Brazil - Superliga 2018/2019

• Renan with unethical behavior once again. Im done with Taubaté. His "mistake" giving the wrong number was unbelievable. He is always trying to win against the rules. He made good subs and tactical change and he is a good coach, but he has some problems (i cant say that he is a bad person, but probably he is a bad person). The referee was also a nightmare, the guy was freaking blind! The game had everything to be good but i am more disappointed than happy

• Missed the last 2 sets and thought for sure Sada would take it in 4. Imagine my surprise to wake up to see that Taubaté had grabbed the win lol seems Douglas saved their ass once again, to no one’s surprise.

If Taubaté manages to lose another SFs series against Sada after being 3-0 ahead I swear to god...

• LOl was the same - fell asleep because it was already 3am this side! Sada seemed to have taken control- their serving in particular seemed to be the decisive factor, at least in sets 2 and 3. Visotto, who I thought outplayed himself the first game seemed to be back to his normal ineffective self this match. I was really surprised that despite Sada having Williiam on court, Taubate couldn't serve on him at all during the sets they lost, and insisted on serving on Sander, and also serving out a lot because they were really trying to go for power.

I think Taubate might have a better chance this time round. Sada don't have Leal who was a dominant force for them, and Lucarelli is playing better I think, plus they have Douglas as an extra weapon. It will surely be exciting to watch and see...

Cant wait to see how this win unfolded if someone knows of a replay link.

• Taubate won the second game again, exactly repeating the same pattern of the last year. Hope they could win the series. I am really tired of watching Sada win their 6th titles in a row.

• Great pic from the last Taubaté-Sada match after Conte agreed to play as OPP. Really liked the pic, so I felt like posting it. I wish Conte would stay here in Brazil for longer (but would chose wisely which team he'd play lol)

• The end of the second set of Taubate-Cruzeiro was just painful to watch with all the service faults exchanged between teams.

It's now 1-1. Taubate only needs two sets to make the final.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Sada Cruzeiro is out of the competition.

Taubate had to muster all that they got because Cruzeiro was still hot on their trail even Vissoto had to play defense (which is surprising for a big man) to get the last point during the tiebreak.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• how's my boy Douglas doing? did he came in and save Taubate's ass at the last minute again?

He saved the team in the 4th set as usual. But then he went to the bench again, which is simply UNBELIEVABLE.

If Taubaté wants to win the title, Douglas will have to play the entire matches.

Douglas CAN'T bench to either Conte or Vissotto.

• Conte played better after he benched Douglas.

I'm uncertain with the details but I believe Douglas had a string of errors before Renan replaced him.

Vissoto was okay to me not excellent but a four-passing lineup was not really needed. I think they receive much worse when they have four receivers. He's probably there just for the block because Taubate MBs had a hard time blocking Cruzeiro when they are in-system. Lucao was a little messy with his positioning as if he only relies with instincts and not with reading the ball or the setter.

#FreeBritney

Edited 4 times, last by Rains ().

• Conte played better afterwards he benched Douglas.

I'm uncertain with the details but I believe Douglas had a string of errors before Renan replaced him.

No, he didn't. He made one or two mistakes. Vissotto was the one making lots of mistakes all the time. He should've been benched.

Well, Taubaté won. But let's see at the finals...

• Finally, we don't have to see Sada in the final six times in a row. Lucarelli and Conte made some crucial points in set 5. Sanders again, choked in clutch time. His reception error gave up at the set point in set 2, and his spike error in set 5 was also fatal.

Taubate's OHs are stronger than SESI's, but SESI's setter william is probably the best setter in Brazil league so far this season. Alan is good too. So it's hard to say who's gonna win the title.

• Finally, we don't have to see Sada in the final six times in a row. Lucarelli and Conte made some crucial points in set 5. Sanders again, choked in clutch time. His reception error gave up at the set point in set 2, and his spike error in set 5 was also fatal.

Taubate's OHs are stronger than SESI's, but SESI's setter william is probably the best setter in Brazil league so far this season. Alan is good too. So it's hard to say who's gonna win the title.

It would actually be the 9th time! I'm also glad about that!

• It's gonna be a fun final considering both SESI and Taubaté have the best Brazilian OHs at this point (Lucarelli, Douglas, Lucas Lóh). I honestly have no idea how it's going down. Taubaté is like an entirely different team since Renan Dal Zotto came in and might pull an upset, but SESI has been so consistently good the entire season that I don't know. I'm finally excited for a Superliga final again since I don't even know how long.

• I'm rooting for Douglas and for SESI :dance6:

• Am I the only person who felt Sander just looks so over the game? His body language is extremely upsetting. I mean he played well but I do wonder sometimes what his teammates feel with the kind of vibe he is exuding. Maybe he's hurt or he can't adjust with the climate in Brazil but sometimes his face says it all.

#FreeBritney