Brazil - Superliga 2018/2019

• Say Renato were open to fielding in young guns in the main NT, would Honorato fit in? Isn't he too short? But I do remember seeing him play last year or two years ago in a continental tournament where Flavio, Alan and Rodriguinho also played, but it just wasn't with Renato. Incidentally, is Minas like a developmental team for the NT?

Felipe Roque is good when he wants to be, but it's such a shame that his head isn't always there.

• Say Renato were open to fielding in young guns in the main NT, would Honorato fit in? Isn't he too short? But I do remember seeing him play last year or two years ago in a continental tournament where Flavio, Alan and Rodriguinho also played, but it just wasn't with Renato. Incidentally, is Minas like a developmental team for the NT?

Felipe Roque is good when he wants to be, but it's such a shame that his head isn't always there.

I think Honorato would fit perfectly, despite his height. He reminds me a lot of a young Murilo, one of those great all-around OHs. I'd like to see him play effectively in the senior adult, yeah. I do agree about Felipe Roque, he could be a beast if he wanted to, but he's just not there yet and I'm not sure if he'll ever be.

Minas isn't necessarily a developmental team for the NT per se, but some of our best young players and prospects come from them. They have one of (if not the) best youth program in the country imo.

By the way, it's Renan, not Renato. lol

Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
    Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

Bronze - Volleyball Nations League 2019 (W) Prediction Game

• From all the youngsters with huge potential this season, who do you guys think deserve to be in the VNL this year? And who from the senior team should say goodbye alongside Lipe? :lol:

Éder, Lucão and Evandro.

• I think Honorato would fit perfectly, despite his height. He reminds me a lot of a young Murilo, one of those great all-around OHs. I'd like to see him play effectively in the senior adult, yeah. I do agree about Felipe Roque, he could be a beast if he wanted to, but he's just not there yet and I'm not sure if he'll ever be.

Minas isn't necessarily a developmental team for the NT per se, but some of our best young players and prospects come from them. They have one of (if not the) best youth program in the country imo.

By the way, it's Renan, not Renato. lol

Any thoughts on setter Thiaguinho from Sesc? I dont watch Man volleyball very often but i really liked him against SESI.

• Any thoughts on setter Thiaguinho from Sesc? I dont watch Man volleyball very often but i really liked him against SESI.

He's good, but super short. He might take part in the NT this year as there's going to be room for it since William has already stated that he's planning on taking a few months off the team.

• Daniel Castellani has been fired from Taubaté just today, by the way.

• Minas beat Sesc again yesterday, this time without Marlon and Davy. Carísio and Felipe Roque, who played in their place, did a fantastic job. Maique is finally playing as a full-time libero too, acting in both reception and defense, which might be great for him (and the NT) in the long run.

I hate to create any expectations when it comes to Superliga, but I really hope they push through and grab a spot in the semifinals over Sesc or Taubaté.

• Minas beat Sesc again yesterday, this time without Marlon and Davy. Carísio and Felipe Roque, who played in their place, did a fantastic job. Maique is finally playing as a full-time libero too, acting in both reception and defense, which might be great for him (and the NT) in the long run.

I hate to create any expectations when it comes to Superliga, but I really hope they push through and grab a spot in the semifinals over Sesc or Taubaté.

Minas reminds me of Fakel in the Russian League. develops young guys internally to challenge the traditional powers

• Minas reminds me of Fakel in the Russian League. develops young guys internally to challenge the traditional powers

Yes, but this is main due to lack of money. 10+ years ago Minas was one of the best teams in Brazil and won the league several times, having many NT players at those times.

• Yes, but this is main due to lack of money. 10+ years ago Minas was one of the best teams in Brazil and won the league several times, having many NT players at those times.

Yeah, they were one of the main teams in the league until I don't know, 2013/2014? I do like the way they're working now, however. It's really fun to see all the younger players having a real opportunity and growing year after year.

• Yeah, they were one of the main teams in the league until I don't know, 2013/2014? I do like the way they're working now, however. It's really fun to see all the younger players having a real opportunity and growing year after year.

Prior to that I guess

• OMG, that means his prof career ended? He's only 29 years old

My bad, I thought it's Renan Buiatti... :wall:

• Taubaté's pockets are deep. Hopefully Renan is able to put some order into their mess.

• Taubaté's pockets are deep. Hopefully Renan is able to put some order into their mess.

sure, so he can do his tricks, throw balls into the court when his team is in need. Such a shame this kind of a man can still in charge of Brazil NT and hired for a club team, disgusting. He should have been suspended a year at least.

Now I just hope the worst for them.