Brazil - Superliga 2018/2019

• Am I the only person who felt Sander just looks so over the game? His body language is extremely upsetting. I mean he played well but I do wonder sometimes what his teammates feel with the kind of vibe he is exuding. Maybe he's hurt or he can't adjust with the climate in Brazil but sometimes his face says it all.

I felt the same. In this post-game interview, he said he felt really good playing here, but I don't know. He wasn't that decisive in his stint here and sometimes (quite often, in fact) I'd completely forget he was on court.

• I felt the same. In this post-game interview, he said he felt really good playing here, but I don't know. He wasn't that decisive in his stint here and sometimes (quite often, in fact) I'd completely forget he was on court.

He's the second best OH in league statistics,right? I'm surprised really. I can feel Lucarelli's contribution albeit not at his best but Sander can ghost in one set and explode in another but ultimately crack at the end. He's that picky. I remember him being widely known for his dangerous backrow quicks when he started but Cachopa or any setter not named Christenson was unable to utilize him to full effect. My observation with him is that when the team plays their best, he is the team's best player but if they aren't then it's probably someone else carrying their team.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• He's the second best OH in league statistics,right? I'm surprised really. I can feel Lucarelli's contribution albeit not at his best but Sander can ghost in one set and explode in another but ultimately crack at the end. He's that picky. I remember him being widely known for his dangerous backrow quicks when he started but Cachopa or any setter not named Christenson was unable to utilize him to full effect. My observation with him is that when the team plays their best, he is the team's best player but if they aren't then it's probably someone else carrying their team.

Yup, and that was Evandro. Or Luan when Evandro was also down.

I feel like Sander's pipe attacks were vastly underused here, not sure why. His stats might be good indeed, but overall he was no Leal.

• Not sure where exactly to post it, but yeah... Jaqueline just passed out on live TV while giving an interview during the SESI-Taubaté match right now. lol High blood pressure due to the gym's high temperature, apparently. Damn lol

I'm sure it's in bad taste and I apologize, but... here's a video https://twitter.com/maurofehei…/1120866306494955521?s=08

I don’t make fun to this kind of things, I hope she is OK but Jaqueline is a attention freak and I don’t believe anything she says or does. I have been expecting something that could draw attention to her and her husband for a while and this happened.

• Sesi 3:0 Taubate

Sesi played good team volleyball. Their blocking and defense were better than Taubate.

William outplayed Taubate's setter in every way.

Taubate's OPP was also a loophole. Vissotto is too old and he has no serve. Did you see a top club's OPP have no jump serve nowadays? And that sub black OPP had better attacking than Vissotto, but he also made unforced errors from time to time.

• Taubaté was lucky to have Wallace while they could (and they still messed up twice then), because otherwise they have no idea how to hire good OPPs. Vissotto is not the player you want in order to win titles these days. And to think they wanted an even older Evandro next season too lol...

SESI's defensive system is easily the best in the league this year and they showed why yesterday. I'll be surprised if they manage to lost the title to be honest. Lucas Lóh is having the season of his life and being helped by Alan and William doesn't hurt either.

• Taubaté was lucky to have Wallace while they could (and they still messed up twice then), because otherwise they have no idea how to hire good OPPs. Vissotto is not the player you want in order to win titles these days. And to think they wanted an even older Evandro next season too lol...

These days? I've never seen Visotto performing well in a competitive team in any of the recent Superligas.

• These days? I've never seen Visotto performing well in a competitive team in any of the recent Superligas.

Well, at least he took a team in Russia to the finals like... 6 or 7 years ago... that's gotta count?

I'm just kidding, Taubaté is a mess.

• Sesi 3:0 Taubate

Sesi played good team volleyball. Their blocking and defense were better than Taubate.

William outplayed Taubate's setter in every way.

Taubate's OPP was also a loophole. Vissotto is too old and he has no serve. Did you see a top club's OPP have no jump serve nowadays? And that sub black OPP had better attacking than Vissotto, but he also made unforced errors from time to time.

Tsvetan Sokolov! His jump serve is quite often useless. I agree with your rhetorical question, though, but there are always exceptions :)

• Tsvetan Sokolov! His jump serve is quite often useless. I agree with your rhetorical question, though, but there are always exceptions :)

Sokolov's jump serve was ok last season. But this year his serve was off. Maybe he made 6 or 7 errors out of 10 serves. So, sometimes he has to do a float serve to reduce the error. His jump serves in the latest game of Lube vs Trentino were good though.

• Taubate 3:0 SESI-SP in the 2nd game.

Now they tied at 1:1 in this final series. SESI is basically an old man team. Only Alan and Lucas are at their 20's. They played a good team volleyball, but I prefer a team with more younger players could win the champion.

• Taubate 3:0 SESI-SP in the 2nd game.

Now they tied at 1:1 in this final series. SESI is basically an old man team. Only Alan and Lucas are at their 20's. They played a good team volleyball, but I prefer a team with more younger players could win the champion.

Lucarelli was basically unstoppable in the second game. He's having a really good run post-injury. Conte played really well too. Middles are still an issue, but that's just reflective of the NT's way of working considering Renan is in charge.

SESI usually has really good defense, but they seemed tired and unfocused, especially Lóh. I'm sure they'll bounce back eventually. Next 2-3 games are in neutral ground, so everything is uncertain.

• ----- Off-topic post starts -----

Sokolov's jump serve was ok last season. But this year his serve was off. Maybe he made 6 or 7 errors out of 10 serves. So, sometimes he has to do a float serve to reduce the error. His jump serves in the latest game of Lube vs Trentino were good though.

Sokolov's serve has never really been good, regardless of a few stats sheets and slightly fluctuating percentage values. The guy just can't jump serve. He said some time ago that no matter what he does, how he trains or which coach tries to help him, the results have been more or less the same. What he has tried as of lately is reduce the power when in bad series and every once in a while he manages to send a faster serve in. But he must definitely be among (if not the) the worst jump servers in professional volleyball. Unless this changes, he will never be even close to the very best of opposites. There are exceptions, of course, as you said, and last year's CL final, for instance, was one (to me, one of his best performances ever), but they come too little, too late. To move to Russia and practice with Alekno is the last hope I have for him.

----- Off-topic post ends -----

• Lucarelli was basically unstoppable in the second game. He's having a really good run post-injury. Conte played really well too. Middles are still an issue, but that's just reflective of the NT's way of working considering Renan is in charge.

SESI usually has really good defense, but they seemed tired and unfocused, especially Lóh. I'm sure they'll bounce back eventually. Next 2-3 games are in neutral ground, so everything is uncertain.

Totally agree with you. I guess he's playing even better than before. This shows that the pre-season was good, reinforcing the argument made by Taubaté's management that Lucarelli would compromise his season if he decided to play for NT last year.

• Totally agree with you. I guess he's playing even better than before. This shows that the pre-season was good, reinforcing the argument made by Taubaté's management that Lucarelli would compromise his season if he decided to play for NT last year.

Yeah. I talked a lot of shit about Taubaté's management (and believe me, I'll probably never be a fan of them), but Lucarelli skipping the WCH was the wiser decision. Plus it allowed Douglas to shine, so it's all good.

• Vissotto finally had a solid game. And Taubate did not choke this time. Now they are just one game away from taking the trophy.

Too bad Douglas is out for injury. Hope everything goes well for him.