement, not any of the ones I mentioned. But knowing how the NT works, we're gonna be seeing Wallace in the team until I don't know, 2024?

From what I saw from Alan Souza, he's no way close to Wallace's level. I don't know his jumping height, but it looks not impressive to me. And his spike speed is not fast too. I highly doubt he will be new OPP for Brazil's NT once Wallace quit. Maybe I am too harsh?

• Dont forget Mauricio on the outside... he has been a really steady addition to the outside position. He may not be spectacular in attack but he is a very steady influence , especially in his passing. He is slowly coming back from a bad injury.

I share the same sentiments about Alan - He is ok, but not really quite on the level I feel. But its all about training and teamwork I guess...

• From what I saw from Alan Souza, he's no way close to Wallace's level. I don't know his jumping height, but it looks not impressive to me. And his spike speed is not fast too. I highly doubt he will be new OPP for Brazil's NT once Wallace quit. Maybe I am too harsh?

Maybe you are. You don't need a new Wallace to be a good OPP. Wallace, Sheilla...those kinds of players only appear once in a lifetime.

• Dont forget Mauricio on the outside... he has been a really steady addition to the outside position. He may not be spectacular in attack but he is a very steady influence , especially in his passing. He is slowly coming back from a bad injury.

I share the same sentiments about Alan - He is ok, but not really quite on the level I feel. But its all about training and teamwork I guess...

I wish I could. I still don't care about him and now at least I have the last WCH to use as an argument to say he isn't exactly needed in the team.

Alan is no Wallace, sure, but he's our best younger prospect, no question about it. He's been consistently good in the league for a season and a half now, not to mention this is only his second season as a starter. He's the only younger one playing for a big team too (the others being Wallace, Vissotto and Evandro).

• I wish I could. I still don't care about him and now at least I have the last WCH to use as an argument to say he isn't exactly needed in the team.

Alan is no Wallace, sure, but he's our best younger prospect, no question about it. He's been consistently good in the league for a season and a half now, not to mention this is only his second season as a starter. He's the only younger one playing for a big team too (the others being Wallace, Vissotto and Evandro).

Vissotto is a weak point of Taubate. His attacking efficiency is too low as a strong team's OPP. Taubate's another younger black OPP had power spikes, but he made too many unforced errors. If Taubate wants to win the Champion this season, They have to do something about the OPP position.

• Vissotto is a weak point of Taubate. His attacking efficiency is too low as a strong team's OPP. Taubate's another younger black OPP had power spikes, but he made too many unforced errors. If Taubate wants to win the Champion this season, They have to do something about the OPP position.

I'd play Rapha-Abouba all the time instead of Uriarte-Vissotto. Abouba is another one who made a poor decision by going to the bench in a big team after shining in a smaller one, it's too bad.

• I think people aren't as convinced because Alan plays with the magician.

William's about to hit his 40s and expecting him to play beyond 2020 is just crazy and if Alan wants to prove himself... he needs to go abroad or to another team to measure him against the other opposites.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney