Italy- Superlega 2018/2019

• Well, maybe they took Lanza because they needed an Italian receiver?

They wouldn't have needed an Italian receiver if they've kept Zaytsev as opposite...

Congrats Modena, deserved victory: despite the fact Trento won two sets straight, I liked Modena's game more, especially in the use of the middle (I agree the intesa with Lisinac isn't very good – yet, I hope).

Zaytsev and Holt great, but Micah imho deserved the MVP for his game in general and his serve specifically.

Today I didn't like Giannelli very much, but his short serve has been very effective in this Supercup.

• I wish one of the Trentino wing hitters become more stable. Preferably the opposite but neither Russell or Kovacevic is also that consistent to begin with so one of the five OHs could help Trento.

I am still conflicted with Vettori. He's turning more and more into an in-system opposite but unlike similar players... maybe Matt Anderson, he offers little else to the club besides fan letters?!? :lol:

I want Nelli to start over him but then... The defense flows better with Vettori and he seems more the type who can stay at 40-60% attack while Nelli can fluctuate to 20-80% which can be worse.

I feel bad for the Candellaro. I'm starting to like him. His serve can send chills. Unfortunately, his specialty went ballistic at the end. It could've help in chasing the lead but just wasn't there. I hope he finds that calm under pressure.

For Giannelli, i truly hope he finds his rhythm. Kovacevic and Russell are finding it easy to connect with him but he had to search for others or he will get stuck to his old ways forever and never evolve like Travica.

Christenson is already moving past him from and under Velasco should improve even further. I hope he finds the rivalry a challenge to his own directorship. Competition is after all good for innovation. Daldello can't compete with him so he have to look outside to trigger it.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains ().

• about Nelli and Vettori, I agree about the attack%, but I think Vettori is terrible in defense..

I liked Candellaro too.

In general, Trento blocked very well in this Supercup, I must say!

• Let's give all the teams some time to adjust. Modena and Trento showed Lube and Perugia that they're not alone..that's the most interesting thing of the weekend 8)

• I wonder what happened to Giannelli's backup in Lube. He's supposed to play as reserve for Bruno but D'Hulst is in the lineup instead of him.

To be quite frank, I have never seen anything special with him. He's too nervous for this level and I was surprised Lube hired him. He can't even put a serve in when Lorenzetti puts him to serve for Lanza. :white:

I read they are looking for better occasions. It is better for him to play more but as Bruno's backup it wasn't the case!

• Seems like Jiri Kovar is the biggest wild card among the italians without a club(if lube let him go.)

His release from his doping punishment is a month and a half away. Perugia would've the most to gain if they can sign him. Trento second. Modena have nothing to gain, I think. Maybe Lube can re-sign him to keep other clubs from becoming stronger.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• It takes time for Perugia and Lube to build chemistry among their new rosters. Once their spikers get used to the new setter, they'll be fine. I don't think Trentino or Modena are good enough to challenge Perugia or Lube in the near future, either in league or CEV.

• It takes time for Perugia and Lube to build chemistry among their new rosters. Once their spikers get used to the new setter, they'll be fine. I don't think Trentino or Modena are good enough to challenge Perugia or Lube in the near future, either in league or CEV.

Perugia looks considerably weaker than last season. If you are thinking this is Zenit Kazan all over again because of Leon, I think you are going to be disappointed because of weaker italian middle blockers and outside hitters in the superlega, it's just not possible to recreate the same domination.

I do agree with you on Lube. The club just defeated Perugia without Juantorena and Sokolov on the bench and Simon on opposite. That's an intimidating team once they are complete.

#FreeBritney

• Perugia looks considerably weaker than last season. If you are thinking this is Zenit Kazan all over again because of Leon, I think you are going to be disappointed because of weaker italian middle blockers and outside hitters in the superlega, it's just not possible to recreate the same domination.

I do agree with you on Lube. The club just defeated Perugia without Juantorena and Sokolov on the bench and Simon on opposite. That's an intimidating team once they are complete.

I have watched Kazan's most games in last three years, including Russian league and CEV games. I highly doubt Kazan can continue to dominate CEV this season. There is no way Ngapeth could be compared with Leon, in case the team needs the core player to hit the key points. See how Ngapeth perform for France in this WCH. It's horrible. He's one of main reasons France did not make final 6. Ngapeth is on his down hill right now. He will have a big trouble dealing with high block in Russian league.

Perugia's performance highly depends on Lanza's performance on receiving end because we know Leon is bad at receiving. Once Leon finds his chemistry with DeCecoo and Lanza is back on track, Perugia is still very competitive.

• It's only a friendly but the newcomers Emma Villas Siena Volley(Marouf, Maruotti,Ishikawa, Hernandez) def. Perugia 3-1.

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains ().

• Perugia is searching for an italian player in the market(unspecified role) to replace or bench Lanza. -GLP

#FreeBritney

• this summer all the fans from Perugia told me I was crazy when I said we build an hopeless team. All at once I'm right now. :lol:

They destroyed a winner team to keep the useless Atanachoker, when we had Zaytsev. Not to mention there was Parodi on the market and they signed the most overrated player on Earth in a trade with our strongest spiker. :wall:

Smile, the worst is yet to come. :gone:

• I still can't believe Perugia lost to Emma Siena even though that was just a friendly, Perugia still had better players on paper in comparison. It must've been the breaking point if Sirci is finding alternatives for Lanza.

The investment to get Leon is not cheap and they already missed the chance to defend their triplete. Sponsors are probably getting nervous with what's happening to the club.

#FreeBritney

• I'm surprised with ravenna-milano match. It's not what i expected after Orduna and Buchegger left the team to defend their challenge cup title in Monza.

Saitta is playing really well. Rhychlicki and him are having a great connection.

Raffaeli is also one of the most underrated italian ohs in the league. Such a shame he was never given the chance in the azzurri last summer. Blengini should be more attentive to the lower tier teams when looking for talent outside of the big four.

#FreeBritney

• Ravenna already seems well gelled together as a team. Milano is kind of a mess, but I expect them to do better as the season goes on.

I expected Argenta to start over Rychlicki by the way. but I guess this way works too.

• I haven't watch the match, but the result was really surprising for me! I would have never bet on Ravenna, let a long in such a straight and clear victory!

Congrats!

Does someone know is sportube will offer the on demand service? I'm not that sure to pay for the service this year, I would do it only to properly follow Trento because I won't be able to watch the replica on Monday evening on Trento local TV due to training...

But I will also play quite often on Sunday, so without the guarantee of an on demand service it would be a bit pointless to pay...

• Perugia is searching for an italian player in the market(unspecified role) to replace or bench Lanza or Berger. -GLP

Berger is having some physical problems(back injury). He'll probably be back(no pun intended) early november.

#FreeBritney

• Trento looks shaky at the start.

#FreeBritney

• I'm waiting for some uploads to show up before paying for the subscription. I might go patient and also wait for the half season reduction in holiday season before the Coppa Italia matches in January.

#FreeBritney