Italy- Superlega 2018/2019

• Monza's one of the stronger and greatly reinforced teams in Superlega. They are trying to win the challenge cup. I wouldn't be taking my eyes off of them. Good potential overall.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Leal's 18% attacking percentage is not acceptable in this game. I'm glad he was benched for the last two sets. Leal is a big disappointment so far this season. His status was not even close to his status in Sada.

• We're all talking about the big 4 four, but I gotta leave a comment regarding Rychlicki. Dude's playing superbly in his first season in Italy. He's really good!

• We're all talking about the big 4 four, but I gotta leave a comment regarding Rychlicki. Dude's playing superbly in his first season in Italy. He's really good!

FIPAV should be thanking Rychlicki that because he is doing well as an opposite, Ravenna is able to test young italian OHs in Superlega. :lol:

Lavia didn't do well but he's still young. I wonder how far he will go as a player.

Too bad for Argenta but Rychlicki as an opposite seems more sturdy to me. Even if they can score the same or Rychlicki move back to 4, the former's a risk because of his injury proneness.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Ishikawa and Maruotti should be broken up. Both are better as supporting a big blocking and attacking outside hitter. It didn't work in Latina, and it is not working in Siena.

• Trentino is using Russell-Cavuto-Vettori as the wing trio.

#FreeBritney

• Perugia 2:0 Modena.

Once Lanza is back to his work, Perugia is a super strong team.

• isnt Perugia's uniform awful (terribly designed) ?

Probably lots of sponors' logos on their uniforms look disturbing.

• Lorenzetti should never make that foolish rotation starting Lisinac to serve. Baffling decision in the third set. We couldn't stop Renan and Giannelli made too many imprecise sets.

Giannelli is setting predictably to 4 and he's losing rhythm with his middle blockers. He doesn't trust Vettori and it's understandable. Nelli benching him was a great decision.

What's unquestionable is his connection with Kovacevic. How can he keep scoring like that? He's like a different player from Serbian NT when he plays with Giannelli.

#FreeBritney

• i think Perugia wants to win CL signing Leon ? right ( i havent been following men's volley in the recent years)

Yes. Perugia swept three champions in Superlega last season. But they missed the most important one - the CEV champion. That's the reason why they signed Leon. Perugia must spend a lot to convince Leon of leaving Kazan as Leon has been with Kazan a few seasons with a huge success.

• We're back to Vettori again.:white: I hope Lorenzetti knows what he is doing.

#FreeBritney

• Modena already used two timeout to stop Leon's momentum? It's kind of anxious.

• Trying to bring back Vettori is just so careless. Lorenzetti should set limits to Vettori's mistakes and give Nelli more playing time.

#FreeBritney

• Perugia 3:1 Modena. Now they rank No.1 in Superlega. The set 4 is kind of a blowout. Leon, Lanza and Atanasijevic all served well. With Perugia's high percentage attacking in set 4, Modena barely stand a chance. A decent win for Perugia.

• I love Nelli's personality. For some one who deserves to start, he's still very much actively supporting the players during timeouts. :super:

#FreeBritney

• I felt sick after the trentino match. I have this feeling Lorenzetti set handicaps to the team. I know that they'll win but accidents can happen any time because their opponent have a tall opposite and that should make life difficult for any OHs. :teach:

For this match, I like Cavuto but the team was meant to fail with a combination of himself, one of Russell or Kovacevic and Vettori. Trento isn't strong enough to carry two weak spikers in the wings especially in the backrow.

I like experiments but I hope Lorenzetti doesn't gamble a lot if the effect is not good. I am still glad for most players having time to play even Daldello and the young italian MB.

#FreeBritney